The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I would like to hear a cool version of going down. It's the best song from the leaks, imo. Problem is, Stinsons lead vocals where basically perfect for this and it's his song. :D

Can we have going down with Izzy on lead vocals and Axl backings, please? 

• GNFNR 1

Axl has a vision. The moment he handed in CD, he had the tracklist for CD2 in his mind. The album was ready to be released before the reunion happened. Imo it will come out with the songs he chose 10+ years ago, the songs mentioned here, +/- 1-2 songs by Slash/Duff. There is no need to rerecord perfect takes he spent a lot of time and money on. Hardskool seems to be changed up quite a bit, so we might heard some added, new vocal takes on it. A lot of the vocals will be from the Beaven sessions. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just to be clear, I could not care less who is or isn't an actual insider. 

My original post wasn't directed at any one person on this forum or anywhere else on the internet. 

I just thought it was amusing that none of the insiders knew anything about Absurb. 

It is what it is though. Carry on :)

But, but, but the plans changed!!!! 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just to be clear, I could not care less who is or isn't an actual insider. 

My original post wasn't directed at any one person on this forum or anywhere else on the internet. 

I just thought it was amusing that none of the insiders knew anything about Absurb. 

It is what it is though. Carry on :)

It seems that the camp finally learnt their lesson on how to protect their songs from leaking. It only took them 20 years ...:lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, noonoo said:

It seems that the camp finally learnt their lesson on how to protect their songs from leaking. It only took them 20 years ...:lol:

Yet people are still claiming in public and in PMs that they have all this inside knowledge of tracks. How odd. 

In any case, if/when GN'R releases more music, I'll be happy to take a listen. Otherwise, I'll let everyone get back to being insiders lol

• Like 1

I caved in and listened to some leaks for the first time since 2019. Man State of Grace is fucking BADASS. Is it actually The General? Or do I remember that wrong? I seem to remember someone claimed it is actually an earlier version of The General.

I'm so stoked we will most definitely get to hear State Of Grave reworked because Axl has a great vocal in the can for it already.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I caved in and listened to some leaks for the first time since 2019. Man State of Grace is fucking BADASS. Is it actually The General? Or do I remember that wrong? I seem to remember someone claimed it is actually an earlier version of The General.

I'm so stoked we will most definitely get to hear State Of Grave reworked because Axl has a great vocal in the can for it already.

It's not the general 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, noonoo said:

Axl has a vision. The moment he handed in CD, he had the tracklist for CD2 in his mind. The album was ready to be released before the reunion happened. Imo it will come out with the songs he chose 10+ years ago, the songs mentioned here, +/- 1-2 songs by Slash/Duff. There is no need to rerecord perfect takes he spent a lot of time and money on. Hardskool seems to be changed up quite a bit, so we might heard some added, new vocal takes on it. A lot of the vocals will be from the Beaven sessions. 

I think he ad that vision in 99/2000.  He had an idea of what songs were for CD, and what songs were going to completed for CD2.

By 2008 when the record was handed in, that vision was long gone and the work on the follow up wasn't even nearly completed.  He said so in the chats - no plans to release the follow up.

18 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

We might, but it could be also from 2002-2007 sessions.

Nah -  it's from 99, with the exception of an additional "too hardschool!!" shout overlaying the chorus to make a multi track

13 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Some (insider lol) claimed that Billionaire is an early version, I dont hear it myself.

I don't think anything on the leaks is the general. I think it was from after the time on the discs. (May be wrong on that) 

Edited by Jw224

10 minutes ago, Pele said:

Nah -  it's from 99, with the exception of an additional "too hardschool!!" shout overlaying the chorus to make a multi track

I believe the slide outro played by Slash on rehearsal could actually feature more lyrics. We can hear Axl singing some Ay-aye shit on that recording. I don't know.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Throw enough shit at a wall, some of it sticks. 

The shit that doesn't stick....label it 'plans changed'. 

I remain convinced the world of 'GNR insiders' would probably be decimated if certain individuals managed to have some sex once or twice in their lives. 

I'm not really seeing anyone claiming to be an insider here?

The idea that a new album would only contain Axl vocals recorded in 1999 seems incredibly flawed to me. There are many quotes in the following years suggesting that Axl has in fact recorded vocals since then.

"When asked about GN'R's plans, Richard said 'Yeah, we're starting up again in May.' To the question regarding the Chinese Democracy album and whether it will come out or not, he said 'Yeah, Axl is finishing it up now, doing vocals - overdubs. It's great.'" (Dust N' Bones, 03/20/03)

"Axl is still finishing up vocals on the record and I've heard rumours that it will be released before the end of the year." (Fortus, 06/23/05)

"Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose is putting the final vocals down on a new album that he has been working on at the Palms recording studios." (Reviewjournal.com, 01/07/07)

"There's so much stuff that's recorded, there's so much stuff that was done. I mean, there's three albums' worth of material, easy…

"I know this week he's [GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose] recording a lot of stuff, vocally." (Fortus, 11/20/2014)

And just using common sense, Better had no vocals in 2001 and Shackler's Revenge was very much in an embryonic stage in 2000. Go compare the Antiquiet leaks to the final album; CD, SoD, TWAT, and Riad all had vocal overdubs done.

Edited by LlamaRenegade
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, LlamaRenegade said:

The idea that a new album would only contain Axl vocals recorded in 1999 seems incredibly flawed to me. There are many quotes in the following years suggesting that Axl has in fact recorded vocals since then.

And just using common since, Better had no vocals in 2001 and Shackler's Revenge was very much in an embryonic stage in 2000. Go compare the Antiquiet leaks to the final album; CD, SoD, and Riad all had vocal overdubs done.

Man all these Fortus quotes are depressing lol 

• Haha 3