The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just now, sofine11 said:

This. If/when we get Hard Skool released as a single, my expectations are going to come to screeching halt there.

I find it so strange that releasing Silkworms has led so many on here to believe an album is coming - when it's a blatant, blatant sign that he's done absolutely nothing.

I've called it all along in this thread.

He has 3 songs left with completed vocals.  Perhaps, Atlas and HardSkool.  He'll slowly release these one by one and people will still think he's holding back the big guns!!

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I find it so strange that releasing Silkworms has led so many on here to believe an album is coming - when it's a blatant, blatant sign that he's done absolutely nothing.

He has 3 songs left with completed vocals.  Perhaps, Atlas and HardSkool.  He'll slowly release these one by one and people will still think he's holding back the big guns!!

Don’t forget State of Grace. I’m telling you those vocals are done intentionally and won’t be changed (in a similar vein to ‘I don’t vant to do eet’)

I actually think releasing one song at a time through gradual live debuts, followed by a midnight single, would actually generate a surprising amount of buzz for the album. Eventually, just one single after another, would lead to media outlets asking 'what are they doing?' and the hype would grow. 

3 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Don’t forget State of Grace. I’m telling you those vocals are done intentionally and won’t be changed (in a similar vein to ‘I don’t vant to do eet’)

I'd disagree.  I don't think they could use them.

The only other could maybe be The General.  We know vocals are done, we just don't know if that are finished.

At this point, you wouldn't put it past him to recycle Oh My God (99 vocal of course) again.

2 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I actually think releasing one song at a time through gradual live debuts, followed by a midnight single, would actually generate a surprising amount of buzz for the album. Eventually, just one single after another, would lead to media outlets asking 'what are they doing?' and the hype would grow. 

Yeah maybe.  Shame the well dries up after the 3 songs they have left lol

Edited by Pele

27 minutes ago, Pele said:

If by some MIRACLE an album is announced, I really think it's going to essentially be Chinese Democracy II with Slash & Duff.  Personally, that'd be like Christmas morning to me, but others I'm sure will use it as a means to attack the band.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If by some MIRACLE an album is announced, I really think it's going to essentially be Chinese Democracy II with Slash & Duff.  Personally, that'd be like Christmas morning to me, but others I'm sure will use it as a means to attack the band.

I think it's this (if it ever happens)

• HardSkool (99 vocal)
  • Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  • Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  • Silkworms (99 vocal)
  • New Duff Song
  • Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  • The General (07 vocal)
  • Perhaps (99 vocal)
  • PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  • Duff punk song (this ones for Johnny!)
  • Children of the Revolution (07 vocal)
  • Oh My God (99 Vocal)

Bonus tracks - Blood in the Water, Rock the Rock and This I Love remix

21 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

What I've been thinking since the first time I heard State Of Grace is that the melody for the "oh my love" part sounds very similar to the orchestral bit from The General used as a show intro around 2010.

We also know that The General was brought to the table by Brain after the village sessions. 

Educated guess: that bit of State Of Grace might have been reworked to fit the song brought by Brain (ie The General).

Yes, the shouting/screaming vocals in SOG and the clip we heard from the Vienna aftershow party are similar 

36 minutes ago, Pele said:

So sure are you?

The General and Soul Monster are confirmed to have vocals.

There's more, so much more. 

A few people reading this know, but they are not about to face the wrath of TB for proving it. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

So sure are you?

A few people reading this know, but they are not about to face the wrath of TB for proving it. ;)

From everything I have read and learned there should be at least an album and a half's worth of actual songs with vocals. Tommy confirmed as much in some interview. 

There could be more by now. He has been in a studio to record vocals within the past few years. No reason he can't have done more for GN'R stuff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Axl S said:

From everything I have read and learned there should be at least an album and a half's worth of actual songs with vocals. Tommy confirmed as much in some interview. 

There could be more by now. He has been in a studio to record vocals within the past few years. No reason he can't have done more for GN'R stuff.

I couldn't agree more.

5 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

WTF?! Do you think CD is better than AFD or UYI?

That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but yes, CD happens to be my favorite GN'R record so far.

24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

So sure are you?

There is a song out there which could be The General which was played at a party that appeared to have finished vocals.

No evidence Soul Monster does.

From info I have, the proposed CD2 track-list was basically the track-list I've been assuming plus Tonto, Monstrosity and 100 Cuban Skies - but we don't know if those 3 were ever completed.

Just now, Pele said:

There is a song out there which could be The General which was played at a party that appeared to have finished vocals.

From info I have, the proposed CD2 track-list was basically the track-list I've been assuming plus Tonto, Monstrosity and 100 Cuban Skies - but we don't know if those 3 were ever completed.

Axl confirmed RE Soul Monster.

The gentleman on the Steve Hoffman forum confirmed hearing a song called "100 Cuban Skies", granted not an official source, but I would assume that was completed also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Axl said he recorded the vocals for Soul Monster on a Christmas Eve. I highly doubt that since then, a rough mix (at the very least) doesn't exist for that song with his vocals.

• ABSUЯD 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Axl said he recorded the vocals for Soul Monster on a Christmas Eve. I highly doubt that since then, a rough mix (at the very least) doesn't exist for that song with his vocals.

gunns1: Hey Axl , whats your favourite song from either Chinese Democracy, or from an unreleased album?

Axl:The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

I think it's r most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward. (Axl Rose , Here Today... Gone to Hell Forum, Dec. 2008)

:heart:

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

Axl confirmed RE Soul Monster.

The gentleman on the Steve Hoffman forum confirmed hearing a song called "100 Cuban Skies", granted not an official source, but I would assume that was completed also.

He said he sang Soul Monster on a Christmas Eve.  There is no indication as to what state those vocals are in.  He could have sang parts of it like he sung Quick Song.  He could have sung a chorus whilst the verses were TBC.

The guy on the Steve Hoffman forum didn't hear it.  He asked Axl if there were any songs that didn't make the record and he said '100 Cuban Skies'.

Remember Axl says a lot of things.....

Also a reminder to take everything within this community with a pinch of salt unless it comes direct from the horses mouth - that's not the mouth of known hoarders/leakers/"reliable sources".

If said sources told me that The General and State of Grace are the same song, I'd take it with a pinch of salt considering they also said that Perhaps was the third Brian May song recorded during the Chinese sessions, when in actual fact, it was Riad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Hard to say.  

My guess - at best, he sang a chorus with the intention to write/record some verses.  At worst, he just wailed like Quick Song or sang nonsense like 'Nothing'.

He could have recorded a full song of course.  I just don't think he did.

1 minute ago, Dean said:

Also a reminder to take everything within this community with a pinch of salt unless it comes direct from the horses mouth - that's not the mouth of known hoarders/leakers/"reliable sources".

If said sources told me that The General and State of Grace are the same song, I'd take it with a pinch of salt considering they also said that Perhaps was the third Brian May song recorded during the Chinese sessions, when in actual fact, it was Riad.

I'd say the absolute opposite.

The horses mouth said they were going to release 3 albums and they just didn't.

That 'insider' has released much, much more GNR music and information than Axl Rose over the last decade.

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That wasn't the point I was trying to make, but yes, CD happens to be my favorite GN'R record so far.

Fair play to you pal. I highly doubt I'd even like GNR if Chinese Democracy was my intro to the band and the 80s/90s era never existed. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

He said he sang Soul Monster on a Christmas Eve.  There is no indication as to what state those vocals are in.  He could have sang parts of it like he sung Quick Song.  He could have sung a chorus whilst the verses were TBC.

The guy on the Steve Hoffman forum didn't hear it.  He asked Axl if there were any songs that didn't make the record and he said '100 Cuban Skies'.

Remember Axl says a lot of things.....

Naa, he met him in '03 and Axl took him to his car to play him some tunes. 

Yeah one called 100 Cuban Skies about cigars... weird right? Showed me about 8 demos in his Ferrari - what a strange night - told me all about Rhiad and the Bedouins and what it was about... we talked about Izzy and his work ethic, Slash, Shannon Hoon... he was by himself and two buddies and I sat at his table at a bar called Sharkeys... the reason he invited us to sit with him is because I had heard The Blues (street of dreams) on a rock in rio 2002 bootleg - I asked about it and he was impressed I knew it

Hiya,

I was just wondering what 100 Cuban Skies sounded like. Any descriptions. Was it a rocker or a ballad, and did Axl say anything else about it

That one he showed me the intro which was Spanish guitar acoustic vibe...

Edited by Dean

1 hour ago, Pele said:

I don't think it'a a coincidence that despite people thinking there may be hundreds of additional disks, the new single has a vocal taken from the disks we've heard.

And I'm pretty certain that despite people thinking there may be hundreds more songs, the next single after Silkworms will have a vocal taken from the disks we've heard.

That's basically your only Argument and not even a good one, IMO. 

We've heard the leaks from 1999 to 2001. We have NOTHING else past that date but the official album. 

Which means that Axl could have added vocals to Oklahoma in his home studio and we wouldnt even know about it. It's the same Situation with all the other songs from the Village session. 

1 hour ago, Pele said:

I'd disagree.  I don't think they could use them.

I’d be willing to make a gentleman’s bet that should SOG ever officially come out it uses the same vocal track (the furthest I would be willing to go is to say he may add some additional overdubs similar to SOD or Riad)

Just now, Sosso said:

That's basically your only Argument and not even a good one, IMO. 

We've heard the leaks from 1999 to 2001. We have NOTHING else past that date but the official album. 

Which means that Axl could have added vocals to Oklahoma in his home studio and we wouldnt even know about it. It's the same Situation with all the other songs from the Village session. 

To be honest I agree with @Pele here because everything released so far suggests that. Not saying it isn’t possible but track record suggests one-and-done vocal tracks.