The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

24 minutes ago, Pele said:

It would also be a huge FY to any fan who had been patiently waiting for a new album with some good songs.

It's horrendously insulting to release a 'new' song that he knows the fanbase already hates, simply because he couldn't be bothered to record any new vocals, but it's like Stockholm Syndrome here.  The expectation is so low you are grateful for a 20 year old throwaway and all is forgiven.

Silkworms was not a throwaway, to Axl at least. Maybe in the eyes of fans, which is fair, but Axl played it live 4 times in 2001 and was always pretty excited about it, and said he wanted to release it as a single many times. I don’t think it was a throwaway in his eyes.

• Thanks 1

So I took the time to look up all the codes for Chinese Democracy as a reference 

Chinese Democracy - USUM70842892

Shackler’s Revenge - USUM70842907

Better - USUM70842891

Street of Dreams - USUM70842909

If the World - USUM70842903

There Was a Time - USUM70842910

Catcher in the Rye - USUM70842912

Scraped - USUM70842913

Riad N the Bedouins - USUM70842906

Sorry - USUM70842908

I.R.S. - USUM70842902

Madagascar - USUM70842904

This I Love - USUM70842911

Prostitute - USUM70842905

So all the codes are within a specific range together, which could be a good sign for a new album with HS and Absurd imo but who knows. One thing I’ve noticed tho is they are definitely not in order and there are missing numbers so it’s not confirmed that there’s an album with 11 tracks separating the songs

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, slash23579 said:

So I took the time to look up all the codes for Chinese Democracy as a reference 

Better - USUM70842891

Scraped - USUM70842913

Sorry - USUM70842908

I.R.S. - USUM70842902

So all the codes are within a specific range together, which could be a good sign for a new album with HS and Absurd imo but who knows. One thing I’ve noticed tho is they are definitely not in order and there are missing numbers so it’s not confirmed that there’s an album with 11 tracks separating the songs

Glancing at this, it seems they’re all part of the same consecutive batch, no?

If that’s the case, then we’re like still onto something. 

Just now, sofine11 said:

Glancing at this, it seems they’re all part of the same consecutive batch, no?

If that’s the case, then we’re like still onto something. 

It could definitely be something for sure. It could also maybe just be that they’re on the same “EP” and that’s the only reason. We’ll have to see what codes the live tracks get to get a better idea I think

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Silkworms was not a throwaway, to Axl at least. Maybe in the eyes of fans, which is fair, but Axl played it live 4 times in 2001 and was always pretty excited about it, and said he wanted to release it as a single many times. I don’t think it was a throwaway in his eyes.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he even said that it was going to be on the next album at one point when asked, and that was quite a bit after CD released if I recall correctly. I doubt any of us believed it when he said it but he's been pretty consistent in that regard.

Edited by Jw224

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It would only be half as bad as closing the Illusions with My World.

Ha, I’d say the other way round, but ok. 

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Why should anyone feel insulted by what a band decides to release, or even less the order of tracks? 

Come on dude, it sounds like the good ole "the band doesn’t owe you anything". I mean, you don’t have to always defend them like we’re at htgth. Look at it from those casuals’ p. o. v. They’d been put off by whatever Axl was doing during all those "Nu" years, which – as far as they're concerned – were years when GN’R didn’t exist; then they heard the wonderful news, finally saw those two or three together on one stage, nicely standing next to each other; and having expected some first good rocker, some indicator this is the real deal, they got slapped in the face with Silkworms (I don’t literally hate the tune, the lyrics are quirky, I just think this would be the last song to go for out of all the shelf stuff) – and not only as the first single, but also as the heavily expected, prayed for reunion/comeback album opener? 
I’m telling you, they’d be quite annoyed. 
And from the musical point of view, Absurd would be a terrible opener anyway. 

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I know I love it. 😂

Good on you! To each their own, after all. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

You are essentially like a dude who goes to a Chocolate Ice cream forum(s) to simply remind everyone how much you hate Chocolate Icecream.

You are self-aware enough to see that, right? 😳

I'm like a dude who goes to the forum of a company who made chocolate ice cream ten years ago, who would love to have it again but knows the recipe is lost, and gets annoyed when the manufacturers pretend that they are going to make some more.

What would the album be called?

1 minute ago, Pele said:

I'm like a dude who goes to the forum of a company who made chocolate ice cream ten years ago, who would love to have it again but knows the recipe is lost, and gets annoyed when the manufacturers pretend that they are going to make some more.

Oh man I hate when that happens!! 

Edited by opalho

3 hours ago, Pele said:

I think you’re smarter than that. I think you completely understand how this operation works here and now. You don’t like it. Everything in 10 years has been dog shit for you. That’s your right, no doubt about it. I just don’t understand what you get out of making different versions of the same gripe ad nauseam, with literally no caveats that you may enjoy anything GNR from now until you die. It’s a bummer and I just don’t get it.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Someone to tell me what the fuck is going on !
Goddamn it ! :lol:

Some of us got together and hired a team of autistic savants to hack Universal’s database to see if an album was imminent. Their findings were impressive. This is what Fernando Lebeis has reduced the GNR fan base to. 

• ABSUЯD 1

2 hours ago, slash23579 said:

Better - USUM70842891

Scraped - USUM70842913

Sorry - USUM70842908

I.R.S. - USUM70842902

So in order:

Better - USUM70842891 (planned as a single/video for a while)
Chinese Democracy - USUM70842892 (single)
(gap)
I.R.S. - USUM70842902
Sorry - USUM70842908
Scraped - USUM70842913 (last song recorded/finished?)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

The order in which the songs were uploaded to the IRSC database don't necessarily mean to be the album order.

Just checked and yes, between USUG12103950 (Absurd) and USUG12103961 (Hard Skool) it's all in blank. But also between HS and USUG12103973. That's 23 spots between Absurd and the first result after Hard Skool.

Double album confirmed 

Once again, as silly as this may seem to some, this is solid evidence that a large scale release is coming. You literally can’t argue with what it looks like. If this were literally any other band, you could probably safely bet your life savings that this means an album is coming soon. But we’ve been burned so many times we just can’t take it at face value. 😂

4 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

Double album confirmed 

Probably more like different versions with different extras. 

Edited by sofine11