The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just now, alangarcianr said:

I’m ok with them playing and releasing  absurd and hard school in this US tour, release an album for Christmas and tour the new album next year 

big gigs in South America won’t happen until March/April 2022 (that’s my guess) so maybe they’ll  include South America on their tour agenda. SA is a great market for GNR

Slash is releasing a SMKC album early 2022 so GNR will be inactive until atleast the summer dates

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Slash is releasing a SMKC album early 2022 so GNR will be inactive until atleast the summer dates

That’s good for us in South America, it gives us some more time to prepare for the return of big gigs. I think Maroon 5 has the earliest date here in Argentina in April. I’m also guessing Lollapalooza won’t include GNR as a headliner

15 minutes ago, weaponsnflowers said:

There is a new album coming! I can feel it in mah plums. They got a nice blue hue on them when there's an album nearby, I'll tell ya. Soon is the word, only this time it's final! Hallelujah!

NEW ALBUM CONFIRMED! 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Oh, okay. So you, although not an "insider" (as you yourself said) saw the list with Perhaps in 2011, but the rest of the hardcore forum fans didn't see it before 2019.

If I remember correctly, the people who saw the list didn't know Perhaps was a song because it had a question mark after it, so they thought it was some kind of question. At least that's what they claim.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If I remember correctly, the people who saw the list didn't know Perhaps was a song because it had a question mark after it, so they thought it was some kind of question. At least that's what they claim.

I does have a question mark, so some people thought the songs below were either/or.  But it's listed as a song, just with a question mark after it.

No such ambiguity with Tonto, Going Down, This I Love v2 etc.

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

November is a popular month for GN'R to release new music 

11/02/1999: Oh My God 

11/23/1999: Live Era 

11/23/2008: Chinese Democracy 

11/26/2022*: New album??? 

_________

*November 26 is a Friday 

And a couple of albums released 9/17/91.

Edited by drlaban
Double quote
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why is the thread title not updated yet!? Who cares about Susan, Beta confirms it!! 

When did Beta confirm it?

Also, I care about Susan. She has given us more information than management in recent times. Susan is the one who leaked the reunion, inadvertently. lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Go back a few pages. She said Absurd would be part of the (new) cd.

"this song is part of the cd." hmm ... Interesting. I was wondering if "Absurd" was gonna be a standalone with the record coming much later. To me, this means the record is closer than summer 2022. So I'll still say fall. Call me crazy.

Shit. Or the "cd" Beta is referencing is just an EP that will feature "Absurd" and "Hard Skool." Ugh. 

• GNFNR 1

Also worth pointing out the version of Cuban Skies that guy heard.

He said he heard the intro only, and said it contained Spanish guitars.  

So no proof that has been recorded.  Highly likely it's another instrumental demo.

I think we'll get a new album next year. also agree on HS and Absurd probably both being a part of it. If HS is released next and it's this year, then we're in a great place. We know things are finally in motion from what Beta said.

totally agree with @SoulMonster that the title of the thread should be changed. (thx Susan by take care us)

5 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

"this song is part of the cd." hmm ... Interesting. I was wondering if "Absurd" was gonna be a standalone with the record coming much later. To me, this means the record is closer than summer 2022. So I'll still say fall. Call me crazy.

Shit. Or the "cd" Beta is referencing is just an EP that will feature "Absurd" and "Hard Skool." Ugh. 

I doubt that she would call it "cd" referencing an EP instead of a full fledge album.

How long CD took to be released after Shackler's? I think we should use that as a template. 

5 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Axl had from 2000-2007 and 2011-2020 to release standalone singles to at least promote the tour and he didn't do it, even when attendance issues were worse since he didn't have Slash. If a single is released now it must mean an album is coming and not next year.

November 23, 2021 :D

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

November 23, 2021 :D

Just in case they wont have to cancel the dates in Australia. They would release the album one day before the tour ends. Peferctly reasonable for GN'R :lol:

Edited by Sosso

Just now, Sosso said:

Just in case they wont have to cancel the dates in Australia. That would mean they would release the album one day before the tour ends. Peferctly reasonable for GN'R :lol:

Well in that case, I'd be happy with the release being sooner! :D

They do have dates in 2022 though, so maybe that will be their album tour.

14 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Axl had from 2000-2007 and 2011-2020 to release standalone singles to at least promote the tour and he didn't do it, even when attendance issues were worse since he didn't have Slash. If a single is released now it must mean an album is coming and not next year.

I remember really thinking around 2013 that we were finally going to get a follow-up "soon" to Chinese Democracy. There were so many whispers from so-called insiders. And then the leaks with "Better Gone," "This I Love" remix, and "Going Down" and whatever else was on there. It seemed like they were readying something, even if it was going to be some sort of remix record with bonus material. But then the Vegas residency ended in 2014 and with word of an exodus of a few players in the band, obviously any planned release was put on ice. Then, of course, we got the eventual rumor that hell had frozen over and Slash and Axl had met to discuss the future of the band.

Edited by GnR Chris

The other thing to point out is it's likely Rose had virtually noting to do with these instrumentals.  They were submitted by various members and are likely left completely untouched,

This I Love is obviously his.  Madagascar organ is his.  Maybe some of the Prostitute/Street of Dreams music.

• Chinese Democracy - Josh Freese riff
  • Shacklers - Buckethead demo
  • Sorry - Buckethead instrumental
  • Better - Robin riff
  • Silkworms - written by Dizzy/Chris
  • Going Down - Tommy song
  • The General - Brain song (according to Dizzy)

For the abooce, these were existing songs where Rose added lyrics.

Discussions about the songs we haven't heard paint a very clear picture that Rose isn't creating these songs.

Ides of March

'Ides of March' was a working title of one of the songs that came from a loop name that Dizzy came up with: I think they kept the name, but it's been years so I'm sure everything has changed by now." (Dave Dominguez, Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Seven
"...we were writing all these songs to try and turn in. Xtract is sort of this old school DJ type, he’s a bass player but he loves old school break beats and you know, cratedigger type of guy. So, the shit we were putting together was crazy. We were going ‘OK what sample should we find for Axl? Well he’s sort of like Julius Ceasar’ so we were trying to sample stuff that reflected that. We were looking for old school, crazy shit and I think we sampled Ben-Hur, chopped it up, cut it up and that became a jam, I think we called it ‘Seven’."  (Brain Interview)

Interestingly, Ben Hur was filmed in Circus Maximus so it's likely that is that song.

Down by The Ocean:

"In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it, I haven't come back to know nothing." (Izzy, Popular Magazine, 2001)

As it Began

This became 'Goodbye' by Saivu (which was a collaberation of Richard Fortus and Norwegian musician Lásse Kvernmo), so likely untouched by Rose and passed on to Richard.

I think it should be obvious to anyone that PRL, Moustache, Zodiac, Tonto, Real Doll dot com, Billionaire, Dub Suplex, Devious Bastard, Dummy, D-Tune, Curly Shuffle, The Rebel etc were submitted by Brain, Bucket, Robin etc and completely untouched by Rose.

Marco Belrami said none of the songs he worked on had Vocals.

Axl played Oklamona for Rolling Stone - it had no vocal.

Edited by Pele
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Wrote it all down to Google Translate.

The comment by the dude was basically: Sorry, to comment, but the music is bad. I know we won't get another AFD or UYI, because they are different people these days. But that song was disrespectful to the fans.

Her answer (and this is a direct translation): "Too bad you feel disrespected. I guarantee you 100% that this was not the intention but anyway, this song is part of the cd. enjoy your day."

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

It's Portuguese, not Spanish.

She says it's part of the album - old people like myself doesn't use the word "album" that much, we still say "cd" or just "disc". It's funny, but it's real haha.  

The guy says Absurd is "very bad" and it disrespected the fans. 

Beta then answer: "Too bad that you felt disrespected. I guarantee you 100% that this wasn't the intention; but nevertheless, this song is part of the cd [disc/album]. Enjoy your day"

Now the thread title can be "Beta says new album is coming." :lol:

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Should someone just respond to Beta in a comment and just ask when the album would be released? She seems responsive with fans and like the band is trying to even be a bit better with communication, it might be worth a shot. Even if it’s like 1% chance of responding could pay off huge

Can someone do this?

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

November is a popular month for GN'R to release new music 

11/02/1999: Oh My God 

11/23/1999: Live Era 

11/23/2008: Chinese Democracy 

11/26/2022*: New album??? 

_________

*November 26 is a Friday 

Nov 26 is also the day after Thanksgiving aka Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year). That would be a great release day for a new album. Get everyone hyped up about it beforehand then release on Black Friday.

1 hour ago, Mr Mini Mite said:

We're all talking about a new record and maybe the new release is not a studio but a live album from the NITL tour...

Little too late for that. They should've done a live album several years ago.

1 hour ago, betterman said:

What about this crazy theory: 

Slash and Duff wants to record new album with Axl. Axl says that he allready have material that he has worked on for twenty years. 

Duff and Slash agrees on recording new versions of the songs, but only if Axl wil record an album with their own songs as well.

We get the rerecorded album this fall, then Slash solo album and the real comeback album of GNR to coincide with European tour..

Its obviously just a fan dream, but...

I would be ok with that.

1 hour ago, Fozzie Bear said:

There is no album coming. I know people on the inside. 

Do you now

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yup

54 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

When did Beta confirm it?

Also, I care about Susan. She has given us more information than management in recent times. Susan is the one who leaked the reunion, inadvertently. lol

That is true, Susan has leaked some pretty important info in the past.

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I remember really thinking around 2013 that we were finally going to get a follow-up "soon" to Chinese Democracy. There were so many whispers from so-called insiders. And then the leaks with "Better Gone," "This I Love" remix, and "Going Down" and whatever else was on there. It seemed like they were readying something, even if it was going to be some sort of remix record with bonus material. But then the Vegas residency ended in 2014 and with word of an exodus of a few players in the band, obviously any planned release was put on ice. Then, of course, we got the eventual rumor that hell had frozen over and Slash and Axl had met to discuss the future of the band.

It didn't seem that way to me.

It looked to me like he wanted to work on stuff he's already written and recorded.

3 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Then, of course, we got the eventual rumor that hell had frozen over and Slash and Axl had met to discuss the future of the band.

Worth remembering who announced that rumor.

3 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Nov 26 is also the day after Thanksgiving aka Black Friday (the biggest shopping day of the year). That would be a great release day for a new album. Get everyone hyped up about it beforehand then release on Black Friday.

Damn, I haven't even considered Black Friday. That would be a very good marketing strategy. We'll have to wait and see... 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pele said:

Worth remembering who announced that rumor.

Who was it? To my recollection, MSL buried the little nugget of info within an unrelated thread on his forum.

BLACK FRIDAY release? I'd totally be down.

For album titles, I like AbsurdStay of Execution, and even Not in This Lifetime.