The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

42 minutes ago, drlaban said:

I say the September to November span. But that's only hopeful wishing.

November is a popular month for GN'R to release new music 

11/02/1999: Oh My God 

11/23/1999: Live Era 

11/23/2008: Chinese Democracy 

11/26/2022*: New album??? 

_________

*November 26 is a Friday 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

You're assuming these are placeholder vocals/lyrics. My whole point is it is an artistic choice - again I'll refer to the "I don't vant to do eet" part of Sorry which he explicitly mentioned in the chats as being intentional.

Yeah, but that was clearly intentional.

This isn't artistic choice.  This is clearly a singer singing an early demo where the words haven't been 100% finished yet.

As lazy as Rose is, he isn't going to put those vocals out.  He'll likely just can the song.

5 hours ago, janrichmond said:

These 'insiders' are talking bollocks, they have no sources. They are trolls at best. The fat one is about as far removed from any actual truth about the band as anyone of us.

Step away from fake insiders and carry on your previous hunt for WC. Your new obsession is pointless.

I've not claimed to be an insider.

Listen - I'm not fan of 'the fat one' but he's released more GNR music that Axl Rose in the last 10 years.  The hundreds of documents existed so he has a fairly decent 'grasp' on certain truth (or at least truths at the time).  

He mentioned songs in 2011 that were never discussed previously which actually turned up on the locker leaks years later.

He released Going Down, TIL remix, Ballad of Death, Better Gone etc.  He released various songs from Chinese Democracy.

To say he is as far removed from the truth as anyone is simply wrong.  He knows far more than you or I.

The hunt for WC is over.  It's worth pointing out that without my work, the fanbase would still think that was all the work of a crazy female childminder from Florida, and said person would be getting the blame for the takedowns and still being harassed at her home and place of work.

But let's not discuss banned members.

14 minutes ago, Sosso said:

November is a popular month for GN'R to release new music 

11/02/1999: Oh My God 

11/23/1999: Live Era 

11/23/2008: Chinese Democracy 

11/26/2022*: New album??? 

_________

*November 26 is a Friday 

We're all talking about a new record and maybe the new release is not a studio but a live album from the NITL tour...

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks.

Is that the same document that allegedly had Perhaps in it? Because I thought the title Perhaps wasn't known to the fanbase before the leaks. At least as long as I was on the forums before the leaks - not really long - I never came across it as one of the rumoured song titles, whereas I think I remember reading about Going Down with Tommy.

It had Perhaps, Going Down and Tonto.  It also mentioned new versions of Better and This I Love (both of which happened).

Say what you want about 'fake insiders' (of which there are many), there was a doc out there which was a screenshot of a message titled CD2 and iy contained Tonto, Perhaps and Going Down before any of us knew.  These songs cant to light years later.

The doc also (rather unbelievably) listed Knockin on Heavens Door.  And guess what - years later, we find out that has been recorded with the Chinese Democracy sessions back in 00.

So all the people saying I'm crazy that I think KOHD is on the new album - I think it would be crazy and a massive letdown, but I wouldn't put it past him.  It was definitely recorded and according to the document, was in consideration.

If he's finished a bunch of those instrumentals and recorded a bunch of new songs, then it probably wont be on any forthcoming album.

If he's done next to nothing, and needs to YET AGAIN pull from the 99 sessions, then it might.

The fact that the new single (Silkworms) and probably the next (HardSkool) suggest the latter.  Not prove, simply suggest.

What about this crazy theory: 

Slash and Duff wants to record new album with Axl. Axl says that he allready have material that he has worked on for twenty years. 

Duff and Slash agrees on recording new versions of the songs, but only if Axl wil record an album with their own songs as well.

We get the rerecorded album this fall, then Slash solo album and the real comeback album of GNR to coincide with European tour..

Its obviously just a fan dream, but...

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

An album of Tonto, The General, Hard Skool, Oklahoma, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Perhaps, Absurd, Atlas Shrugged, State of Grace, and a few new/abandoned 90s songs could be sweet

I would love that.

2 minutes ago, betterman said:

What about this crazy theory: 

Slash and Duff wants to record new album with Axl. Axl says that he allready have material that he has worked on for twenty years. 

Duff and Slash agrees on recording new versions of the songs, but only if Axl wil record an album with their own songs as well.

We get the rerecorded album this fall, then Slash solo album and the real comeback album of GNR to coincide with European tour..

Its obviously just a fan dream, but...

If that is the agreement, I could very much see how that would pan out.

They would record the songs we all know (Atlas, HardSkool, Perhaps, General and various other songs/covers he's done)

Then he would disappear when it came to writing lyrics and recording their songs.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pele said:

It had Perhaps, Going Down and Tonto.  It also mentioned new versions of Better and This I Love (both of which happened).

Say what you want about 'fake insiders' (of which there are many), there was a doc out there which was a screenshot of a message titled CD2 and iy contained Tonto, Perhaps and Going Down before any of us knew.  These songs cant to light years later.

The doc also (rather unbelievably) listed Knockin on Heavens Door.  And guess what - years later, we find out that has been recorded with the Chinese Democracy sessions back in 00.

So all the people saying I'm crazy that I think KOHD is on the new album - I think it would be crazy and a massive letdown, but I wouldn't put it past him.  It was definitely recorded and according to the document, was in consideration.

If he's finished a bunch of those instrumentals and recorded a bunch of new songs, then it probably wont be on any forthcoming album.

If he's done next to nothing, and needs to YET AGAIN pull from the 99 sessions, then it might.

The fact that the new single (Silkworms) and probably the next (HardSkool) suggest the latter.  Not prove, simply suggest.

When did you first see that screenshot? And how do you explain that Tonto and Going Down were known as titles to the fans (shared by the "insider") way before the Village leaks, but Perhaps wasn't, although it was supposedly in the same list? Why did the "insider" keep that one to himself until 2019?

Edited by Blackstar

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

If that is the agreement, I could very much see how that would pan out.

They would record the songs we all know (Atlas, HardSkool, Perhaps, General and various other songs/covers he's done)

Then he would disappear when it came to writing lyrics and recording their songs.

🤣

14 minutes ago, Mr Mini Mite said:

We're all talking about a new record and maybe the new release is not a studio but a live album from the NITL tour...

Well, at least we can talk about something with the slightest bit of optimism 

11 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When did you first see that screenshot? And how do you explain that Tonto and Going Down were known as titles to the fans (shared by the "insider") way before the Village leaks, but Perhaps wasn't, although it was supposedly in the same list? Why did the "insider" keep that one to himself until 2019?

I saw the list (dated 2008) in 2011 and Perhaps is on it.

Along with Tonto, Going Down, Better v2 and TIL v2 - all of which happened.

Say what you want about 'insiders' - the list was credible.

It contained Knockin on Heavens Door which was later proven to be true too.

1 minute ago, Fozzie Bear said:

There is no album coming. I know people on the inside. 

There is no album coming. But I don't know people on the inside. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

I saw the list (dated 2008) in 2011 and Perhaps is on it.

Along with Tonto, Going Down, Better v2 and TIL v2 - all of which happened.

Say what you want about 'insiders' - the list was credible.

Oh, okay. So you, although not an "insider" (as you yourself said) saw the list with Perhaps in 2011, but the rest of the hardcore forum fans didn't see it before 2019.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pele said:

He released Going Down, TIL remix, Ballad of Death, Better Gone etc.  He released various songs from Chinese Democracy.

Did he, though? Or did he claim that by implying something? I'm sure there's no record of him speaking the truth about that.

21 minutes ago, Pele said:

It's the same list that I posted previously, that was shown on his YouTube video where he cried about Beta. It didn't have Perhaps, if the records are to be believed. 

And like I said, the remix were known from a long time.

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why is the thread title not updated yet!? Who cares about Susan, Beta confirms it!! 

I actually like the title as it is. She said it was coming, and she was right :lol:

2 minutes ago, Fozzie Bear said:

There is no album coming. I know people on the inside. 

Inside your head doesn't count

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m ok with them playing and releasing  absurd and hard school in this US tour, release an album for Christmas and tour the new album next year 

big gigs in South America won’t happen until March/April 2022 (that’s my guess) so maybe they’ll  include South America on their tour agenda. SA is a great market for GNR