The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?

14 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I'm seriously not trying to go back and forth, but if these pressing plants weren't so backed up because of Covid and lack of room/help, none of these releases would be delayed. The Metallica box was bigger than Nirvana's and came out on it's release date because they have their own plant. There certainly shouldn't be a 9 month delay on a 7" single, and wouldn't be if the band took care of their business in a timely manner, but the problems are there and apparently getting worse. I read an article last week saying that one pressing plant isn't taking in any new orders until at least mid-2022, which sucks as a collector.

Holy shee.mid-2022??  That really sucks.  Lucky for GN'R, they won't have a new album by then, so, they'll have nothing more to press:lol:

Sounds like they had better start making proper plans now for the second 2-song single releasing in the Fall of 2022, though! :P

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

They’re really promoting the hell out of this EP thing, and that’s a bit of a red flag. 

If no album drops by November, I think it’s safe to say that the best we can hope for is an “Atlas Shrugged EP” in mid to late 2022. Not exactly ideal. 😕

Why "it's safe to say?"

At this point, what seems more plausible and realistic, all things considered (no pun intended), is Slash album (already announced) and tour in the first half of 2022 and GnR album and tour in the second half.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Why "it's safe to say?"

At this point, what seems more plausible and realistic, all things considered (no pun intended), is Slash album (already announced) and tour in the first half of 2022 and GnR album and tour in the second half.

That's what I think will happen too if nothing more comes out this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

Holy shee.mid-2022??  That really sucks.  Lucky for GN'R, they won't have a new album by then, so, they'll have nothing more to press:lol:

Sounds like they had better start making proper plans now for the second 2-song single releasing in the Fall of 2022, though! :P

Haha...isn't that the truth!

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Why "it's safe to say?"

This is something that I hope for but I can't see no hints for that other than the typical GNR-fan-ism which is: 'That’s the right time for *insert random event* because of *insert random explanation*'

Don't get me wrong, with every other band I'd say you're right, but we're talking about GNR and Axl Rose here. A single release is huge, but it doesn't mean there's more to come by any means. Like take what you get, thats all we have...

Still I hope your overall knowledge of this band allows you a more in-depth look than me and your gut feeling (if that's all you're relying on) is  nearer to the truth than mine.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sofine11 said:

They’re really promoting the hell out of this EP thing, and that’s a bit of a red flag. 

If no album drops by November, I think it’s safe to say that the best we can hope for is an “Atlas Shrugged EP” in mid to late 2022. Not exactly ideal. 😕

They just put it on the social media and are working on a physical release. To promote the hell out of it, they'd have to a) make a proper video clip, b) give interviews, c) appear on some TV or web or something. None of these things have happened, and they are going the old safe Axl way, i.e. no publicity other than playing it live. Still cool, I'm glad something is happening, but it's far from a normal - let alone ideal - situation. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The band intends to release more new music. 

Any new confirmation of this? 

16 hours ago, sofine11 said:

If no album drops by November, I think it’s safe to say that the best we can hope for is an “Atlas Shrugged EP” in mid to late 2022. Not exactly ideal. 

What makes you think album by NOV? and why did you say AS? 

As much as I love AS, it would not be strong enough for single, but then again, they released Silkworms 😂 

Do any of my Aussie (and maybe Kiwi) mates here remember Regurgitator and Band in a Bubble? For the uninitiated, Regurgitator is an electro-pop-rock band that was locked inside a glass recording studio in Melbourne and forced to make an album in 21 days. They were recorded live on tv, 24/7, for the whole country to watch. They should lock GN'R in a bubble and do the same, lol.

Here's an overview:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Do any of my Aussie (and maybe Kiwi) mates here remember Regurgitator and Band in a Bubble? For the uninitiated, Regurgitator is an electro-pop-rock band that was locked inside a glass recording studio in Melbourne and forced to make an album in 21 days. They were recorded live on tv, 24/7, for the whole country to watch. They should lock GN'R in a bubble and do the same, lol.

Here's an overview:

This is like a direct opposite of Axl’s life when they aren’t touring :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

So…the prospect of a GNR album this year has been pretty much dashed, no?

For a band that’s released 2 singles in the last two months, new music hype has sure tapered down pretty dramatically in the last week or so. 

15 hours ago, sofine11 said:

So…the prospect of a GNR album this year has been pretty much dashed, no?

For a band that’s released 2 singles in the last two months, new music hype has sure tapered down pretty dramatically in the last week or so. 

Of course.

By picking Silkworms and Hard Skool - he has made it abundantly clear to anyone with a brain that he isn't working o new material.

He'll use Atlas Shrugged to promote the next leg of the tour and we'll go through the same dance again, with people offering $5000 bets that he has actually recorded other songs while he continues to recycle the Village Tapes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I still can't believe that the most recent studio vocals we have from Axl are from a bloody Looney Tunes episode.

With the next most recent being Blood in tha watch, oooooo, blood in tha watah

11 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I still can't believe that the most recent studio vocals we have from Axl are from a bloody Looney Tunes episode.

I still can't believe the first new song with Slash is fucking Silkworms 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Honestly it is like the most appropriate thing for GNR since 2001, I would expect nothing less :lol:  Hell Axl's vocals on Sebastion Bach's album Angel Down were more recent than 90 percent of Chinese which was released after it lmao

I'm now convinced we'll recieve a new album at some point next year. Hard Skool demonstrated they can still throw a great song together and having seen them 3 times on the We're F'n Back tour I saw nothing that made me think Axl still can't belt it out, especially in the recording studio.

I've been a skeptic but now I'm a believer.

• Like 1

I just went threw all the remaining unreleased tunes we know about and came to this conclusion:

Songs that definitely have finished vocals

Atlas Shrugged

Perhaps

Songs which most likely have finished vocals

The General

Soul Monster

Berlin

Zodiac

Children of the Revolution

Songs which SORTA have finished vocals

Quick Song (jibberish)

State of Grace (jibberish towards the end)

Nothing (same line repeated)

Eye on You (already partially folded into HardSkool)

Going Down (Tommy singing)

Save Me (Tommy singing)

Down By the Ocean (Izzy/Duff)

Tooth Puller (Izzy/Duff)

Other songs that a certain someone implied had finished vocals in 2011

Light My Fire

Cuban Skies

Monstrosity

Thyme (with PRL, I guess?)

Tonto

Other songs mentioned in that 2007 tracklist that looked kinda real

Ides of March

Seven

…When looking back through all that, I’m starting to think that more singles/EPs instead of an album is the road they’ll take, since it looks like only 7 songs (that we know of) at most have finished vocals anyways. That said, I’d love to be proven wrong.

Edited by rocknroll41

11 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Axl also recorded vocals for Blood In The Water. Not a lot, but it's something. Maybe he recorded more, and just sampled it for that remix. 

Yeah I wasn’t sure whether to even count Blood in the Water as a separate song or not.

• Like 1

• janrichmond changed the title to The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?
  • alfierose pinned this topic