The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?

Just now, allwaystired said:

Have they lost the momentum from Absurd yet? I'd say they probably have now. I think they've left following it up with HS (or anything else) too long now.

Any thoughts? 

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Though it certainly wouldn't be the first time they didn't capitalize on striking while the iron is hot. Still, I'm hoping (yeah, shame on me) that somehow there's a ::gulp:: plan in place that sticks the landing. 

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Yeah, I absolutely agree. Though it certainly wouldn't be the first time they didn't capitalize on striking while the iron is hot. Still, I'm hoping (yeah, shame on me) that somehow there's a ::gulp:: plan in place that sticks the landing. 

Yeah totally. I think if the leg finishes with nothing else of note though, it's probably time to worry again! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah totally. I think if the leg finishes with nothing else of note though, it's probably time to worry again! 

I’m hoping Absurd is more Shackler’s Revenge than it is Oh My God. It works as a taste of things to come, but if that’s their only output during the US tour, yeah, time to worry.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

This is not a concern......... What's fu+k'n concerning is ABBA, yes ABBA(with the 2nd B backwards) has risen from the dead....... And is releasing a single, album with normal promotional material BEFORE gnr, whom has been touring the global since 2016.....for fux's sake

Better ABBA releases new music than Ashba.

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2021 at 9:47 PM, MaskingApathy said:

Myles is off from mid December to early June, GnR is off late November to early June, so plenty of time for SMKC album release and tour. It's not been postponed. Depending on how long Myles is in the studio with AB, it's not unreasonable to guess that SMKC will probably resume touring later in 2022 or in 2023. They're going to do at least one NA run and one trip through SA, Europe, etc because Slash likes hitting all those places and doing a full tour. I'm guessing they might do European festivals summer of 2023 and maybe some more NA dates as well. I don't know anything for certain (although I think it's safe to assume that spring 2022 dates are being talked about and booked and will be announced when the album is) and I'm basing this off of what they did for the LTD tour around GnR dates but I feel pretty confident in my prediction.

Wishful thinking:

Imagine SMKC open for GNR in some of their upcoming legs with SMKC promoting their new record. The all Slash shows! 5 hours full of Slash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Wishful thinking:

Imagine SMKC open for GNR in some of their upcoming legs with SMKC promoting their new record. The all Slash shows! 5 hours full of Slash.

I think Slash would totally be down for that! Not sure Axl would welcome the comparison of his vocals next to Myles though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, betterman said:

Vedo molte foto di Slash dagli Shangri La Studios (studio di Rick Rubins) a luglio - sappiamo per cosa ha registrato? 

GNR? Roba da solista? cospiratori?

I think for SMKC new album

2 hours ago, betterman said:

..ma non confermato? Potrebbe registrare anche per GNR? 

Confirmed I think nothing. I thought about SMKC because the new album is ready and will be released at the beginning of 2022.

47 minutes ago, klakly said:

Confirmed I think nothing. I thought about SMKC because the new album is ready and will be released at the beginning of 2022.

Wouldn't that mean Rick Rubin is the producer of the new SMKC record? Wasn't Micheal Baskette already confirmed for that?

About two years ago I read a very weak rumour that Rick Rubin was  to produce the new GnR record. I don't think it sounds likely at all, but funny how his name keeps popping up. I am intrigued now. :lol:

Edited by lilacmess

2 minutes ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Rick Rubin was identified pretty recently as the producer of what we think was Hard Skool. Axl apparently fired him when he asked him to work on vocals. It's a shame because I think he would've been the right producer for the band at the time.

Source? 

• janrichmond changed the title to The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?
  • alfierose pinned this topic