The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

47 minutes ago, klakly said:

Confirmed I think nothing. I thought about SMKC because the new album is ready and will be released at the beginning of 2022.

Wouldn't that mean Rick Rubin is the producer of the new SMKC record? Wasn't Micheal Baskette already confirmed for that?

4 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Rick Rubin was identified pretty recently as the producer of what we think was Hard Skool. Axl apparently fired him when he asked him to work on vocals. It's a shame because I think he would've been the right producer for the band at the time.

Rick Rubin became one of the most overrated producers of all time. 

Read Interviews from various AC/DC members. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Source? 

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4135-hard-school

And Matt Sorum's upcoming autobiography.

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Rick Rubin became one of the most overrated producers of all time. 

Read Interviews from various AC/DC members. 

It depends what you want from a producer. He went some way to explaining what went wrong on a recent episode of Talk is Jericho. The Ballbreaker album is disappointing but I really like Big Gun which was also produced by Rubin.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I really don't think Axl could deal with Rick Rubin and vice versa XD

There may be something to this. They certainly couldn't in the nineties.

Two things Rubin would certainly try to change would be 1) The ridiculous amount of layering of nonsense like sub bass and actual bass and real orchestras and synth orchestras, and 2) If Frank is the limited player many here think he is then Rubin would request a different/session drummer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Two things Rubin would certainly try to change would be 1) The ridiculous amount of layering of nonsense like sub bass and actual bass and real orchestras and synth orchestras, and 2) If Frank is the limited player many here think he is then Rubin would request a different/session drummer.

Axl: "No sub bass, no record! ABSURD! FiRED!!"

• Haha 3
  • ABSUЯD 1

36 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Hahaha! Sub-bass has its place. But generally most folk just use the plug ins and apply it to the individual track or the master as a whole. GNR seemingly have somebody individually making new sub-bass parts which is utterly pointless!

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 10:58 PM, Free Bird said:

Wishful thinking:

Imagine SMKC open for GNR in some of their upcoming legs with SMKC promoting their new record. The all Slash shows! 5 hours full of Slash.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:29 AM, Dangelus said:

I think Slash would totally be down for that! Not sure Axl would welcome the comparison of his vocals next to Myles though.

That would be awesome but I don't think it'll happen, mainly because I doubt Slash wants to play 2 sets of music every show.

52 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be awesome but I don't think it'll happen, mainly because I doubt Slash wants to play 2 sets of music every show.

That reminds me of a few years ago when people were lobbying for a Soundgarden/Pearl Jam double billing, that would have killed Matt Cameron :lol:

• Like 1