The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Possible, yes! likely? no.. but I'd love it happened. I think the single releases have proven that the interest levels are a little low, despite the constant speculation. I mean they need to promote this music. They firmly believe their brand is so big that it needs no extra push to get attention. True, they get attention easily! but Hard Skool has yet to crack 1million on youtube for a band with as much mass appeal as GNR that's disappointing. I can't help but think that number could have been bumped considerably (extra 500k) with even a live performance from one of the current shows that getting streamed to Kimmel or whatever show. Only downside of that is that Axl would need to be on form and you just cannot guarantee he'll be good! especially when the cameras are on. 

My hope is that these new singles put some fire under Axl to continue to release music semi-regularly. The two singles prove that it does not have to be a huge ordeal. 

Coldplay (i don't  like it) released a single  the same day and it's  on 31M views already, with an album coming at the end of October.

even the remix of that single got 2M views already ( 1 day or so ago).

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah, I don't see how anyone thinking Axl singing Hardschool on a late show would be good advertisement.. Those kind of performances are about as honest as you can get... 

I'd give him a chance. I trust him on a 1 song appearance. Plus late night shows are usually taped so he could can have as many takes as he wants :lol:

1 minute ago, felixGNR said:

Coldplay (i don't  like it) released a single  the same day and it's  on 31M views already, with an album coming at the end of October.

People love hearing Chris Martin trying to hold in his diarrhea

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I like Chinese Democracy but the best thing that could've happened to the album was a later release in some form like the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson's Smile. Obviously the record label and Axl couldn't agree and it came out as it did, but it was simultaneously both unfinished and overcooked because Rose is not a natural compromiser. There may be sessions we haven't heard that happened later in Nu GnR.

Well I believe Bumblefoot and Ashba both confirmed that no collaborative writing/recording as. Band took place in the 2009-2014 timeframe. Though I suppose it’s possible that stuff happened in 2002-2007 that we still don’t know about.

23 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Why don't you start an own topic in which you can discuss your concerns regarding Axl's behaviors and abilities with everyone who wants to be part of your pathetic claims instead of contaminating every thread with your bullshit. 

It's not even about if your claims are true or not, it's just annoying to spam the forum like this. 

Obviously you don't even care about sharing your honest opinion, you're just here for trolling. 

Wot he said

37 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Yes but Coldplay are the industry faves. They get played on the wireless and get invited on shows. Tbh The Guns are fighting an uphill battle. I have tried requesting Hard skool I'm the in UK and a lot of stations just refuse to play it, refuse to acknowledge it etc. 

39 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

I'd give him a chance. I trust him on a 1 song appearance. Plus late night shows are usually taped so he could can have as many takes as he wants :lol:

People love hearing Chris Martin trying to hold in his diarrhea

There is only one person I enjoyed seeing on late night shows and that was Prince. But obviously you had a level of professionalism and musicianship. 

• Like 1

After hearing Hard Skool, I’m really nervous the new album is going to kinda suck. I’m sure the songs will be solid, but Absurd and Hard Skool are mixed like crap. And Frank’s drumming on Hard Skool…. yikes. I know the guy is a good drummer but he simply does not vibe with this band. I don’t really get what Axl’s thinking insisting they use him

Was reading an interview with Perry Farrell today, and, when asked about a new album, he said something to the effect of, "I would think songs, singles, not so much album."

Obviously, Jane's plans have no bearing on what Guns may or may not do, but, I did find it an interesting strategy from a band of GN'R's generational peers.

I know there are still plenty of album-oriented legacy bands out there, like Purple, AC/DC, Priest, Maiden, etc., but, in an era where so few people still buy albums (I sure do), maybe we do get three or four mini-singles/"EPs", with a couple of new songs each.

If that was the plan moving forward, would y'all be cool with that, or no?

18 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Was reading an interview with Perry Farrell today, and, when asked about a new album, he said something to the effect of, "I would think songs, singles, not so much album."

Obviously, Jane's plans have no bearing on what Guns may or may not do, but, I did find it an interesting strategy from a band of GN'R's generational peers.

I know there are still plenty of album-oriented legacy bands out there, like Purple, AC/DC, Priest, Maiden, etc., but, in an era where so few people still buy albums (I sure do), maybe we do get three or four mini-singles/"EPs", with a couple of new songs each.

I would be happy with that. Throw us a double single every year or so and we have a pretty good thing going on. The shows stay fresh, hardcore fans are thrown a bone, and after so many years we pretty much have a new album.

2022: Perhaps/Atlas

2023: General/Soulmonster

2024: Seven/Zodiac

20 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I think they should keep doing the singles but I think one final album to close out their career would be good. 

• Like 1

I kind of hate that they are releasing the substandard crap like they have been instead of a true comeback single that sounds like the GNR people expect to hear.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and this approach makes it seem like this is the best stuff they have.

I can't believe after waiting so long how indifferent I am to this, but the cut and paste stuff just isn't working for me.

I wish Axl would move on and stop trying to put lipstick on the pig that was the Nu-GNR era by continuing to force this crap instead of just recording some new songs from scratch. It is the only reason we have to put up with Frank and the rest of the holdovers from that era. Axl is still trying to convince himself he didn't waste 20+ of the prime years of his career on that, so he keeps refusing to just move on from it as if one day he will get a gold star and validation that it was all worth it.

This half ass approach just kind of sucks and takes the fun out of what would otherwise be a wildly exciting time getting new music.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I would be happy with that. Throw us a double single every year or so and we have a pretty good thing going on. The shows stay fresh, hardcore fans are thrown a bone, and after so many years we pretty much have a new album.

2022: Perhaps/Atlas

2023: General/Soulmonster

2024: Seven/Zodiac

Man, even seeing these old ass song names again and again  is a drag. 

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Naupis said:

I kind of hate that they are releasing the substandard crap like they have been instead of a true comeback single that sounds like the GNR people expect to hear.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and this approach makes it seem like this is the best stuff they have.

I can't believe after waiting so long how indifferent I am to this, but the cut and paste stuff just isn't working for me.

I wish Axl would move on and stop trying to put lipstick on the pig that was the Nu-GNR era by continuing to force this crap instead of just recording some new songs from scratch. It is the only reason we have to put up with Frank and the rest of the holdovers from that era. Axl is still trying to convince himself he didn't waste 20+ of the prime years of his career on that, so he keeps refusing to just move on from it as if one day he will get a gold star and validation that it was all worth it.

This half ass approach just kind of sucks and takes the fun out of what would otherwise be a wildly exciting time getting new music.

I do get what you are saying here. I think Hard Skool is actually a good song, and Slash's contributions have dramatically improved the demo version. But the production really takes it down a notch or two. And there is no getting away from it... this copy and paste approach to recording is not great at all. It really shows at points.  

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Man, even seeing these old ass song names again and again  is a drag. 

After new music at all, I think the most important thing is not how they release something, but what they release and I hope it's something new and more mature than Hard Skool. Even if it's a ballad with Piano and some awesome guitar.

Edited by Free Bird

9 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

I do get what you are saying here. I think Hard Skool is actually a good song, and Slash's contributions have dramatically improved the demo version. But the production really takes it down a notch or two. And there is no getting away from it... this copy and paste approach to recording is not great at all. It really shows at points.  

I don't get what is up in Axl's mind. You might think he's a perfectionist needing a decate and more for a release but than the production is half assed. That doesn't make sense at all. All these Axl-vs-Slash-arguments about quality instead of quantity. I really hope they start to make things right again.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I don't get what is up in Axl's mind. You might think he's a perfectionist needing a decate and more for a release but than the production is half assed. That doesn't make sense at all. All these Axl-vs-Slash-arguments about quality instead of quantity. I really hope they start to make things right again.

Yup agreed. And that was my eventual issue with Chinese Democracy as well. He spent years tinkering away on something, and in the end I found it a sonic mess. I mean, it sounds better than the recent releases but that ain't saying much!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

To "The Chairman",

Thank you for everything you gave us. If it wasn't you, those "official" releases and what's coming, wouldn't had happen.

It would be funnier if we all just said who The Chairman was.

Also the physical releases of the SINGLE shipping in February and June aren't a release. This digital and streaming rollout with banner ads on social media and billboards in Time Square is the release. The pre-order sales and shipment of a physical product is for hardcore fans. Only hardcore fans are buying a single on CD, 7" or Casette in 2021 - it's more like niche merch for fans than a release of music. The release of music is what's happening right now. Those products not shipping until February & June means nothing.

If an album were to launch in December, you won't be holding a CD until a few weeks later and a vinyl until a few months later. That's how things work for almost all artists these days. Those products end up in the hands of people who want them once the release is over.

Edited by Axl S
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

40 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Yup agreed. And that was my eventual issue with Chinese Democracy as well. He spent years tinkering away on something, and in the end I found it a sonic mess. I mean, it sounds better than the recent releases but that ain't saying much!

Does the radio edit sound better? I keep seeing different people saying it’s a different mix - but haven’t heard it on the bloody radio to confirm!

I know it’s edited to be shortened but wonder if the mix is actually different/better?