Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?


Recommended Posts

Just now, Pele said:

You're right, I didn't know State of Grace or Perhaps existed.

I was fairly certain 'The Vault' consisted of Chinese Democracy, maybe 3-4 more songs, and a load of instrumental demos and I believe I was completely right about that.

It's funny though.  All these 'insiders' we've had over the years and not one of them mentioned State of Grace - or knew that Checkmate was actually called 'Hard Skool'.

The article from 2003 that claimed the follow up to Chinese Democracy is already recorded and will be called "PRL" is obviously very interesting 20 years later!

I wonder what PRL means.

Oh yes, "insiders" ... They've always been spot on :lol:

Do you have that article about PRL? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but haven't found the actual article - or at least information about the publication and the date - anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Axl has been working on the Chinese Democracy demos for the majority of his life. Releasing this material with Slash & Duff is not a sign of laziness. It's just a sign that he doesnt to waste those songs. He wants to release his music like any other musician. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh yes, "insiders" ... They've always been spot on :lol:

Do you have that article about PRL? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but haven't found the actual article - or at least information about the publication and the date - anywhere.

I don't have it but I read it recently.

It didn't really have much info.  It just said something like "not only have GNR finished their long awaited album Chinese Democracy, but they have recorded the follow up, which will be released the following year and called PRL"

It also said Chinese Democracy would have a song about child abuse, which is thought to be The General.

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Axl has been working on the Chinese Democracy demos for the majority of his life. Releasing this material with Slash & Duff is not a sign of laziness. It's just a sign that he doesnt to waste those songs. He wants to release his music like any other musician. 

I'd totally agree if it was a song like Berlin, or Zodiac with vocals.

Silkworms with original vocals makes me thing he just handed over something that required no more work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pele said:

I don't have it but I read it recently.

It didn't really have much info.  It just said something like "not only have GNR finished their long awaited album Chinese Democracy, but they have recorded the follow up, which will be released the following year and called PRL"

It also said Chinese Democracy would have a song about child abuse, which is thought to be The General.

What was the publication? A Brazilian outlet, I assume?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

 

And you think there will be less helium in his voice now? All evidence in live performance would suggest that the helium is worse now than it was 20 years ago. 

I'm hoping there was another vocal take he did some time after 99 and before 2017.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Noone here remember Axl interviewed at the Korn party around 06/07?

He said then that they had completed 28 of 32 songs, I believe he was referring them as complete including vocals.

There is a lot of stuff in the vault

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, betterman said:

Noone here remember Axl interviewed at the Korn party around 06/07?

He said then that they had completed 28 of 32 songs, I believe he was referring them as complete including vocals.

There is a lot of stuff in the vault

32 Songs minus 14 Songs from Chinese Democracy would still make 18 songs for a new album. 

Good to hear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm hoping there was another vocal take he did some time after 99 and before 2017.

 

2010 would be your best chance for that. He somehow dredged up his 1991 raspy voice, even on stuff like You Could Be Mine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Why does Slash recording a solo over Silkworms make it more likely Axl Rose has written and recorded an albums worth of new material.

Of course he hasn't.

Well I mean believe whatever you like but we've heard a lot of music that had finished or near finished vocals, and we've heard about gnr and Axl recording a lot between 00-2012. I have no doubt that he at the minimum has 10 songs he could release tomorrow. It's incredibly unlikely Atlas, Perhaps, hardschool and state of Grace are the only songs outside of the original Chinese album that he cut vocals for. Unlikely but who knows!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, betterman said:

Noone here remember Axl interviewed at the Korn party around 06/07?

He said then that they had completed 28 of 32 songs, I believe he was referring them as complete including vocals.

There is a lot of stuff in the vault

No I remember that.

I think he was lying.

I think he had about 32 demos, almost one of which complete.

I'm sure someone made a comprehensive list based on the Village Tapes - and counted every instrumental like Curly Shuffle and D-Tune etc and got to 32!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pele said:

No I remember that.

I think he was lying.

I think he had about 32 demos, almost one of which complete.

I'm sure someone made a comprehensive list based on the Village Tapes - and counted every instrumental like Curly Shuffle and D-Tune etc and got to 32!

Yes its of course likely that these songs were worked on further and then completed in 06/07

D tune is fantastic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, betterman said:

Exactly - another article saying they have a load of songs but only mentioning 2 from the 99/00 sessions (Going Down/Atlas)

Pretty much everything comes from those.

3 minutes ago, betterman said:

Yes its of course likely that these songs were worked on further and then completed in 06/07

D tune is fantastic

I think it's far more likely they were left untouched.

Hence him having to release Silkworms rather than actually write/sing new stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

No I remember that.

I think he was lying.

I think he had about 32 demos, almost one of which complete.

I'm sure someone made a comprehensive list based on the Village Tapes - and counted every instrumental like Curly Shuffle and D-Tune etc and got to 32!

We just heard the demos from 1999 and 2001 because of an accident. Nothing since then is available. Which means that Axl could have completed those unfinished demos until 2006/07.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Pele said:

Exactly - another article saying they have a load of songs but only mentioning 2 from the 99/00 sessions (Going Down/Atlas)

Pretty much everything comes from those.

I think it's far more likely they were left untouched.

Hence him having to release Silkworms rather than actually write/sing new stuff.

As crazy as it sounds, I think Axl just really likes Silkworms. It was one of the first new songs he debuted with NuGNR and the first new song he debuted with the reunion lineup when they could’ve done Hardschool instead.

Edited by LlamaRenegade
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sosso said:

We just heard the demos from 1999 and 2001 because of an accident. Nothing since then is available. Which means that Axl could have completed those unfinished demos until 2006/07.

I think we heard those demos because that's pretty much all that was recorded.

 

Edited by Pele
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

I think we heard those demos because that's pretty much all that was recorded.

 

That's your assumption and nothing based on facts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

That's your assumption and nothing based on facts. 

I know.

1 album in 25 years, with a brand new single coming straight from those famous sessions concludes it for me.

Time will tell.

Either you'll be right and there will be a load of new songs with full vocal, or I'll be right and we'll get HardSkool with 99 vocal and a Slash solo pasted on if we are lucky and little else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I know.

1 album in 25 years, with a brand new single coming straight from those famous sessions concludes it for me.

Time will tell.

Either you'll be right and there will be a load of new songs with full vocal, or I'll be right and we'll get HardSkool with 99 vocal and a Slash solo pasted on if we are lucky and little else.

Again, I'm pretty sure that we will get both. CDII material AND new songs. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Again, I'm pretty sure that we will get both. CDII material AND new songs. 

 

Honestly, I hope you're right and we get plenty of new material.

I think we'll get Atlas Shrugged 99 vocal lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I certainly hope any new album has some new tracks that aren't CD leftovers. As much as I'm enjoying Absurd, I want to hear a modern GNR song where Slash and Duff have actual input on the songwriting. 

Same, and I think we'll get it too.

10 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Then again, considering Slash's affinity to all things weird and Duff being Punk as Fuck™, they too might have gotten a big kick out of releasing such a non-Gn'R -sounding song as the first "new" song by the reunion lineup :shrugs:

For sure

7 hours ago, Sosso said:

I saw the live footage and you can't tell me that Slash wasn't excited about playing the song. 

It's like his imagination described in a song :lol: But I think he really digs those guitar parts too.

I was listening to some of those demo/leaks just now and some of them would make really cool EDM songs. Maybe he should've explored being a DJ for a little while. But if they updated the production to today's standards a few of those songs would fit right in with current electronic music. Some new modern rock is incorporating EDM elements now too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pele said:

You're right, I didn't know State of Grace or Perhaps existed.

I was fairly certain 'The Vault' consisted of Chinese Democracy, maybe 3-4 more songs, and a load of instrumental demos and I believe I was completely right about that.

It's funny though.  All these 'insiders' we've had over the years and not one of them mentioned State of Grace - or knew that Checkmate was actually called 'Hard Skool'.

The article from 2003 that claimed the follow up to Chinese Democracy is already recorded and will be called "PRL" is obviously very interesting 20 years later!

I wonder what PRL means.

Laughable "I knew all along" is easy to say after we all heard the village leaks. Maybe there is only 4 songs with vocals with the rest being instrumental... But you seem to forget Axl has a studio in his house, what is the liklihood of Axl working on backing tracks for the past 20yrs and never even recording a basic vocal over at least a few. You also forget that several people have talked about other songs they've heard that were what Axl considered finished... The general is a title that was mentioned for one, already we're up to 5 songs. If he decided and was motivated he could write and record vocals in a short space of time like he did in the early 00s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • janrichmond changed the title to The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?
  • alfierose pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...