The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Imagine after all this, GNR only managed to release a bloody live album recorded over the NITL tour. But there's a twist... it features Axl vocals from 1999! That would presumably be in line with the ChiDem fanboys who favour the copy and paste recording approach! 

4 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

That would presumably be in line with the ChiDem fanboys who favour the copy and paste recording approach! 

Us "ChiDem" cultists would prefer the original mixes with Robin and/or Buckethead over all else. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That's basically what I'm saying, people won't buy it because of the song. GNR know people will just buy this because that's all there is. So time to grab some additional cash selling this useless vinyl while they can until the new album comes out, at which point this Vinyl will become completely obsolete and no one will buy that shit ever again except some collectors. This is literally the only timeperiod where this Vinyl would ever sell, and for all the wrong reasons.

Jesus Christ... I thought I was cynical...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Imagine after all this, GNR only managed to release a bloody live album recorded over the NITL tour. But there's a twist... it features Axl vocals from 1999! That would presumably be in line with the ChiDem fanboys who favour the copy and paste recording approach! 

Has it ever been determined what songs were touched from the 99 AXL on Live Era ?

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I hope Slash treats Perhaps well. It’ll be sad if they play it live one day and he ruins the Finck solo like he did for TIL.

That would suck big time. And that little part where the bass lines goes with high notes while Robin is holding the note is truly genial. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

That would suck big time. And that little part where the bass lines goes with high notes while Robin is holding the note is truly genial. 

Perhaps is one of those songs that just needs a final mix and master. I love it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Regardless of your thoughts on the music, isn't it, at the very very least, nice to have the option of being able to buy something?! 

With so much music out there, why spend money on something you don't like? Everyone one is different but to me having the option to buy a bad product isn't any better of an option than no product.

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

With so much music out there, why spend money on something you don't like? Everyone one is different but to me having the option to buy a bad product isn't any better of an option than no product.

Well, taking aside the fact that to some people it isn't a bad product, with a band things operate differently to other goods. 

Having new material, regardless of whether an individual likes it or not shows a band that is willing to move forward. With that willingness comes new energy, momentum and a move away from rank nostalgia. All of which are pretty vital in music in my view. 

So while I may not like new music from a band (in this particular case I do like it however) I definitely think it's always a good thing for fans to have it as an option. They can of course choose not to buy it, but it's about more than simply the music. 

Nowadays you don’t even need to spend money to listen to something you don’t like. Look it up on YouTube if you’re curious. If you want to support the artist buy it from there. Acting like you’ll have to even spend money to listen to a new Guns album is preposterous in our current age.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Nowadays you don’t even need to spend money to listen to something you don’t like. Look it up on YouTube if you’re curious. If you want to support the artist buy it from there. Acting like you’ll have to even spend money to listen to a new Guns album is preposterous in our current age.

(I know this isn't directed at me but...) I like to support art in general, specifically music. So I'm not opposed to the blind buy where albums are concerned. But yes, anyone and everyone can hear all the music they want without having to spend a dime these days 

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I see you talk about Perhaps' instrumentation a lot but I for some reason struggle so much with hearing it so clearly in the leaked form we got ...