The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 7/27/2021 at 6:23 AM, smokingarthur said:

I don’t think so. Axl is like Norma Desmond, his caretakers (Team Brazil), are Max the butler. Axl’s manager was his nanny, as Max the butler was once Norma’s director and husband.

I don’t believe Axl is privy to ticket sales, he’s essentially fed lies care of TB. He lives in a Malibu mansion that’s a relic of his past glory. He’s surrounded by his past glory, TB keeps telling him he’s relevant and nothings changed. He sounds great, looks great, fans are eagerly waiting for his return.  

I strongly believe that everything wrong with GnR is rooted here. The problem is, Axl is too far removed from reality (for various reasons) which keeps him from doing what needs to be done. I was hoping Slash and Duff would make a difference, but no. Sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I strongly believe that everything wrong with GnR is rooted here. The problem is, Axl is too far removed from reality (for various reasons) which keeps him from doing what needs to be done. I was hoping Slash and Duff would make a difference, but no. Sad.

I agree

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, it would make sense as to why every bad decision goes utterly unchecked too.  "Yes, you haven't released an album in 14 years, and the road to that album release was a dumpster fire, but you're Axl Rose.  People LOVE you for that.  In fact, they'd be pissed if you DID act normally and put out a record in a reasonable amount of time. Fuck that! You're Axl!"

Realistically Chinese Democracy started in 97 so Chinese Democracy took about 11 years to make and release.

This new album however, it's safe to say that some of the work for it started in 1999 and was fairly complete by 2000. It's been 21 years in the making... But let's give them the discount and pretend that they only started to work on it in 2008, to discount all the line up changes and parts recording by the new guys. Well it's still been 13 years in the making.

At this point, the Chinese Democracy time release record has been surpassed. Yes there was a reunion, yes there were line up changes and yes there was even Zutaut being quoted somewhere saying that the record was going to get released if the reunion hadn't happened. 

The World has been kind of quite for this last 1 year and a half, there was no touring and I'm sure they have studios at home, even if they're not allowed to go in a public studio. It's been 5 years since the reunion officially happened. How hard can it be to release a fuckin' record?!?

The last one I heard in the press was that the pandemic was bad for business, and people wouldn't go to the store to buy the records, or the "people don't buy records anymore" one. Actually, when people are at home and have nothing to do, they tend to buy more stuff, because they have nothing to do... they go to amazon a lot more etc... and there's other artists releasing records and doing good business. So that one was a lame excuse!

In what circumstance wouldn't a GNR record do good business?!? Even Chinese Democracy did good business and it only had Axl from the founding members, let alone THE Reunion album...

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

Realistically Chinese Democracy started in 97 so Chinese Democracy took about 11 years to make and release.

This new album however, it's safe to say that some of the work for it started in 1999 and was fairly complete by 2000. It's been 21 years in the making... But let's give them the discount and pretend that they only started to work on it in 2008, to discount all the line up changes and parts recording by the new guys. Well it's still been 13 years in the making.

At this point, the Chinese Democracy time release record has been surpassed. Yes there was a reunion, yes there were line up changes and yes there was even Zutaut being quoted somewhere saying that the record was going to get released if the reunion hadn't happened. 

The World has been kind of quite for this last 1 year and a half, there was no touring and I'm sure they have studios at home, even if they're not allowed to go in a public studio. It's been 5 years since the reunion officially happened. How hard can it be to release a fuckin' record?!?

The last one I heard in the press was that the pandemic was bad for business, and people wouldn't go to the store to buy the records, or the "people don't buy records anymore" one. Actually, when people are at home and have nothing to do, they tend to buy more stuff, because they have nothing to do... they go to amazon a lot more etc... and there's other artists releasing records and doing good business. So that one was a lame excuse!

In what circumstance wouldn't a GNR record do good business?!? Even Chinese Democracy did good business and it only had Axl from the founding members, let alone THE Reunion album...

A good point plus an absolute nonsense. 
- The good point: the excuses – Covid, or that "can’t release an album with what’s happening in the world right now", "would be unfair" and similar bullshit. Considering other artists have been very productive. 
- The nonsense: the years you state it’s been in the making. The fact that Axl may and probably will use some of his older ideas from the CD sessions or something post 2008, that does not mean we could say in this unique situation that the waiting started in 2008. This band has gone through a complete refurbishment, remember? And since Slash and Duff only came back in 2015/16 (and Slash brings his own contribution on the table), this is the year we can start the counting from. Not to mention the first two years were almost exclusively filled with touring, plus AC/DC, so I didn’t realistically expect them to have seriously worked on anything. In any case, the counting starts with 2015/16 and not a year earlier. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 6:20 AM, jamillos said:

A good point plus an absolute nonsense. 
- The good point: the excuses – Covid, or that "can’t release an album with what’s happening in the world right now", "would be unfair" and similar bullshit. Considering other artists have been very productive. 
- The nonsense: the years you state it’s been in the making. The fact that Axl may and probably will use some of his older ideas from the CD sessions or something post 2008, that does not mean we could say in this unique situation that the waiting started in 2008. This band has gone through a complete refurbishment, remember? And since Slash and Duff only came back in 2015/16 (and Slash brings his own contribution on the table), this is the year we can start the counting from. Not to mention the first two years were almost exclusively filled with touring, plus AC/DC, so I didn’t realistically expect them to have seriously worked on anything. In any case, the counting starts with 2015/16 and not a year earlier. 

Well even though they reunited in 2016, half the way is done... Vocals on Hard School, Atlas Shrugged etc have been done for years. All it was missing was Slash's and Duff's parts. So maybe there's like 3 or 4 brand new songs and those took some months to complete, but there were some songs only needing a guitar track and a bass track, so is it really fair to start counting from 2016? Even if it is... it's been 5 years!...

1 hour ago, Propaganda said:

Well even though they reunited in 2016, half the way is done... Vocals on Hard School, Atlas Shrugged etc have been done for years. All it was missing was Slash's and Duff's parts. So maybe there's like 3 or 4 brand new songs and those took some months to complete, but there were some songs only needing a guitar track and a bass track, so is it really fair to start counting from 2016? Even if it is... it's been 5 years!...

But we don't know how many CD2 songs will be used and how much new work have the other 2 guys done (and what vocals will Axl use). However, I'm definitely not apologizing their lack of delivery. It's true that those 5 years is quite a lot of time, see UYI.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

Unless GNR want to have Pitman get all the sweet $$$ royalties from a new GNR album after firing him, yes lol. Or they changed exactly the lyrics/music parts that Pitman wrote. I mean it had the same lyrics for like 15 years and now Axl thought the song/title needed changing after all that time, pretty weird.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown