The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, well, you know, they're  looking very seriously into the their options regarding something, but with the state of the world and life happens and all that their hands are basically tied and stuff. 

In all seriousness…I’d be surprised if any prospective GNR release happens this year now. Will anyone want to go up against ABBA from a promotional perspective? I’m leaning towards pre-Euro run next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, well, you know, they're  looking very seriously into the their options regarding something, but with the state of the world and life happens and all that their hands are basically tied and stuff. 

Everyone wants it, we all want it but we're err... just trying to think, put out ya know... we all want it but erm yeah, we'll see. (4tus 2010 till 2032)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Where does this rumour come from? 

It sounds like someone has confused it with Down on the Street thàt has been soundchecked.

Was a comment from another forum, but I guess its fake. Does anybody know which songs they soundchecked?

24 minutes ago, betterman said:

Is it true that Duff rehearsed Goin down on soundcheck at last concert?? 

This is not a concern......... What's fu+k'n concerning is ABBA, yes ABBA(with the 2nd B backwards) has risen from the dead....... And is releasing a single, album with normal promotional material BEFORE gnr, whom has been touring the global since 2016.....for fux's sake

2 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

This is not a concern......... What's fu+k'n concerning is ABBA, yes ABBA(with the 2nd B backwards) has risen from the dead....... And is releasing a single, album with normal promotional material BEFORE gnr, whom has been touring the global since 2016.....for fux's sake

Been 40 years since their last. Axl still has some time then.

Can I just say their new single sounds atrocious and I prefer soon to be 60 Axl over a hologram of his young self. GNR still wins :P

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lio said:

Been 40 years since their last. Axl still has some time then.

Can I just say their new single sounds atrocious and I prefer soon to be 60 Axl over a hologram of his young self. GNR still wins :P

Totally agree, gnr wins for me to, however wish they would be 'their best version' 

Well, Abba are touring virtually, while GN'R have whole lockers of virtual albums! Tons and tons of tunes they've been working very hard on, and they all want to do it, it's just about sitting down and really getting to it. And they've been looking very seriously at what they can do in this regard. As for the fans - complaints, complaints. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Well, Abba are touring virtually, while GN'R have whole lockers of virtual albums! Tons and tons of tunes they've been working very hard on, and they all want to do it, it's just about sitting down and really getting to it. And they've been looking very seriously at what they can do in this regard. As for the fans - complaints, complaints. 

....you forgot that they need to figure out how exactly to release music now. 

And the old "no-one buys new music from old bands like GNR anymore, so what's the point making it" that is often trotted out by people with both feet in 1991. 

Meanwhile in Abba land, their website store crashed and many of the formats sold out instantly. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I enjoyed Abba saying "no comeback would be complete without new music". 

Fucking Abba have managed a new album without any drama.....and they're all ex-couples! 

Meanwhile back in GNR land........

Are vocals in new Abba single from 1982, 1989, 1999 or 2019?

• Haha 4

Just now, allwaystired said:

Have they lost the momentum from Absurd yet? I'd say they probably have now. I think they've left following it up with HS (or anything else) too long now.

Any thoughts? 

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Though it certainly wouldn't be the first time they didn't capitalize on striking while the iron is hot. Still, I'm hoping (yeah, shame on me) that somehow there's a ::gulp:: plan in place that sticks the landing. 

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Though it certainly wouldn't be the first time they didn't capitalize on striking while the iron is hot. Still, I'm hoping (yeah, shame on me) that somehow there's a ::gulp:: plan in place that sticks the landing. 

Yeah totally. I think if the leg finishes with nothing else of note though, it's probably time to worry again! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah totally. I think if the leg finishes with nothing else of note though, it's probably time to worry again! 

I’m hoping Absurd is more Shackler’s Revenge than it is Oh My God. It works as a taste of things to come, but if that’s their only output during the US tour, yeah, time to worry.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Better ABBA releases new music than Ashba.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:47 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Myles is off from mid December to early June, GnR is off late November to early June, so plenty of time for SMKC album release and tour. It's not been postponed. Depending on how long Myles is in the studio with AB, it's not unreasonable to guess that SMKC will probably resume touring later in 2022 or in 2023. They're going to do at least one NA run and one trip through SA, Europe, etc because Slash likes hitting all those places and doing a full tour. I'm guessing they might do European festivals summer of 2023 and maybe some more NA dates as well. I don't know anything for certain (although I think it's safe to assume that spring 2022 dates are being talked about and booked and will be announced when the album is) and I'm basing this off of what they did for the LTD tour around GnR dates but I feel pretty confident in my prediction.

Wishful thinking:

Imagine SMKC open for GNR in some of their upcoming legs with SMKC promoting their new record. The all Slash shows! 5 hours full of Slash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Wishful thinking:

Imagine SMKC open for GNR in some of their upcoming legs with SMKC promoting their new record. The all Slash shows! 5 hours full of Slash.

I think Slash would totally be down for that! Not sure Axl would welcome the comparison of his vocals next to Myles though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1