The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, axljungle said:

I can't understand the hate towards Scraped, the people not much fan of Guns N' Roses that I play it said it's one of the best song from Chinese Democracy, put it at the same level than Better, for example.

In a private message in facebook Bumblefoot told that he like this song, one of his favourites.

Hard Skool is a very good hard rock song for me, not as industrial as the demo, for me this is better.

I like Scraped too. The drum intro makes it a lot better though. 

I remember when those first TV ads for Chinese Democracy aired, and we heard the first snippets of Scraped - the "don't you try to stop us now" part - and a lot of people thought that was awesome. 

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Scraped’s biggest issue is falsetto intro and the falsetto bits throughout the song - REALLY bad. The riffs and actual song is actually pretty good but those vocal styles really hurt it IMO.

Yeah, it's not good, but I can overcome that. The mix in general made it even worse too. I think this is a song that was totally constructed on Pro Tools by Axl and Caram, using a Buckethead riff and pasting together other stuff to build a track.

• Like 3

Just now, RichardNixon said:

Lots of speculation and assumptions based on nothing. You are entitled to dislike "Absurd," just as other people are free to like it (I do). And you know nothing about Axl's relationship with any band members or what his thinking is with regards to new music. 

GN'R has the worst fans. So whiny and entitled. No wonder Axl doesn't like posting here or interacting with his fanbase. 

Ah good, the return of "GNR fans are so whiny and entitled". It's been a few days. 

Frankly, far from GNR fans being  "the worst" they're probably the best. That anyone has stuck with this band over the years given the complete absence of content and the difficulties is remarkable. 

Always nice to have someone drop by and call everyone "the worst" though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Cosmo said:

lol I've never seen a more patient fanbase. Seriously. You need to check out more fan forums. 

Lol, i guess i’m one of those patient fans searching for news every day for 25 years now 🙈 The reward was not very big but hey i got used to it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Lots of speculation and assumptions based on nothing. You are entitled to dislike "Absurd," just as other people are free to like it (I do). And you know nothing about Axl's relationship with any band members or what his thinking is with regards to new music. 

GN'R has the worst fans. So whiny and entitled. No wonder Axl doesn't like posting here or interacting with his fanbase. 

Even if that was true, this is a forum, we're here to voice opinions, to speculate, to debate. Those opinions can be negative or positive and it doesn't matter.

And if you think this is bad, check "the war room" on discord

if you like silkworms good for you. I'm neutral, kinda liked the verse, but dislike the chorus (or lack of one).

Never liked the concept of "entitled", plus its a shitty Jack white song.

Edited by batatadoce
  • Like 1

I seriously can't believe anyone would have the audacity to call GNR's fan base "whiny" or "entitled." ASBURD!

If anything, we're the most starved fan base out there yet we continue to peruse forums and discuss the band much to the chagrin of band management. They'd rather we pony up a grand for cold pizza in a little hotel room with a sign taped to the door that says "VIP." Or $80 for a fan club membership where you get a passport and a $5 Old Navy hoodie with a patch sewn onto it. 

I think releasing Silkworms/Absurd is THE wayto generate a buzz for a new album

This must be thought out, they played it a couple of nights ago, some media picked it up, like Blabbermouth, now a couple of days later this release, and this will generate alot more buzz

We don't know if this is an actual single or just song released, like a lot of bands do nowadays, to follow with an actual single/videoclip and maybe even an album announcement ?

5 minutes ago, merces said:

We don't know if this is an actual single or just song released, like a lot of bands do nowadays, to follow with an actual single/videoclip and maybe even an album announcement ?

$3 million budget official video for Eye On You as lead single coming Nov. 23rd

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

8 minutes ago, merces said:

I think releasing Silkworms/Absurd is THE wayto generate a buzz for a new album

This must be thought out, they played it a couple of nights ago, some media picked it up, like Blabbermouth, now a couple of days later this release, and this will generate alot more buzz

I agree, it'll get ppl talking for sure and that's what they want.

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Possible I suppose....but given this being the 'single' if I was a betting man I'd probably say not. 

SOYL is also a single, same way (no real promotion - no video) as Absurd Silkworms. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

SOYL is also a single, same way (no real promotion - no video) as Absurd Silkworms. 

True. Which I suppose doesn't rule this out being to promote a UYI reissue.....but I have regained some hope that this is the start of something new! 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

True. Which I suppose doesn't rule this out being to promote a UYI reissue.....but I have regained some hope that this is the start of something new! 

Me too tbh. Although if they want to promote this reissue (granted this thing is real), then SW is not the best choice. 

14 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Scraped’s biggest issue is falsetto intro and the falsetto bits throughout the song - REALLY bad. The riffs and actual song is actually pretty good but those vocal styles really hurt it IMO.

NAILED IT! That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Only other point I'd add is the lyrics are pretty terrible too. But the guitar solo section is pretty cool.