The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

20 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Slash’s record drops early 2022. That’s the end of hopes for any Guns N’ Roses record. At least we’ll have new music from Slash. 

I would like new music from Slash, if it was anything other than ANOTHER album with Myles. So I'm double teamed, basically :D

• Like 2

SMKC are an OK standard rock act. The Slash album was great. Apocalyptic love and World on fire were generally very good. Living the dream was average at best and generic crap at worst. But most importantly...... FUCK YOU AXL ROSE, FUCK YOU TB for ending all hope of new GnR. No way I'm buying any tickets for shows now. 

• Like 2

There is no pressure to release a new album outside of a the hardcore fanbase which, at this point, isn't THAT relevant to them. I think the greatest benefit of releasing a new album would be to boost ticket sales and streams, if they came to decrease, which isn't looking like a probability for the near future. The reunion has breathed new life for GnR touring and that's what gives them their paycheck. It must've boosted merch sales by a ton and even given them more radio play and a lot more media coverage. Let's not forget that when Slash appeared in the media before the reunion, that was neutral press for Axl, as in one side, it reminds people of GnR, but also reminds them he's not in GnR anymore. Now, Slash's new album is positive press. It really seems like Axl has absolutely no ambition left in him and is doing this as his day job. He puts on his bandana, steps into the stage doest his job as part of the Jungle Welcoming Committee 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

There is no pressure to release a new album outside of a the hardcore fanbase which, at this point, isn't THAT relevant to them. I think the greatest benefit of releasing a new album would be to boost ticket sales and streams, if they came to decrease, which isn't looking like a probability for the near future. The reunion has breathed new life for GnR touring and that's what gives them their paycheck. It must've boosted merch sales by a ton and even given them more radio play and a lot more media coverage. Let's not forget that when Slash appeared in the media before the reunion, that was neutral press for Axl, as in one side, it reminds people of GnR, but also reminds them he's not in GnR anymore. Now, Slash's new album is positive press. It really seems like Axl has absolutely no ambition left in him and is doing this as his day job. He puts on his bandana, steps into the stage doest his job as part of the Jungle Welcoming Committee 

Sales ARE majorly decreasing already. Take a look at any of the US shows and the amount of discounted tickets (see the tour thread where people are discussing it). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Sales ARE majorly decreasing already. Take a look at any of the US shows and the amount of discounted tickets (see the tour thread where people are discussing it). 

Well, that could be a good thing, maybe. Perhaps this could begin to make Axl move his fat ass out of the couch and into the studio.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

Well, that could be a good thing, maybe. Perhaps this could begin to make Axl move his fat ass out of the couch and into the studio.

My hope too. But I imagine what will probably  happen is smaller venues and more expensive tickets, branded in an 'up close and personal' style. I can't see the touring stopping any time soon- they'll just adapt. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Well, we knew there was a SMKC album. Slash said late last year that he expected it to be released in 2021, as well as new GN'R music. Now we know that SMKC is coming out in 2022,

Specifically didn't he say that maybe we would hear some new music from both bands in 2021 (not necessarily a full album)? Probably a good chance then that we'll hear a SMKC single before the year is over. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Specifically didn't he say that maybe we would hear some new music from both bands in 2021 (not necessarily a full album)? Probably a good chance then that we'll hear a SMKC single before the year is over. 

And new GnR merch. 

25 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes:

Slash: I would like to think that we’d have some new stuff out next year -- from both camps, I guess. It’s hard to say, but I would like to think we’ll have stuff out next year, yeah.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5230-2020-11-21-the-oakland-press-slash-talks-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-touring-new-music#21039

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes:

Slash: I would like to think that we’d have some new stuff out next year -- from both camps, I guess. It’s hard to say, but I would like to think we’ll have stuff out next year, yeah.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5230-2020-11-21-the-oakland-press-slash-talks-guns-n-roses-pinball-machine-touring-new-music#21039

And that sounds like a guess anyways. The only thing he knows for sure is SMKC.

52 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

And that sounds like a guess anyways. The only thing he knows for sure is SMKC.

Exactly. And there’s literally no reason that a GNR record has to wait till second half 2022 other than, simply, Axl doesn’t want a new record. 

Edited by GnR Chris

On 7/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I made a point to get in there for Dirty Honey and they kind of sucked.  The Black Crowes aren't one of my favorite bands but they are good and out on a kick ass show.  Their new guitarist ripped..

I'm surprised by that. I saw DH in a club a few weeks before everything shut down in 2020 and thought they were great. I'm going to buy discounted tix for the show here. I've seen the Crowes a dozen times since the Southern Harmony tour. I wasn't planning on going, but heard the Nashville show on Sirius and was very impressed on how good they sounded. 

• Like 1

Say what You want about SMKC albums being generic rock and all that bs but live they sound really great. And when i Say really great i mean waaay better than current GNR line up. A good drummer and a good and prepared singer does Make the difference

Edited by agustingloger
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

What about them sucked?

The sound for one.. The bass was obnoxiously loud and muddy and I was near the soundboard.. The singer was just kind of generic and cheesy.. The songs just aren't there.. The ydid mention Slash at one point and played Last Child from Aerosmith which was really cool..  

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The sound for one.. The bass was obnoxiously loud and muddy and I was near the soundboard.. The singer was just kind of generic and cheesy.. The songs just aren't there.. The ydid mention Slash at one point and played Last Child from Aerosmith which was really cool..  

I agree about the songs. Their new album was a total let down. Very generic, makes Greta Van Fleet's songwriting look impressive. 

I went out of my way to see DH last year and were very good in concert. For $10 it was a good time but I remember hoping they'd step up their writing for their album. Not even close. I like 3 songs and their Aerosmith cover and think they are talented but hopefully they hire some writers.

1 hour ago, agustingloger said:

Say what You want about SMKC albums being generic rock and all that bs but live they sound really great. And when i Say really great i mean waaay better than current GNR line up. A good drummer and a good and prepared singer does Make the difference

Yes 100%. With them we don't have any of these issues like "the singer wasn't that great this show but the last one was better" or "Slash looks bored here" or "the band has no energy now." Not to mention that the chemistry amongst them is naturally really good; it's an actual band and not just Slash + some hired sidemen (which is what GnR has become). And they absolutely nail any GnR or other older song that they play.

And I think the albums are just fine, there's a lot of cool songs and riffs there and live those songs take on a life of their own. It's just that certain people here are upset that it's not GnR songs with Axl singing so now they call SMKC generic or whatever. There's only a couple songs across the 3 albums that I would label as filler, so it's pretty good to have that much strong material to choose from. Everything else can be divided into hits/live staples (such as you're a lie, Anastasia, world on fire, etc) and deep cuts (the stuff that's not played live as regularly). 

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's just that certain people here are upset that it's not GnR songs with Axl singing so now they call SMKC generic or whatever. 

I don't know.. I want everything Slash does to kick ass and am more than open minded when it comes to his work. I also don't really care to hear new music from Axl so that has nothing to do with it but I SMKC can sound pretty generic.  There were some really good songs on AL and WOF was good too but the last was was generic as fuck.  Mostly due to Myles but even a lot of the music was.. It isn't just people here either.. I tried to turn a lot of people onto SMKC in the past but some just couldn't get into Myles..

The are still a great live and the band itself blows the NITL out of the water but I am over it as long as Myles is singing...  Slash could do much better..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cosmo said:

I don’t think so. Axl is like Norma Desmond, his caretakers (Team Brazil), are Max the butler. Axl’s manager was his nanny, as Max the butler was once Norma’s director and husband.

I don’t believe Axl is privy to ticket sales, he’s essentially fed lies care of TB. He lives in a Malibu mansion that’s a relic of his past glory. He’s surrounded by his past glory, TB keeps telling him he’s relevant and nothings changed. He sounds great, looks great, fans are eagerly waiting for his return.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't know.. I want everything Slash does to kick ass and am more than open minded when it comes to his work. I also don't really care to hear new music from Axl so that has nothing to do with it but I SMKC can sound pretty generic.  There were some really good songs on AL and WOF was good too but the last was was generic as fuck.  Mostly due to Myles but even a lot of the music was.. It isn't just people here either.. I tried to turn a lot of people onto SMKC in the past but some just couldn't get into Myles..

The are still a great live and the band itself blows the NITL out of the water but I am over it as long as Myles is singing...  Slash could do much better..

Maybe i'm with You on this one... I like all SmKC albums and went some live shows but i think VR'S Contraband and Slash solo album and maybe 5 O'clock are way better than Anything with Myles. But i don't know what to think when it comes to Myles. Alter Bridge > SMKC all the way too

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree...many people say that Myles is a world class vocalist, and he may be, but I just cannot get into voice. I bought two of the records but have no interest in seeing them. 

• Like 1