The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

If you have to come up with theories and assumptions to disprove A LOT of evidence that Axl doesn't have anything recorded after 2000, try the Occam Razor wikipedia page. It's not only unlikely, but also illogical. 

Remember when people said Slash and Duff didn't record anything after 2016 (or at least 2019-ish)? Well, that was wrong. 

I'm still not convinced we will have an album release. But I'm 100% sure they have an album. 

• GNFNR 1

I believe GN'R will perform Hardskool live on this tour and release it digitally as they have done with Absurd. Regarding a release, there are two ways i see this going:

1) Absurd and Hardskool will comprise a standalone single release (A/B sides) with digital and physical products.

or

2) Absurd and Hardskool are singles for a new album, which could be announced alongside Hardskool's single release.

They could even do both.

2 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I believe GN'R will perform Hardskool live on this tour and release it digitally as they have done with Absurd. Regarding a release, there are two ways i see this going:

1) Absurd and Hardskool will comprise a standalone single release (A/B sides) with digital and physical products.

or

2) Absurd and Hardskool are singles for a new album, which could be announced alongside Hardskool's single release.

They could even do both.

Hoping we get 2 or 3 singles over next 4 months , I really don’t think Absurd is gonna get radio play cause of all the cussing ( too many bleeps)

On 8/6/2021 at 10:54 PM, Bitchisback said:

Glad you woke up from your coma. 

On 8/6/2021 at 11:35 PM, JimmyMick3 said:

They kinda liked it in a coma……

That song is a masterpiece.  It's so heavy, trippy, the lyrics are amazing.  One of GN'R's (particularly Slash and Axl) finest moments.

I think it's really cool Axl said he wanted to include Coma on occasion on the NITL tour because he knew it would make Slash happy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

That song is a masterpiece.  It's so heavy, trippy, the lyrics are amazing.  One of GN'R's (particularly Slash and Axl) finest moments.

I think it's really cool Axl said he wanted to include Coma on occasion on the NITL tour because he knew it would make Slash happy.

One of my top 3 fav GnR tracks. And it's different than anything else in their catalog too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

If you have to come up with theories and assumptions to disprove A LOT of evidence that Axl doesn't have anything recorded after 2000, try the Occam Razor wikipedia page. It's not only unlikely, but also illogical. 

Remember when people said Slash and Duff didn't record anything after 2016 (or at least 2019-ish)? Well, that was wrong. 

I'm still not convinced we will have an album release. But I'm 100% sure they have an album. 

I would say exactly the opposite.

Outside of a handful of days in 2007, everything he does seems to be pulled from the 99/00 sessions.

If I would have typed last week that GNR will release a new single next week and it is Silkworms with 99 vocal, you'd have presumed I was trolling.

But they did it.  They actually released a new song and the vocal was taken from those sessions AGAIN.

And guess what?  If they release something else, it's gonna be Hard Skool with the vocal taken from those sessions.

That will probably be it - but there might be one more.  And guess what?  It will be Perhaps with the vocal taken from those sessions.

But yeah - some guy at a party said Axl told him about 100 Cuban Skies so there must be an albums worth of material.

Get real!  There is a slim chance he's contractually obligated to release a new album, in which case, I'll look forward to:

1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  2. Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  3. Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  4. Rock the Rock
  5. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  6. New Duff Song
  7. Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  8. The General (07 vocal)
  9. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  10. PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  11. Children of the Revolution (07 vocal)

Bonus tracks - Blood in the Water and This I Love remix

Edited by Pele

51 minutes ago, Pele said:

Outside of a handful of days in 2007, everything he does seems to be pulled from the 99/00 sessions.

If I would have typed last week that GNR will release a new single next week and it is Silkworms with 99 vocal, you'd have presumed I was trolling.

But they did it.  They actually released a new song and the vocal was taken from those sessions AGAIN.

Is the "absurd" from the chorus also from the 99/00 sessions? 

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Is the "absurd" from the chorus also from the 99/00 sessions? 

I'm not sure.  I think it's even funnier that there is a possibility he's recorded himself shouting 'Absurd!' once and asked Caram to paste it onto the song!

1 hour ago, Pele said:

And guess what?  If they release something else, it's gonna be Hard Skool with the vocal taken from those sessions.

That will probably be it - but there might be one more.  And guess what?  It will be Perhaps with the vocal taken from those sessions.

But yeah - some guy at a party said Axl told him about 100 Cuban Skies so there must be an albums worth of material.

Get real!  There is a slim chance he's contractually obligated to release a new album, in which case, I'll look forward to:

1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  2. Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  3. Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  4. Rock the Rock
  5. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  6. New Duff Song
  7. Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  8. The General (07 vocal)
  9. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  10. PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  11. Children of the Revolution (07 vocal)

Bonus tracks - Blood in the Water and This I Love remix

Would you rather have brand new vocals on the old songs? I would think he sounds worse now than he did in 1999-2000. 

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

I'm not sure.  I think it's even funnier that there is a possibility he's recorded himself shouting 'Absurd!' once and asked Caram to paste it onto the song!

But then your argument that he couldn't be bothered to record new vocals flies out the window. He did what was required to update the song, and possibly he has updated or replaced vocals on other songs too. 

1 minute ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Would you rather have brand new vocals on the old songs? I would think he sounds worse now than he did in 1999-2000. 

No 99 vocals will sound better for sure.

The point I'm making was he picked Silkworms because it was done and he didn't need to record vocals or write new lyrics.

He didn't pick Silkworms because it was a great song that co-incidentally didn't require any more work from his side because it was already perfect!

He just told Caram to send Silkworms to Slash and get him to put a solo on it.

Just now, Pele said:

No 99 vocals will sound better for sure.

The point I'm making was he picked Silkworms because it was done and he didn't need to record vocals or write new lyrics.

He didn't pick Silkworms because it was a great song that co-incidentally didn't require any more work from his side because it was already perfect!

He just told Caram to send Silkworms to Slash and get him to put a solo on it.

When he introduced the song to the crowd, he said it was absurd that they were doing this song.

Maybe it's not his idea to release this song. What if Slash & Duff actually pushed this one to be released? Slash is a damn freak, just look at his Instagram page. He probably loves the nasty lyrics in the song. Someone said Duff loves My World. If that's the case, it would not be shocking if he really likes Silkworms too. 

In any event, the bottom line is that it makes sense for them to work on releasing Chinese Leftovers before they mess around with brand new material. Record company spent a metric shit ton of money on the Chinese recording sessions. 

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

But then your argument that he couldn't be bothered to record new vocals flies out the window. He did what was required to update the song, and possibly he has updated or replaced vocals on other songs too. 

No it doesn't.

I'm saying he hasn't bothered to write lyrics to songs like D-Tune, Curly Shuffle, Circus Maximus, Prom Violence etc etc.  He hasn't bothered to finish Quick Song or State of Grace.

I think instead, he's shouted the word 'Absurd' once into a recorder at home and emailed it to Caram.

At what point will you accept that?

If the next song is Hard Skool, then Atlas, then Perhaps with the vocal from 99 (with maybe the tiniest of touch ups) will you maybe start accepting the possibility that might be it.  Or will you continue to believe he has written lyrics and recorded a batch of new songs?

For me - if they release State of Grace, or something like Oklahoma next, with vocals we haven't heard before I'll likely presume they are from 08, and accept that he may have recorded more than I thought.

If a full album follows, then obviously I'll have been proven completely wrong about it all.

8 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

When he introduced the song to the crowd, he said it was absurd that they were doing this song.

Maybe it's not his idea to release this song. What if Slash & Duff actually pushed this one to be released? Slash is a damn freak, just look at his Instagram page. He probably loves the nasty lyrics in the song. Someone said Duff loves My World. If that's the case, it would not be shocking if he really likes Silkworms too. 

In any event, the bottom line is that it makes sense for them to work on releasing Chinese Leftovers before they mess around with brand new material. Record company spent a metric shit ton of money on the Chinese recording sessions. 

I think they got their money back to an extent when they simply sold the record to Best Buy.  I don't think they expect further revenue from the instrumentals and unused stuff from that era.,

I said earlier - I fully believe as part of the guaranteed fee from Live Nation for the tour, he agreed to release a 'new' song online.  And he submitted Silkworms because his work was already done and he didn't need to write/record anything additional (maybe the agreement insisted on a newly recorded vocal, hence the one word shout of 'Absurd')

Maybe he's agreed 2, in which case the next one will be Hard Skool with the 99 vocal.

In the unlikely event he's agreed 3 or 4, the others will be Perhaps and Atlas (all with 99 vocal).

Or I'm completely wrong and there is a new album, with new vocals that we haven't heard before (which for some reason contains Silkworms with 99 vocal)

Edited by Pele

20 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I could see both Slash and Duff supporting the release of Absurd, absolutely. 

Duff probably likes it. 

Absurd has a very punky feel to it with a modern twist. 

He has very diverse taste and has also released some pretty experimental and questionable stuff in the past such as Fucked up Beyond Belief. 

The reason I'm so staunch in this belief is that for 22 years, I've used 'Silkworms' as the core of my belief that there was/is nowhere near as much material as they claimed.

I was around in 99 on GnrOnline with Xozi, Infamous and the others.

I'm an Axl Rose fan, not a GNR fan.  I've listed to (and not enjoyed) the solo albums from Slash/Duff/Izzy and I have no interest in them and their music careers.

I loved November Rain and Estranged.  I wanted more of those.  I was excited that Axl had broken away from the guys holding him back and was hoping for an album of epic ballads.  I couldn't wait to hear This I Love.

I remember the speculation that there were 70 songs.  I remember the Kerrang article, calling the album 2000 Intentions, listing songs like Cock-a-roach Soup and Zip It.  I remember the talk that 'There Was A Time' was the sequel to Estranged.  It was all exciting times!

Anyway, they play gigs and we hear the new songs.  Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese, Riad and Silkworms.

I love Maddy and The Blues.  Think Chinese is ok.  Think Riad is pretty poor and think Silkworms is an absolute joke.

From that moment on, I felt there wasn't anything near the amount of songs we were hoping for.

Fast forward to 08 and we get the album, which contains shockers such as Scraped and Riad, which strengthened that belief.

Then a few years back, we get updated leaks.  A DJ Ashba instrumental, a Tommy song, a This I Love remix and an  updated Silkworms!!!  I know at that point, there is unlikely to be anything in 'the vault' of significant value if that was being considered for a follow up.

Then we get the locker leaks.  And it was almost exactly as I thought.  Chinese Democracy plus a load of instrumentals without Axl.  The only surprise was they had 3 other songs that they could have used (Hard Skool, Perhaps, Atlas) and one really good song that was almost done (State of Grace).

Now I do appreciate that there could be another vault, but I'm certain there isn't.  I believe there are some 07 vocals out there, which were Better, Scraped, Shackers and maybe The General.

Fast forward to present day and its Silkworms yet again that re-confirms my belief that this guy has absolutely nothing of note in this locker.

I do not believe Seven, Berlin, Zodiac, PRL, Cuban Skies, Tonto, Soulmonster etc etc exist with recorded final vocal.

Edited by Pele

4 minutes ago, drlaban said:

Which year was the vocals for Shackler (the version on CD) recorded? 2004? 2007? They sound great, which cannot be said for all songs on CD.

It's alleged 2007, but don't know for definite.

Edit: Didn't someone say the lyrics were about a massacre of some sort that happened in '06/'07? That rings a bell.

Edited by Dean

I think the leaks influenced what songs were on CD in the first place. I'm sure there is more, to what extent and how much I don't know, but there will be more. Although I loved the leaks at the time they influenced the CD track list and further work.