The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

Not defending him, but I think this document had been posted before the leaks. 

I am no insider myself, but I know for a fact that Going Down was a song title with Tommy vocals before the leaks and before the 2011 setlist was posted. Mostly because TB (not exactly Fernando, but some lesser known members) were totally ok with walking around with iPods full of unreleased GNR tracks and showing it to people just to brag about it. Sadly, back then I didn't hear anything.

Surely those stuff were passed to some US fans. When I saw this document, I tried to reach out this guy to see if he knew something more about it. Didn't get anything, then tried to reach out some other guy (who had tricked some Portuguese fans who had CD demos and leaked that 2007 batch of CD, Madagascar and The Blues). He didn't knew either. Now I feel stupid for doing that, but I was really curious about it and didn't thought it was a big deal since I wasn't talking about leaking songs, but rather trying to get information. 

Thanks.

Is that the same document that allegedly had Perhaps in it? Because I thought the title Perhaps wasn't known to the fanbase before the leaks. At least as long as I was on the forums before the leaks - not really long - I never came across it as one of the rumoured song titles, whereas I think I remember reading about Going Down with Tommy.

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The "the" is from google translate. The original spanish of what she wrote just says "e parte do cd". I'm no spanish speaker but I fail to see anything that would mean "part of the cd" instead of "part of cd".

It's Portuguese, not Spanish.

She says it's part of the album - old people like myself doesn't use the word "album" that much, we still say "cd" or just "disc". It's funny, but it's real haha.  

1 hour ago, SeBaZ said:

DQht8pe.jpg

The guy says Absurd is "very bad" and it disrespected the fans. 

Beta then answer: "Too bad that you felt disrespected. I guarantee you 100% that this wasn't the intention; but nevertheless, this song is part of the cd [disc/album]. Enjoy your day"

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks.

Is that the same document that allegedly had Perhaps in it? Because I thought the title Perhaps wasn't known to the fanbase before the leaks. At least as long as I was on the forums before the leaks - not really long - I never came across it as one of the rumoured song titles, whereas I think I remember reading about Going Down with Tommy.

I can't say for sure that I remember about Perhaps, but I do remember the tracklist being out there before the leaks. 

Edit: From this http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=12376, Perhaps wasn't actually on that list, though:

MSL also mentions a bunch of Guns N' Roses unreleased song titles, as ‘Atlas’, ‘Cuban Skies’, ‘Jackie Chan’, ‘Going Down’, ‘Light My Fire’, ‘Silkworms’, ‘The General’, ‘The Monster’, ‘Time’, ‘Soul Monster’, ‘Tonto’, which are supposed to be on a chinese server.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It's Portuguese, not Spanish.

She says it's part of the album - old people like myself doesn't use the word "album" that much, we still say "cd" or just "disc". It's funny, but it's real haha.  

The guy says Absurd is "very bad" and it disrespected the fans. 

Beta then answer: "Too bad that you felt disrespected. I guarantee you 100% that this wasn't the intention; but nevertheless, this song is part of the cd [disc/album]. Enjoy your day"

That's right, I speak Portuguese and that's what she meant, she was talking about the new album, not about Chinese Democracy.

Whether she's telling the truth or not...only she knows! 

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Imagine if the new album was just a remix of Chinese Democracy... with Slash replacing all the original speed note noodling from the first album! But better yet, the bonus disc is the 1999 AFD re-recording... with Slash and Duff replacing their own re-recorded parts! Fuck me, it's a ridiculous comment, but scarily not even the most crazy from this forum today! :P 

Haha that would be hilarious. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

An album of Tonto, The General, Hard Skool, Oklahoma, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Perhaps, Absurd, Atlas Shrugged, State of Grace, and a few new/abandoned 90s songs could be sweet

jack-nicholson-the-shining.gif

Jack approves of this post

• Haha 2

Should someone just respond to Beta in a comment and just ask when the album would be released? She seems responsive with fans and like the band is trying to even be a bit better with communication, it might be worth a shot. Even if it’s like 1% chance of responding could pay off huge

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dean said:

It could have been a possibility with the old band, but I can't see it happening now that Slash and Duff are back involved. Stranger things have happened though, I suppose. I loved the versions of KOHD from 2001/07. Tremendous. That band done a great rendition of it.

For the record, Fernando mentioned on Reddit last year that Axl has continued to write and record music since the release of Chinese, his reputation is in tatters around this place but make of that what you will!

It's a possibility with any line-up.  Rose has re-recorded the vocals already, he'll happily give it to Caram to paste the current members contributions over.  It's probably been done with every line-up change.

Fernando did say that, but he's not going to admit to a lack of work ethic from his boss.