The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Me too tbh. Although if they want to promote this reissue (granted this thing is real), then SW is not the best choice. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Let's be honest.....it's not the best choice of a single altogether is it?! 

Which begs the question….why would this be used to promote any UYI reissue as surely nothing of this has its roots in that era? I see a lot of people saying it’s UYI italics but it’s actually italics which go back to AFD too….so it’s just ‘their’ italics.

I know Fortus referenced working on something from the slash era but I think we all thought that was Hardschool?! And Axl already said it was a Dizzy/Pitman thing….

Its all so confusing 🤣🤣

29 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Which begs the question….why would this be used to promote any UYI reissue as surely nothing of this has its roots in that era? I see a lot of people saying it’s UYI italics but it’s actually italics which go back to AFD too….so it’s just ‘their’ italics.

I know Fortus referenced working on something from the slash era but I think we all thought that was Hardschool?! And Axl already said it was a Dizzy/Pitman thing….

Its all so confusing 🤣🤣

But it has been stated that Slash and Duff weren’t really on board with the industrial techno sound Axl wanted to bring in so maybe it does date back to that time just before Slash left

But I don’t buy that this has anything to do with UYI at all. They’d have released ain’t going down or something known explicitly from that era if that was the case

So that's 420 some odd pages before the first official release of anything? Impressive feat I must say. Now we can start taking bets on how many more pages we can fill in the thread before an album actually happens.

Use Your Illusion III/Chinese Democracy II starts now!

• ABSUЯD 3

4 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Quick Friday shout out to all the believers in the forthcoming GNR quadruple album! Noticed a lack of chat on that front. 

I believe a double album would be more likely.

I just hope it's mixed less messy than Absurd. 

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I believe a double album would be more likely.

I just hope it's mixed less messy than Absurd. 

I have a real hatred towards double albums. Only one I genuinely don't get bored with is Exile. I was a huge Zep fan back in the day and I've always really struggled with Physical Graffiti for some reason. Just found it so overblown. Which is basically my same complaint with the Illusions. Don't get me wrong, I'll happily sit through Estranged, Coma, Locomotive and the likes. But tracks like Breakdown and November Rain really didn't do it for me. The thing that always got me with Appetite was just how quick and to the point it was. Obviously just personal preference. But I think it was David Lee Roth who said something like: leave 'em wanting more. 

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

I have a real hatred towards double albums. Only one I genuinely don't get bored with is Exile. I was a huge Zep fan back in the day and I've always really struggled with Physical Graffiti for some reason. Just found it so overblown. Which is basically my same complaint with the Illusions. Don't get me wrong, I'll happily sit through Estranged, Coma, Locomotive and the likes. But tracks like Breakdown and November Rain really didn't do it for me. The thing that always got me with Appetite was just how quick and to the point it was. Obviously just personal preference. But I think it was David Lee Roth who said something like: leave 'em wanting more. 

I get that, but I'd rather have GN'R purge even the weaker items out of the vault on an official release.

I like how they did the Illusions are two separate albums, instead of one album with two CDs.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

David Lee Roth always left me wanting Sammy.

Hahaha! I'm not really a VH fan. Like the odd song, but not really big into them. I listened to OU812 recently though and the keyboards are fucking awful!!!

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I get that, but I'd rather have GN'R purge even the weaker items out of the vault on an official release.

I like how they did the Illusions are two separate albums, instead of one album with two CDs.

Don't disagree at this stage. I just have a thing for complete albums like Appetite (though if I was being hyper critical here, I could do without the version of You're Crazy and Anything Goes). What gives me the fear is the vault material that has seen the light of day is just not that good to my ears. :(

38 minutes ago, James Bond said:

If they actually went "fuck it" and released a quadruple album, I feel like that would actually make up for a good chunk of lost time and wasted potential. I'd be all over that.

I don’t know about quadruple :lol: but I’ve thought this about a double album for a while. 
Let’s be honest age is going against Axl with his vocals and if you can get him in a studio just now  it’ll be another while to drag him back in again :lol:  
So they might as well work on a mixture of whatever CD session songs they want to and also newly written songs and just get it out there. That way it gives them a bigger catalogue of songs to tour the rest of their days. 

Edited by Gold top 78

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I agree. I figure in today's world they could drop actually a double or triple album on Spotify to accomplish a few things:

1) Axl finally gets all his Chinese Leftovers out there. Might help him move on.

2) While it's a lot of "new" music to digest (especially for casual fans), they could periodically releases new radio singles from it while continuing the endless tour. The set list could then get changed up enough every so often to support what they're already doing anyways.

3) It might be the necessary catalyst to get a subsequent, standalone all new album from the current line-up once Axl has finally let go of the Chinese stuff.

Agree 100%

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

What gives me the fear is the vault material that has seen the light of day is just not that good to my ears. :(

My understanding is CD2 is very much like CD1, though a tad darker. So it will have a handful of some "big guns" on there along with some snoozers. 

From what I have heard, Soul Monster is a gem, and has (or had) some Bucket work that was amazing. I have been lead to believe Seven is good as well. If The General is half as good as many believe it is, then the three aforementioned songs along with Zodiac 13 (with a killer vocal track) and perhaps (hehe) a few others it should be a pretty good album. State Of Grace could be something special too, assuming it was finished. I just hope it's not as mixed as sloppily as Absurd, though that may have been an artistic intent, much like the End Of Days Oh My God.

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Dude,How old are you?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

My understanding is CD2 is very much like CD1, though a tad darker. So it will have a handful of some "big guns" on there along with some snoozers. 

From what I have heard, Soul Monster is a gem, and has (or had) some Bucket work that was amazing. I have been lead to believe Seven is good as well. If The General is half as good as many believe it is, then the three aforementioned songs along with Zodiac 13 (with a killer vocal track) and perhaps (hehe) a few others it should be a pretty good album. State Of Grace could be something special too, assuming it was finished. I just hope it's not as mixed as sloppily as Absurd, though that may have been an artistic intent, much like the End Of Days Oh My God.

I love how we expect a new album!

But let we dream

If the first track is a killer version of The General it would be awesome, or maybe a version of Thyme-PRL with a killer vocal and guitar track. Oh My God is already an oficial realese, i don´t think that it could be in the album.ircus is a killer track but it shouldn´t be touched.

The best songs to bee realesed can be:

1 The General 
2 Ides of March
3 Berlin
4 Soul Monster
5 Atlas
6 Perhaps
7 Seven
8 D Tune
9 Quck Song
10 Mothormouth
11 Hard Skool
12 Love It (State of Grace leak name)
13 Zodiac

Already, Eye On You, Moustache, Tonto, Dummy, Shuffle, Prom Violence and The Rebel could be included, and a remastered version of the records of A Beer and a Cigarette, Down on The Street and Ain´t Going Down of the UYI sessions...

6 minutes ago, PHARAO97 said:

I love how we expect a new album!

But let we dream

If the first track is a killer version of The General it would be awesome, or maybe a version of Thyme-PRL with a killer vocal and guitar track. Oh My God is already an oficial realese, i don´t think that it could be in the album.ircus is a killer track but it shouldn´t be touched.

The best songs to bee realesed can be:

1 The General 
2 Ides of March
3 Berlin
4 Soul Monster
5 Atlas
6 Perhaps
7 Seven
8 D Tune
9 Quck Song
10 Mothormouth
11 Hard Skool
12 Love It (State of Grace leak name)
13 Zodiac

Already, Eye On You, Moustache, Tonto, Dummy, Shuffle, Prom Violence and The Rebel could be included, and a remastered version of the records of A Beer and a Cigarette, Down on The Street and Ain´t Going Down of the UYI sessions...

There must also be new songs and unreleased songs we don't know about. The ones you listed just happened to be the ones we got to hear

Didn't Tommy say they had 22 (additional) completed songs after CD was out?

37 minutes ago, PHARAO97 said:

Oh My God is already an oficial realese, i don´t think that it could be in the album.ircus is a killer track but it shouldn´t be touched.

Axl said in the "chats" that OMG has been worked on post 1999 release, which we know to be true with the leaked version with Buckethead and Bumblefoot on it. But he also said it wasn't taken that seriously. It was a consideration for CD2 in early 2008.

If anything, it would be a cool bonus track, but I'd like for a proper version to be on an album or EP.

• Like 1