The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Pele said:

There is one insider we all know, who did the following:

• Leaked several songs from Chinese Democracy before they were released
  • Told us the album would be a best buy exclusive before it was announced
  • Told us the release date before it was announced (months prior)
  • Told us song titles Tonto/Perhaps/Going Doen YEARS before we Village Leaks
  • Told us Doc McGee had been fired
  • Told us the details of a proposed Better video with puppets (verified by the director when fans reached out to him)
  • Told us GNR had offered a lead guitar spot to a female (verified when Orianthi told fans she was offered the part)
  • Told us GNR were playing Coachella prior to announcement

Plans do change.

Do you think the masterplan was reunite the band and release Silkworms??

They likely planned to reunite and record a new record.  The plan likely evolved as follows:

• Re unite, big tour then new album of new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • New album of new songs changed to hybrid album of old demos and new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • Album of old demos (except he wouldn't finish lyrics or record new vocals)
  • EP of old demos and covers  (but he wouldn't record the covers)
  • EP of old demos and live stuff 

I was dreaming when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pele said:

They likely planned to reunite and record a new record.  The plan likely evolved as follows:

• Re unite, big tour then new album of new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • New album of new songs changed to hybrid album of old demos and new songs (but he didn't write new songs)
  • Album of old demos (except he wouldn't finish lyrics or record new vocals)
  • EP of old demos and covers  (but he wouldn't record the covers)
  • EP of old demos and live stuff 

I agree with this. Not sure why people rip on your theory’s so much tbh. Axl, as great as he is, is clearly lazy when it comes to writing or recording new material. He’s obviously not one of those artists who enjoys being in the studio.

I think these standalone singles are merely to promote the ongoing tour and to keep hardcore fans interested in the band. I honestly don’t think Axl has any intentions of writing and recording NEW material at this stage of his career. Sure, he’ll let others finish off his work from 20 years ago but I think that’s it. I’m guessing a couple more old updated standalone singles will get put out on the next tour and then honestly I think Axl will retire after that. His voice is shot to shit, he’s not getting any younger and he’s obviously made a fuck load of cash from this tour. Reuniting with Slash and Duff feels like a bookend on the whole GNR story. 

Sorry I know this isn’t what fans want to hear and I hope it doesn’t happen but it’s my gut instinct and all good things must come to an end.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

As noted earlier in the thread - interesting that @Fernandocommented that ‘releases are starting to be slotted’…after the last month or so that certainly gives optimism some other stuff is on the way. 

I am very confident the band intends to release more new music, but it will take awhile. We can afford to be optimistic. 

• Like 1

Just saw this under YouTube comments, one person has written that according to Slash the new album will be out in December. 

I guess its just someone writing bullshit without any source

No interview with Slash recently?

Hope he will talk about GNR also when he get interviewed for new Conspirator record

1 minute ago, betterman said:

Just saw this under YouTube comments, one person has written that according to Slash the new album will be out in December. 

Hope he will talk about GNR also when he get interviewed for new Conspirator record

i thought it was feb

On 9/26/2021 at 7:35 AM, circusboy666 said:

That sounds like a PERFECT idea. You please all old school fans and newer fans with an album of brand new songs. Then the die hard Axl loyalists who stuck around from 96-08 get treated with the CD remainders as singles. As close as you can get to pleasing everyone.

I'd rather have the CD stuff as it was back in 96-14.

But anything is better than nothing.

I still believe the next album will mostly, if not exclusively be a re-worked CD2. The two new singles so far indicate that. 

26 minutes ago, betterman said:

Which video is this? Don't need to post the link, just tell me what to search for.

52 minutes ago, betterman said:

It was on this video?