The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I'd bet OMG has been reworked too, didn't they soundcheck a slightly different version in like 2012 or something? And Axl always said the 1999 release was basically still a demo.

Maybe they were planning for OMG to be the first reunion single way back in 2018 when it appeared on the setlist, and then decided for HS once the Village leak happened. Who knows? But I fully expect reworked OMG to appear on any future full length release.

Edited by IkaruFunk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IkaruFunk said:

I'd bet OMG has been reworked too, didn't they soundcheck a slightly different version in like 2012 or something? And Axl always said the 1999 release was basically still a demo.

Maybe they were planning for OMG to be the first reunion single way back in 2018 when it appeared on the setlist, and then decided for HS once the Village leak happened. Who knows? But I fully expect reworked OMG to appear on any future full length release.

• Like 3

I was listening to Queen’s’ ‘Made in Heaven’ album today, released in 1995 and put together by Brian May and the band using vocal tracks recorded by Freddie before his death. I was thinking what a great job they did with it considering Freddie wasn’t around to help them.

It then dawned on me that this is what GNR are doing now but they have a singer who is ALIVE. It’s actually mental when you think about it. If the whole album is going to be cut and paste songs with 20 year old vocal tracks it’s more like a remix album or posthumous release than something released by a current (living) band still touring.

Is anyone aware of any other bands with a LIVING singer  who have recorded an album like this using 20 year old vocal takes?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

I was listening to Queen’s’ ‘Made in Heaven’ album today, released in 1995 and put together by Brian May and the band using vocal tracks recorded by Freddie before his death. I was thinking what a great job they did with it considering Freddie wasn’t around to help them.

It then dawned on me that this is what GNR are doing now but they have a singer who is ALIVE. It’s actually mental when you think about it. If the whole album is going to be cut and paste songs with 20 year old vocal tracks it’s more like a remix album or posthumous release than something released by a current (living) band still touring.

Is anyone aware of any other bands with a LIVING singer  who have recorded an album like this using 20 year old vocal takes?

Neil Young has released albums consisting of material that he recorded back in his pomp.

Made In Heaven is my favourite Queen album. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Is it that big of an issue when the vocals were recorded? I don't think so. There was a lot of songs that Axl wanted us to hear that would feature on the follow up to Chinese that we never got - I assume he had obstacles preventing him from doing so, why discard the takes that he obviously felt were adequate to showcase? Arguably, the Chinese sessions feature Axl in his vocal and creative pomp. 

22 minutes ago, Dean said:

Neil Young has released albums consisting of material that he recorded back in his pomp.

Made In Heaven is my favourite Queen album. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Is it that big of an issue when the vocals were recorded? I don't think so. There was a lot of songs that Axl wanted us to hear that would feature on the follow up to Chinese that we never got - I assume he had obstacles preventing him from doing so, why discard the takes that he obviously felt were adequate to showcase? Arguably, the Chinese sessions feature Axl in his vocal and creative pomp. 

If it’s JUST that Axl feels the takes are better than what he could do now, rather than sheer laziness then sure, I get it. It’s still pretty much unheard of behaviour from a living breathing singer but I agree m, he would undoubtedly sound worse on newer takes.

I’m sceptical though because he hasn’t recorded ANY changes at all. Not even one line here or there and they’ve even shoehorned a ‘hey hey’ from another unreleased track onto the bridge in ‘Hard Skool’. This is what I meant in terms of this feeling like a remix album or something a band would HAVE to do because their singer is no longer with us.

In short, I kinda just feel like Axl is like ‘fuck this, I’m not going into a studio ever again, I’m done with studios. I did my work years ago. You guys go add your shit to it and we’ll just put it out”. I hope that’s not how it is but it sure feels like that.

Edited by GNFNRUK
  • Like 1

I think the fact that the HardSkool CD is only shipping in February and the vinyl is only shipping in June probably means that we won’t be getting an album anytime soon. :/

EDIT: someone on discord had an interesting idea: “Imagine we got a full album of all new songs out of nowhere and they kept dropping cd session songs as singles every month.”

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, GNFNRUK said:

That is funny.. I was actually thinking last night that the only way this approach would make any sense was if the singer was dead lol.. And I actually thought about Queen not knowing they did that.. Not a fan of them

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is funny.. I was actually thinking last night that the only way this approach would make any sense was 

This is what I think is happening...

Slash said in an interview a while back that he was not sure of if physical albums were the way the industry is going or if they might just release individual songs...interesting after he did such a job of producing the first conspirators album recorded to tape and played live and then released in physical format. He really seemed to want to put out an old style record.im sure that's what he loves...but he mentioned the releasing singles, probably because he sees that that is the most likely thing for for to do.

Now...as for gnr's plan...

I reckon the reunion was basically for the touring. We know how much money they make on these tours and it's astronomical. After all this time gnr's legacy is forever tarnished (slash said years ago he wished Axl did a solo album so that if they reunited then the legacy wouldn't be tarnished), so slash rejoins and they go onstage and it can all crash with mickey mouse voice or whatever...they collect their cheques because people are willing to pay, that's business...

Releasing music is obviously a very secondary thought for them all. Axl would want his songs to be released because he worked so hard on them and obviously because his vocals are better than he can do now. I'll bet that in the reunion contract there was a clause about the necessity to work on and release his recordings. (I say this because I was surprised that they are putting them out now since they could release new stuff, but since they are...)...

I also think they will release a bunch of reworked unreleased Axl songs and see how people react to them. They will keep adjusting what they put out in reaction to the reaction of fans and the general public.

They will eventually release a song that is totally new (probably from the stuff that velvet revolver had and they tried with Corey Taylor - slash said it was zeppelin like and much more what people would expect from them than the other VR stuff) I would say that when they release THIS song, then public reaction will be much bigger....the band will see that and follow it up with an album in the same vane...of course it will have a few Axl democracy demos reworked in there because they can't just slap him in the face with all of their stuff... They might release other reworked Axl songs online to try and drum up publicity for the album. 

Hard stool or absurd will not be on new albums. These releases are just buying time until new music comes out. They are a way to satisfy Axl too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JudasFoxgloveKFjkj said:

does this mean Chinese Democracy 2 / Stay Of Execution / Red Panda is coming soon ?

what about P.R.L or Seven I've seen those as title names or something else like Not in This Lifetime but i wouldn't what that to come back Unless it's alled NITL part 2 but in a few years some people will wonder what was part 1 like

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am very convinced we will not get more new music this year, but that the band plans to release more. 

The Hard Skool physical release essentially confirms this, unfortunately. Fernando did say that more releases are starting to be slotted though, but who knows what that really means.

On 9/23/2021 at 7:56 PM, RussTCB said:

It's not "very little" that comes true, it's none. 

Personally, I couldn't care less about insiders motives. I just know that no music that's ever been released has been predicted by them. 

So...leaking songs in no way, shape or form validates any of the completely wrong guesses these insiders have ever made. 

There is one insider we all know, who did the following:

• Leaked several songs from Chinese Democracy before they were released
  • Told us the album would be a best buy exclusive before it was announced
  • Told us the release date before it was announced (months prior)
  • Told us song titles Tonto/Perhaps/Going Doen YEARS before we Village Leaks
  • Told us Doc McGee had been fired
  • Told us the details of a proposed Better video with puppets (verified by the director when fans reached out to him)
  • Told us GNR had offered a lead guitar spot to a female (verified when Orianthi told fans she was offered the part)
  • Told us GNR were playing Coachella prior to announcement

Plans do change.

Do you think the masterplan was reunite the band and release Silkworms??

They likely planned to reunite and record a new record.  The plan likely evolved as follows:

• Re unite, big tour then new album of new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • New album of new songs changed to hybrid album of old demos and new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • Album of old demos (except he wouldn't finish lyrics or record new vocals)
  • EP of old demos and covers  (but he wouldn't record the covers)
  • EP of old demos and live stuff 
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pele said:

There is one insider we all know, who did the following:

• Leaked several songs from Chinese Democracy before they were released
  • Told us the album would be a best buy exclusive before it was announced
  • Told us the release date before it was announced (months prior)
  • Told us song titles Tonto/Perhaps/Going Doen YEARS before we Village Leaks
  • Told us Doc McGee had been fired
  • Told us the details of a proposed Better video with puppets (verified by the director when fans reached out to him)
  • Told us GNR had offered a lead guitar spot to a female (verified when Orianthi told fans she was offered the part)
  • Told us GNR were playing Coachella prior to announcement

Plans do change.

Do you think the masterplan was reunite the band and release Silkworms??

They likely planned to reunite and record a new record.  The plan likely evolved as follows:

• Re unite, big tour then new album of new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • New album of new songs changed to hybrid album of old demos and new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • Album of old demos (except he wouldn't finish lyrics or record new vocals)
  • EP of old demos and covers  (but he wouldn't record the covers)
  • EP of old demos and live stuff 

OK, I've been trying to have fun with this whole situation but please stop quoting me just to post your bullshit again and again. 

• Like 4