The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, Pele said:

No, they are awful.  They did leak State of Grace/Perhaps etc though.

What wrong guesses.  Someone told us that Tonto/Going Down/Perhaps were songs.

Are you saying this was wrong because he didn't tell us about HardSkool?

And why are you lumping them all together.

What about the guy who posted Sorry lyrics?  Was he wrong?  

I can play that game too:

What about all of the Axl vocals that have been recorded since 1999?

In short, I gave up caring what any insider had to say roughly 15 years ago so none of this really matters to me. I have to learn to stop going for your bait so I don't get caught taking in circles again. Good job catching me with it yet again though. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I can play that game too:

What about all of the Axl vocals that have been recorded since 1999?

In short, I gave up caring what any insider had to say roughly 15 years ago so none of this really matters to me. I have to learn to stop going for your bait so I don't get caught taking in circles again. Good job catching me with it yet again though. 

I keep saying it.  He recorded most in 99, he recorded some in 06?

Ok, if you stopped caring what 'insiders' said 15 years ago, stop saying everything they said was wrong?  Most was wrong, some was right, some released loads of unreleased songs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

No. 

Some people posted random things across the internet that were true. The Sorry lyrics and Perhaps being the only examples in 20 years. Those people weren't the attention seeking "insiders" who post on forums continually claiming that they, or someone they know are connected with the band. I know you know there's a difference, but playing dumb isn't doing you any favors. 

And again, people who leaked songs are not insiders or connected with the band. They're people who found a way to get unreleased GN'R music, then leak it to the internet. 

At the end of the day, you said that Axl never recorded vocals past 1999. Then when you were proven wrong, you changed it to 2006. All while having absolutely no source but continually trying to act as if you know something everyone else doesn't. 

I don't have to care what insiders say in order to point out to people when BS is being thrown around by them. 

Why would I say he didn't record after 99 - there are later vocals on the album.

You know my stance.  The 'vault' is basically the Village Sessions plus a handful of stuff from 06.  There will be nothing new, so they are going back through and getting the band to record music and pasting his old vocals over them.

100% agree.  The people who leak songs are not connected to the band.  I've said this over and over.  However, they are persistent and thorough, and they have found a way of getting loads of unreleased material and I believe have also found a similar way to get info.

The fact that 'nothing comes true' is simply because GNR do nothing. There are no new songs so there is nothing to report.

Like you said, these people who leak are not connected to the band, so they probably didn't know Absurd was going to get leaked.  It's possible that since that, they've done some digging and the EP story is true.  I don't think it's true - I think it's more likely they'll add HardSkool/Absurd to a live release.  I may be wrong.

The guy I've alluded to who is in touch with Beta never releases info, so it's irrelevant whether he's an 'insider' or not.  The one time he did was when he publicly said 'hell froze over last night' - in reference to the Axl/Slash call none of us knew about.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

The best thing about Hard Skewl being "out of the way" is ... we have absolutely no idea what's next.

If they're planning on releasing an album, they will probably release another single. Most of the leaks didn't have finished vocals. So there's a very good chance that we haven't heard the next song in it's near-finished form before.

they could release omg with slash/duff 

• Like 1

I don't think they should release an album.

Axl has dozens of songs, right? Duff and Slash have also stored their own material for potential future use. Instead of making an album, GN'R should start a website that acts as a jukebox of new material, with a new song uploaded every month or so. If the band truly does have enough material for two or three albums, this strategy could last them years. If they want the money, they could chuck in a merchandise link with song-specific content too.

• Wow 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't think they should release an album.

Axl has dozens of songs, right? Duff and Slash have also stored their own material for potential future use. Instead of making an album, GN'R should start a website that acts as a jukebox of new material, with a new song uploaded every month or so. If the band truly does have enough material for two or three albums, this strategy could last them years. If they want the money, they could chuck in a merchandise link with song-specific content too.

Im rather enjoying this single release pattern. Imagine a new song every month ir so then after a year, you out put out an album with those twelve and whack a few bonus songs I'm, call it a deluxe version and bam. You've doubled your money and kept interest burning for twice as long. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Obtaining through whatever means songs and leaking them is a far cry from ever having any information. 

The fact of the matter is absolutely none of the "insider information" predictions have ever come true. That's just a fact. On top of which, none of these insiders ever had a clue that Absurb was coming or that HS was definitely happening today / tomorrow. 

Nobody saw Absurd coming! 😂

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I always assumed that being on NITL setlists was some sort of in-joke...now I think it's a strong possibility that it could feature on any release. 

silkworms was like the brother of omg so i would expected, but i can t really imagine how they r gonna ad slash n duff to that song, it s so industrial, but maybe it would transformed into some punk rock like abdurd, who knows 

• Like 1

Yeah found some pics. It was 2018 it was in the setlist.....

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunsNRoses/comments/8p7mx8/omg_at_the_bottom_of_their_alt_songs_could_this/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_title&ampcid=1*z0vr0v*cid*eFJfTjNORnNXc3B3QzRYV0ljVWQ3MTJ2RklpNzRGQ00ybDU3WmpvRUdSVkZKSGh3TmlQYXNib0k1OUtHdTFTRg..

4 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

i think is was soundchecked in 2018

I think that was just a rumour wasn't it? I know some people claim to have heard it, but others claimed it wasn't OMG, but something off CD. 

Not sure it ever got resolved! 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think that was just a rumour wasn't it? I know some people claim to have heard it, but others claimed it wasn't OMG, but something off CD. 

Not sure it ever got resolved! 

i saw it a few years ago that it was soundchecked in berlin for the start of the 2018 tour

Yah know, I was just listening again to State Of Grace and Eye On You, which I used to think were way too “industrial” for the NITL lineup to ever touch, but after hearing their take on Silkworms and HardSkool, I actually think these two have potential as well.

Sadly, Eye On You is probably gone forever now since they chopped it up and shoved it into HardSkool. Oh well. Maybe we’ll still get State Of Grace, at least…

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Sadly, Eye On You is probably gone forever now since they chopped it up and shoved it into HardSkool. Oh well. Maybe we’ll still get State Of Grace, at least…

i think they might just rework it maybe rename it to macdaddy but who knows

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

in that case i garuntee omg has been reworked with slash n duff. 100 percent. 

OMG was officially released for a soundtrack. The 2 current releases were unreleased. I don't think they'll release it again.

Edited by Ak1nney

Just now, Ak1nney said:

OMG was officially released for a soundtrack. The 2 current releases were unreleased. I don't think they'll release it again.

Shadow of Your Love was officially released as well. Do you remember the "Live from the Jungle" EP from 1988?

4 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

I dunno, this band operates in a world of its own. Would not surprise me and really, with some heavy duff bass and sleazy guitar it could be great!