The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

It’s possible they just release individual songs over a period of time. So you could have something like 12 songs released in a staggered fashion across 2-3 years. 

I don't think that's very likely, but it's not entirely improbable at this point.

I remember that Slash comment that was laughed at about them trying to figure out how to release what they had. Well, maybe it was sincere.

• Like 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

I don't think that's very likely, but it's not entirely improbable at this point.

I remember that Slash comment that was laughed at about them trying to figure out how to release what they had. Well, maybe it was sincere.

I just think the concept of albums is very outdated at this point. Release a song every 2-3 months and you eventually have a full album of material released after 2-3 years. Each song would get proper attention instead of being buried in a group of songs on an album. Each song provides a new boost to the touring machine. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think Slash knew that Rose was done with his bits, and that any new album was coming from existing sessions - hence giving vague answers about not knowing if/how they were gonna do things.

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Why does it have to be either? Could be they just went ‘fuck it’ and fired it out as they had fun with it? Just because it’s a divisive tune means nothing to them if they get a kick out of playing it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Considering Axl's comment at a concert in Boston that "you've heard it before" and that "they don't know yet it's a joke" - it's very possible.

14 minutes ago, Pele said:

Ok, so I'm assuming you think a new album might look as follows:

1. Thyme (atmospheric orchestral opening, straight into.....)
  2. PRL (nine inch nails meets led zep, with full rasp vocals and cool slash solo)
  3. Berlin (moving song with poignant lyrics about the Oklahoma bombing)
  4. The General (full orchestra, emotional song about Axl's childhood)
  5. Zodiac 13 (thrilling song about the mysterious killer with great vocal)
  6. Brand new blues rocker written by Slash/Axl
  7. Elvis and the SoulMonster (the craziest vocal Axl has ever done)
  8. Absurd (1999 Silkworms - doesn't really fit but whatever, everything else is great)
  9. Seven (absolute masterpiece with Marco Beltrami strings complimenting some Nov. Rain style solos)
  10. 100 Cuban Skies (glorious Axl ballad about his love for Cuban Cigars
  11. Duff punk song (this ones for Johnny!)
  12. Quick Song (delighted he finally finished those vocals - what a song!)
  13. State of Grace (beautiful re-record, he annunciated the words perfectly and hits those high notes)
  14. Prom Violece (this is it!!!  the ending to the 'triilogy')

I think it's this (if it ever happens)

1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  2. Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  3. Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  4. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  5. New Duff Song
  6. Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  7. The General (07 vocal)
  8. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  9. PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  10. Duff punk song (this ones for Johnny!)
  11. Children of the Revolution (07 vocal)
  12. Oh My God (99 Vocal)

Bonus tracks - Blood in the Water, Rock the Rock and This I Love remix

Am I the only one who hasn't heard any of those (leaks?) ?:ph34r:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pele said:

Ok, so I'm assuming you think a new album might look as follows

I haven't really given much thought to the proportion of old vocals will be on the songs of the assumed new album, and it is really irrelevant to our discussion. But since you ask, I assume any good vocal takes that exist from before, will be kept. That does not mean that most songs will have vocals dating back to 2000 or before (because I don't think they had enough songs finished back then), there is likely to be songs with vocals from after this (since we know he laid down vocals after these sessions) like from 2006/2007, and maybe, just maybe, there will even be vocals recorded in recent years. So if I were to guess, a mix of tracks with really old vocals (like Atlas) and just quite old vocals (like The General) and possibly some songs with newer vocals. 

3 minutes ago, betterman said:

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/guns_n_roses_finished_sequel_to_chinese_democracy_new_remix_album_axl_rose_says 

Straight from Roses mouth: Follow-up to CD II was finished/recorded by 2014. I guess label wanted reunion and blocked the release 

Yeah we all know he's said these things.  Unfortunately, the things he says he's going to do and the things he actually does are polar opposite.

"We recorded a lot of things before Chinese was out," Rose revealed.

Yes, they recorded several instrumental demos and 4-5 additional songs.

"We've worked more on some of those things and we've written a few new things.

DJ Ashba submitted Ballad of Death while Rose got them to re-work Silkworms

But basically, we have what I call kind of the second half of Chinese. That's already recorded. 

I've already listed what that likely looks like.

Edited by Pele

3 minutes ago, betterman said:

I think its fully recorded, there have been several sources claiming this.

Does anyone have the rumored tracklisting (may be fake)? There was a picture floating aroundcsome years ago.

I remember Silkworms was on it 

This is the most likely rumored tracklist:

1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  4. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  5. New Duff Song
  8. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  12. Oh My God (99 Vocal)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

This is the most likely rumored tracklist:

1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  4. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  5. New Duff Song
  8. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  12. Oh My God (99 Vocal)

"Rumoured" (and what's the source of the rumour) or just pulled out of your head?

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

Pulled out of my head.  I'm the source.

Bookmark it.

Okay, maybe I will.

But you forgot the McDaddy song. It doesn't need new vocals. Or maybe they'll merge the chorus of it and Nothing into one song :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

Okay, maybe I will.

But you forgot the McDaddy song. It doesn't need new vocals. Or maybe they'll merge the chorus of it and Nothing into one song :lol:

#JusticeforMacDaddy

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Okay, maybe I will.

Yeah.  I also forgot to add that Going Down also contains a rap by Shaquille O'Neill

55 minutes ago, Politania said:

Considering Axl's comment at a concert in Boston that "you've heard it before" and that "they don't know yet it's a joke" - it's very possible.

Am I the only one who hasn't heard any of those (leaks?) ?:ph34r:

I didn't listen to the leaks.  I'm a paranoid person and didn't want TB haunting me

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

This is ridiculous but I must admit it gave me a big laugh when I read PRL instrumental and KOHD. 

You forgot Oh My God (99 vocal) BTW.

Hilariously, I've just found a document from 2008 which listed a suggested track-list for the follow up album and Knocking on Heavens Door is on it!

Perhaps and Tonto are listed so there was some credibility to the list.

And believe it or not, the list was very close to my proposed tracklist:

• Cuban Skies
  • The General MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Atlas Shrugged MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Silkworms MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Thyme MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • This I Love v2 MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Going Down MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Tonto
  • Monstrosity
  • JChan MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Perhaps MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Oh My God MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Knockin' on Heaven's Door(?) UNBELIEVABLY MENTIONED IN MY LIST
  • Light My Fire I MENTIONED THIS AS A POSSIBILITY

So if that is to be believed, we've got Cuban Skies, Tonto and Monstrosity to look forward to (I'd bet they were never finished).

The inclusion of Tonto, Perhaps and This I Love v2 gives this list A LOT of credibility.   It was also the first mention of Going Down.

Tonto and Perhaps went on to appear on the Village Leaks and outside of this list, were not rumored titles.  This I Love v2 leaked. 

J Chan is worrying as you'd expect it to have been HardSkool as per village disks, but Rose called it Jackie Chan in the chats so maybe?

It also mentioned alternate versions of Better (which became Better Gone), ChiDem and Catcher.

Document dated Jan 24 2008, and released publicly in 2011.

Strangely, Richard Fortus had an instrumental demo on his website called Tonto but it appears to be a different song.

I've also seen it stated that Dummy became Cuban Skies - I'll try and find out more about that.

Edited by Pele

On 8/7/2021 at 6:06 PM, DTJ80 said:

What/Who is WFA?

State of Grace doesn’t really fit the profile of The General (insomuch as what we know about it’s subject matter Etc).

Ok - update on this.

I now know of 3 'insiders' who say State of Grace is The General.  And they are prepared to bet money with anyone who says otherwise (money in escrow should give an idea on who one of these is).

Now I'm as skeptical of an 'insider' as anyone, however they have certain reputations that they like to keep in tact, so they are often vague and talk in riddles.  All 3 categorically state State of Grace is The General .

The fact that The General appears on my list above (and not State of Grace) is interesting, as SOG was nearly finished.

The fact that State of Grace appears on Village Sessions (and not The General) is interesting, as nearly every song came from those demos*.

It certainly doesn't fit what we were led to believe about The General (child abuse theme) or seem to be the same song that was played at the listening party - but maybe that was something completely different.  

* The other songs we know about that aren't on Village Sessions are Seven and Cuban Skies.  I've seen it said that Cuban Skies is Dummy and Seven is Circus Maximus.

8 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I could easily Name those Insiders 

Pele 

Pele 

Pele 

Haha come on - I think a lot of readers know who I mean.  There was a fairly big giveaway with the money in escrow clue.

20 minutes ago, Pele said:

Ok - update on this.

I now know of 3 'insiders' who say State of Grace is The General.  And they are prepared to bet money with anyone who says otherwise (money in escrow should give an idea on who one of these is).

Now I'm as skeptical of an 'insider' as anyone, however they have certain reputations that they like to keep in tact, so they are often vague and talk in riddles.  All 3 categorically state State of Grace is The General .

The fact that The General appears on my list above (and not State of Grace) is interesting, as SOG was nearly finished.

The fact that State of Grace appears on Village Sessions (and not The General) is interesting, as nearly every song came from those demos*.

It certainly doesn't fit what we were led to believe about The General (child abuse theme) or seem to be the same song that was played at the listening party - but maybe that was something completely different.  

* The other songs we know about that aren't on Village Sessions are Seven and Cuban Skies.  I've seen it said that Cuban Skies is Dummy and Seven is Circus Maximus.

It would have been much easier for you if, instead of "insiders",  you went by evidence combined with official and reliable sources.

Let's see: The vocals in the Village demos were recorded during Sean Beavan's tenure - the same vocals, without the overdubs, that were used in the final versions of the songs that ended up on CD.  Moreover, the date of State of Grace in the Village discs is 3/27/2000 (among the mixes of the earliest bunch), which is additional evidence that the song originates from the Beavan sessions.

Sean Beavan has been asked about the songs he worked on and  the General specifically, and said that the General wasn't among the songs he had worked on and that he knows that it was written later.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It would have been much easier for if you went evidence combined with official and reliable sources instead of "insiders".

Let's see: The vocals in the Village demos were recorded during Sean Beavan's tenure - the same vocals, without the overdubs, that were used in the final versions of the songs that ended up on CD.  Moreover, the date of State of Grace in the Village discs is 3/27/2000 (among the mixes of the earliest bunch), which is additional evidence that the song originates from the Beavan sessions.

Sean Beavan has been asked about the songs he worked on and  the General specifically, and said that the General wasn't among the songs he had worked on and that he knows that it was written later.

I have absolutely no evidence.

The guy who leaked several CD songs, told us about Tonto, Going Down & Perhaps 10 years ago, leaked TIL remix, leaked Better Gone, leaked Going Down, and appears to have received hundreds of classified documents etc etc says that State of Grace is The General.

One of the 2 people in attendance when the Locker Disks changed hands says State of Grace is The General.

I was under the impression The General was about child abuse.  The mix Evader made seems to be a different song that State of Grace.

Edited by Pele

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

I have absolutely no evidence.

The guy who leaked several CD songs, told us about Tonto, Going Down & Perhaps 10 years ago, leaked TIL remix, leaked Better Gone, leaked Going Down etc etc says that State of Grace is The General.

One of the 2 people in attendance when the Locker Disks changed hands says State of Grace is The General.

I was under the impression The General was about child abuse.  The mix Evader made seems to be a different song that State of Grace.

Had that guy talked about Perhaps? Because I hadn't seen that name mentioned among the "known" song titles before the Village leaks. Also wasn't that guy saying that Tonto and Dummy were the same (which was proven wrong), or I'm mistaken?