The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

So…the prospect of a GNR album this year has been pretty much dashed, no?

For a band that’s released 2 singles in the last two months, new music hype has sure tapered down pretty dramatically in the last week or so. 

15 hours ago, sofine11 said:

So…the prospect of a GNR album this year has been pretty much dashed, no?

For a band that’s released 2 singles in the last two months, new music hype has sure tapered down pretty dramatically in the last week or so. 

Of course.

By picking Silkworms and Hard Skool - he has made it abundantly clear to anyone with a brain that he isn't working o new material.

He'll use Atlas Shrugged to promote the next leg of the tour and we'll go through the same dance again, with people offering $5000 bets that he has actually recorded other songs while he continues to recycle the Village Tapes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I still can't believe that the most recent studio vocals we have from Axl are from a bloody Looney Tunes episode.

I still can't believe the first new song with Slash is fucking Silkworms 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I still can't believe that the most recent studio vocals we have from Axl are from a bloody Looney Tunes episode.

Honestly it is like the most appropriate thing for GNR since 2001, I would expect nothing less :lol:  Hell Axl's vocals on Sebastion Bach's album Angel Down were more recent than 90 percent of Chinese which was released after it lmao

I'm now convinced we'll recieve a new album at some point next year. Hard Skool demonstrated they can still throw a great song together and having seen them 3 times on the We're F'n Back tour I saw nothing that made me think Axl still can't belt it out, especially in the recording studio.

I've been a skeptic but now I'm a believer.

• Like 1

I just went threw all the remaining unreleased tunes we know about and came to this conclusion:

Songs that definitely have finished vocals

Atlas Shrugged

Perhaps

Songs which most likely have finished vocals

The General

Soul Monster

Berlin

Zodiac

Children of the Revolution

Songs which SORTA have finished vocals

Quick Song (jibberish)

State of Grace (jibberish towards the end)

Nothing (same line repeated)

Eye on You (already partially folded into HardSkool)

Going Down (Tommy singing)

Save Me (Tommy singing)

Down By the Ocean (Izzy/Duff)

Tooth Puller (Izzy/Duff)

Other songs that a certain someone implied had finished vocals in 2011

Light My Fire

Cuban Skies

Monstrosity

Thyme (with PRL, I guess?)

Tonto

Other songs mentioned in that 2007 tracklist that looked kinda real

Ides of March

Seven

…When looking back through all that, I’m starting to think that more singles/EPs instead of an album is the road they’ll take, since it looks like only 7 songs (that we know of) at most have finished vocals anyways. That said, I’d love to be proven wrong.

Edited by rocknroll41

27 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

what song is this just never heard it before

It’s a T-Rex song that apparently GnR recorded a cover of a few years back for a tribute album but Kesha’s version was chosen over theirs or something.

Edited by rocknroll41

47 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I just went threw all the remaining unreleased tunes we know about and came to this conclusion:

Atlas Shrugged

Perhaps

The General

Soul Monster

Berlin

Zodiac

Quick Song (jibberish)

Save Me (Tommy singing)

Tooth Puller (Izzy/Duff)

Light My Fire

Cuban Skies

Monstrosity

Tonto

Ides of March

Seven

…When looking back through all that, I’m starting to think that more singles/EPs instead of an album is the road they’ll take, since it looks like only 7 songs (that we know of) at most have finished vocals anyways. That said, I’d love to be proven wrong.

This is an impressive amount of information. I haven't always had my finger on the pulse regarding leaks over the last 10 years. How do you know about these titles?

4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s a T-Rex song that apparently GnR recorded a cover of a few years back for a tribute album but Kesha’s version was chosen over theirs or something.

The rumour that GnR recorded Children of the Revolution was officially refuted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

This is an impressive amount of information. I haven't always had my finger on the pulse regarding leaks over the last 10 years. How do you know about these titles?

Thanks. It’s because I’m a nerd with no life. :)

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The rumour that GnR recorded Children of the Revolution was officially refuted.

Oh sorry I must’ve missed that. Source?

5 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

You would think that if they drop 2 singles it's because they are including them in an álbum. But then this EP thing came and RIP New GNR Album

Could be a good thing, at least in theory. Get the "b-sides" out of the way before the real thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Atlas Shrugged

Perhaps

The General

Soul Monster

Berlin

Zodiac

Quick Song (jibberish)

Save Me (Tommy singing)

Tooth Puller (Izzy/Duff)

Light My Fire

Cuban Skies

Monstrosity

Tonto

Ides of March

Seven

Was it Slash who said a few years ago  regarding a new album that they had some material but were trying to figure out how to release it? If so, I think a decent theory could be that he meant they only had a set amount of finished vocals to work with and maybe it was something like 6-7 songs. More than an EP but not enough for a full album. Doesn’t explain why Axl couldn’t get off his ass to record more vocals, but could explain just releasing songs on a one off basis to keep the bands blood flowing to promote tours (the real $ maker). Hopefully the theory isn’t totally correct though as it would mean (For whatever dumbass reason) Axl is done as a recording artist.

• Like 1