The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 hours ago, betterman said:

Jarmo is chiming in, but in a thread about Absurd - so its likely going to be a single release/EP first

Physical release being worked on.

Pressing vinyl just takes a bit longer due to the capacity at the pressing plants...

/jarmo

Did he say anything about if it's a full album or not, or what kind of timeframe they're looking at?

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Are we getting excited yet? The band has hinted at working on new music, we know Axl has had completed songs for a while, Susan has confirmed an album is in the works, Beta has confirmed an album in is the works, the band releases a new single, Fernando talked about pressing vinyls and seemed to confirm a second single is on the way. ARE WE GETTING EXCITED!?? :)

Yes I'm excited :headbang:

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This seems like a good time to share my masterpiece again:

Screenshot_20190803-103850_Facebook.jpg.eb63a6c67369078d451b4b5f5a9cda74.jpg

We haven't seen that in a while, hopefully they will deliver this time though.

Is it likely that in a new release (EP or full album) apart from the ChiDem era songs, will they continue with the idea of remixing Better with the new intro with Slash and Duff? like the DJ Ashba remix. and copy and paste the voices hahaha

I wouldn't see it bad if it came as a bonus track or hidden on 7 "Absurd / HS vinyl.

4 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I already did and it's hilarious :lol:

When he put out that "Back in Action" video all I saw was the thumbnail and I thought "Oh that looks legit" and I swear to god even when the singing started I was still convinced that it was a new GNR song because "Yeah, the singing is also legit. It sucks, but sounds legit."

Probably my most brain-dead moment of 2021. :facepalm:

It's hilarious but my favourite is "Slash shreds". Look it up on Youtube

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I see you talk about Perhaps' instrumentation a lot but I for some reason struggle so much with hearing it so clearly in the leaked form we got ...

I'll try to make make a de-Axleized version with no vocals with this AI app and I'll send it to you. It works great in general 

I think its possible that he laid down vocals in 2019, I think also MSL stated this as a "fact" and I think it was rumored to include songs like Quick song, Hardschool and Children of the revolution. (the EP rumor from 2019)I think its possible that he laid down vocals in 2019, I think also MSL stated this as a "fact" and I think it was rumored to include songs like Quick song, Hardschool and Children of the revolution. (the EP rumor from 2019)

2 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Sorry. I put it down wrong way.

But the message supposed to be that it is a studio or something and Axl was there atm

Maybe he laid vocals for his Scooby-Doo guesting :lol:

Page-469... Nice

Edited by GoForJMark
Nice
  • Haha 2

Don't think this deserves a new thread, but Aerosmith just signed a deal with UMG to move their entire catalogue. 

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/rock-band-aerosmith-universal-music-group-sign-alliance-deal-2021-08-23/

This is important for GNR because it's an strategic move from Universal before the IPO in September. The French group Vivendi is getting ready to open it to the market. I'm guessing that if GNR is indeed planning something for this year, any announcement would be after that. Maybe the band (via Duff) could even buy some stake in order to have a more active whole? Maybe that's the perfect time to buy back their catalogue? Not sure, but you guys have way more knowledge than me, so I would be glad to read some of your thoughts.

• Like 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

What are the actual chances of "Going Down" with Axl on vocals makes it on the album?

Because I think that song is fantastic.

Didn't GN'R sell or release the rights of that song? Sort of like what they did with Crash Diet.

It's not a bad song, and is radio friendly. Definitely needs Axl to lead, with maybe backing vocals from Tommy or Duff. GN'R has a weird theme of bass players who try to sing too. 

• Like 1

Just thinking out loud here, but if Slash is releasing a new album early 2022, why would GnR, after 13 years of radio silence, release an album before this time, and likewise, why drop another single (HS) without an album. It doesn't make sense. Unless, the album that's been referred to doesn't need promotion and they're just cashing in on 5 years of touring, and they release a live album, or another best of album. Thoughts? 

• Like 1