The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

No, I'm sure Slash and Duff have recorded stuff. Slash said himself he was vague about new music (saying things like "we all want to do it," "we'll see" etc.) before 2019, because they hadn't done anything until then. But after 2019 they've done stuff, and I believe not just two songs. And if they're gonna use already recorded Axl vocals, it doesn't take much to put it together. It's not like they've been trying to make a full album from scratch like in 1994.

Weird how none of it made sense back then but it does now when looking back.

53 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Taste good dont it is more old than 1991. Maybe 1988?

True, in a live setting, but I believe the vocal track they will use for the upcoming release will use a UYI era vocal track. If they decide to include it that is. I don’t see why they wouldn’t though since they decided to release Silkworms. 

That idea about this new album turning out to be just a NITLT live compilation + 2 songs (that in reality sounds totally plausible) had me overthinking and very pissed for several minutes until I realized the obvious:

So what were Slash, Duff and Richard, doing all these years when talking about a "New Guns record"? Adding missing notes for live butchered solos? re-recording some extra bass lines? for how many years? that "material" Axl showed them were just 2 songs? It took them like 3 years to figure out the chords for Hard School again or what? 😂

That's a relief if you think about it that way, now if they release both studio and live albums it'll be great for sure

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That tracklist has been well circulated for several years and no one believes we're getting a studio album with a new version of Knockin that features vocals from 1999.

Pele, where are ye son?!!?! There's a non-believer amongst the ranks! :P

Edited by 19AT5
  • Haha 2

Are we getting excited yet? The band has hinted at working on new music, we know Axl has had completed songs for a while, Susan has confirmed an album is in the works, Beta has confirmed an album in is the works, the band releases a new single, Fernando talked about pressing vinyls and seemed to confirm a second single is on the way. ARE WE GETTING EXCITED!?? :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I can't believe there's people out there that will buy Absurd on Vinyl. That's the biggest, most obvious let's-grab-money and-they-fall-for-it milking of hardcore fans possible

If no one buys it and they don’t make money from it, they probably won’t release more music in the future

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Are we getting excited yet? The band has hinted at working on new music, we know Axl has had completed songs for a while, Susan has confirmed an album is in the works, Beta has confirmed an album in is the works, the band releases a new single, Fernando talked about pressing vinyls and seemed to confirm a second single is on the way. ARE WE GETTING EXCITED!?? :)

But Jarmo just told that it would be Absurd as vinyl?

38 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

If no one buys it and they don’t make money from it, they probably won’t release more music in the future

That's basically what I'm saying, people won't buy it because of the song. GNR know people will just buy this because that's all there is. So time to grab some additional cash selling this useless vinyl while they can until the new album comes out, at which point this Vinyl will become completely obsolete and no one will buy that shit ever again except some collectors. This is literally the only timeperiod where this Vinyl would ever sell, and for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

49 minutes ago, betterman said:

Jarmo is chiming in, but in a thread about Absurd - so its likely going to be a single release/EP first

Physical release being worked on.

Pressing vinyl just takes a bit longer due to the capacity at the pressing plants...

/jarmo

I don't think he meant Absurd as a single release. I think he meant the full album. Now.... maybe there's a stop gap ep? who knows!? but I think we're talking about the full length album. An Absurd EP would be.... I mean, what do you even say to something like that. I'd have zero interest in getting that EP unless it included some extras that you can't download separately. Basically an Absurd EP is a VERY, VERY limited market, a LP which probably has some more warm and fuzzy type songs on it is infinitely more commercially appealing.

It’s a somewhat funny situation. If Absurd gets released on vinyl, this time the band/management will mostly have to rely on die-hards (and maybe collectors), because the casuals seem to hate it (for obvious reasons). It’s a black-or-white division, but ok for this purpose. And yet it’s been the casuals toward whom the activities/songs/merchandize etc. of the recent years seemed to have been directed. Good luck, TB. 
It’s also possible they’ll release something else (HS?) with Absurd as the B-side, of course. Otherwise, it's gonna flop. 

Anyway, you folks from that Litho thread should have asked about real new music instead of obsessing over a 20-year old demo all the time. Like, that’s not exactly what we’ve been waiting for, is it. Cool song, though. The best from the bunch. On the other hand, there wouldn’t have been any real answer anyway, so… forget it. What was it last time? "New album in 6 months"? Oh, we used the good old Covid excuse, I forgot. 

Edited by jamillos

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It’s a somewhat funny situation. If Absurd gets released on vinyl, this time the band/management will mostly have to rely on die-hards (and maybe collectors), because the casuals seem to hate it (for obvious reasons). It’s a black-or-white division, but ok for this purpose. And yet it’s been the casuals toward whom the activities/songs/merchandize etc. of the recent years seemed to have been directed. Good luck, TB. 
It’s also possible they’ll release something else (HS?) with Absurd as the B-side, of course. Otherwise, it's gonna flop. 

Anyway, you folks from that Litho thread should have asked about real new music instead of obsessing over a 20-year old demo all the time. Like, that’s not exactly what we’ve been waiting for, is it. Cool song, though. The best from the bunch. On the other hand, there wouldn’t have been any real answer anyway, so… forget it. What was it last time? "New album in 6 months"? Oh, we used the good old Covid excuse, I forgot. 

I asked about a new album. He ignored it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Here's all they need to do to move copies of Absurd as a 7" vinyl single: make it limited to 5000 (or so) copies as a Record Store Day Black Friday release. 

Casuals all over the world will sell it out instantly just because it's a limited edition piece, not because of the song.