The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 9/6/2021 at 8:06 PM, 19AT5 said:

Hahaha! Sub-bass has its place. But generally most folk just use the plug ins and apply it to the individual track or the master as a whole. GNR seemingly have somebody individually making new sub-bass parts which is utterly pointless!

Pitman did a lot more on Chinese Democracy than just programming the Sub-Bass. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Honestly Slash probably spends most of his time in the dressing room playing guitar.  I doubt he would mind lol

There's a big difference between playing in the dressing room and performing on stage. People would be complaining that he's tired by midway through GnR's set.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:41 AM, WhazUp said:

That reminds me of a few years ago when people were lobbying for a Soundgarden/Pearl Jam double billing, that would have killed Matt Cameron :lol:

Pj could've brought Dave A back and everyone would be happy. They'd have their best drummer back and Matt could become the monster drummer he once was in the mighty Soundgarden. 

Here's an idea: somebody insert a poll in the first page of this thread - for us to bet how many pages it will reach before *the release*, and make it per 100 steps or so. The winner gets... Idk, a congratulation or something. :awesomeface:

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, Sosso said:

Rick Rubin became one of the most overrated producers of all time. 

Read Interviews from various AC/DC members. 

Yup - he has a stellar resume up until a point and then…..mediocre. When it was announced he was working on Death Magnetic I was extremely pleased and it turned out a complete missed opportunity. Dreadful production…..poor other choices too (like having the guitars tuned to E ‘like in the 80s’ meaning vocals on record are more strained as Hetfield doesn’t sing like back then). And of course the slightly downtuned guitars sound much better live. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

I know, right!? First Van Gogh release in nearly 200 years and he’s palming us off with a copy and pasted oil painting from the 17th century…!

Although being dead and all, he’s less bloated.

Is he still cracking jokes though? We all know how important that is!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Is he still cracking jokes though? We all know how important that is!

Yeah he still warms up by cracking jokes, You know that was the surprising thing about Van. We were in the studio late one night and he rocks up and ya know... instead of warming up practising his brush strokes, the dudes in there cracking jokes for like 45 minutes! I dunno whether a lot of that stuff will come out but...you know... we all want it...

• Haha 4

Universal Music Group is hitting the stock market for the first time tomorrow. Would a GN'R album announcement be considered "big enough" to have any effect on that? I have no idea.

But, if so, could Axl have been instructed to wait with any announcement until their shares are "live"?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spirit said:

Universal Music Group is hitting the stock market for the first time tomorrow. Would a GN'R album announcement be considered "big enough" to have any effect on that? I have no idea.

But, if so, could Axl have been instructed to wait with any announcement until their shares are "live"?

that could be.   but I believe a public company would want to (or have to) disclose to its share holders all major releases coming up (ie profitable ventures to get more investors)... so I guess I'll buy a share of universal and then sit in on an investors call....... that's the most rock n roll way EVER to find out if a new album is coming.  lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Yeah he still warms up by cracking jokes, You know that was the surprising thing about Van. We were in the studio late one night and he rocks up and ya know... instead of warming up practising his brush strokes, the dudes in there cracking jokes for like 45 minutes! I dunno whether a lot of that stuff will come out but...you know... we all want it...

I've heard they asked him about a possible new painting on that occasion, but it was like he was pretending to be deaf or something... 

• ABSUЯD 1

5 hours ago, Spirit said:

Doubt it. I wouldn't invest my money in a record company in 2021 :shrugs:

Imo, Universal should be signing their artists up to fan engagement cryptocurrency platforms like Chiliz. For a one time payment of a couple of bucks every GNR fan worldwide would have the ability to vote on band polls, such as what deep cut should be added to the setlist, what artwork should be chosen for the next album, which band member we'd like to see a Q&A with, which litho design should be sold at an upcoming gig etc...... bands can make millions of dollars from monetising fan feedback, just like hundreds of sports clubs around the world already have, but I don't ever see record labels or bands like GNR being forward thinking enough to jump on the idea :(

• Like 1