Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

We had a glimpse of hope for a new album with Absurd and Hard Skool. 

But now? What's the deal?

 

Yeah, I really thought the single releases were a prelude to a new record. Then I realised that this is GnR we’re talking about and the ‘EP’ (if that’s what people want to call it!) is just a way of keeping the hard cores ‘happy’ whilst they decide whether they do actually ever want to release an album that was finished over 2 years ago :max:

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I mean, after Duff's last solo album, Slash's Anastasia and CD's TWAT, for example, it would be a pity, if they would release a record with those songs on it, because they can write stuff that is so much better.

 

Anastasia was awesome but I can't say I liked any of the last efforts by all 3 of those guys.. I have followed everything Slash has done since he left Gn'R but I didn't think Living the Dream was very good at all. .. As bad as I thought Living the Dream and CD were they sound like masterpieces compared to Tenderness though. I had tickets to see Duff on that tour and dumped them as soon as I heard it...

Together I would hope they could produce better music than that but who knows..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anastasia was awesome but I can't say I liked any of the last efforts by all 3 of those guys.. I have followed everything Slash has done since he left Gn'R but I didn't think Living the Dream was very good at all. .. As bad as I thought Living the Dream and CD were they sound like masterpieces compared to Tenderness though. I had tickets to see Duff on that tour and dumped them as soon as I heard it...

Together I would hope they could produce better music than that but who knows..

While waiting for the new SMKC single I revisited Living The Dream and I really dig it. I still don’t like the first few singles but songs like TOYLIG, Lost Inside The Girl, Great Pretender, Serve You Right, Read Between The Lines are songs that I really like to listen to. Slash wrote some really tasty guitar leads right there. I don’t know how much Axl has left in his tank but if he manages to move his ass up into the studio and Slash's able to uphold his level than chances for a good record aren't that low, I guess. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

While waiting for the new SMKC single I revisited Living The Dream and I really dig it. I still don’t like the first few singles but songs like TOYLIG, Lost Inside The Girl, Great Pretender, Serve You Right, Read Between The Lines are songs that I really like to listen to. Slash wrote some really tasty guitar leads right there. I don’t know how much Axl has left in his tank but if he manages to move his ass up into the studio and Slash's able to uphold his level than chances for a good record aren't that low, I guess. 

The Great Pretender is... Great lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

Isn't that just probably the Hard Skool "EP"?

Probably, although the Hard Skool vinyl is not an "EP"/maxi single, it's just a 7'' single. Also, if I have understood correctly, the HS physical releases are exclusive to the GnR store, so they aren't going to be released in the retail market.

They have a listing for CD format, too:

https://platekompaniet.no/cd/nytt-album4/

There are similar listings for upcoming albums by Adele, Rihanna, etc.

EDIT: The store sells bootlegs, too, so it may just be a new bootleg release.

Edited by Blackstar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

 

EDIT: The store sells bootlegs, too, so it may just be a new bootleg release.

Probably bootlegs of Hard Skool lol

The excitement remains at a minimun.

I've changed my stance and at this point I'm fine thinking that they may never release an LP. At least I have seen and listened to how Slash and Duff sounded on a GN'R song in 2021, even though Axl's vocals are old. Them working on a song and actually releasing it is probably enough for me. 

If a new record arrives good. If not then okay. My excitement for a new record is now focused on the chili peppers with JF.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Probabilmente bootleg di Hard Skool lol

L'eccitazione rimane al minimo.

Ho cambiato la mia posizione ea questo punto sto bene pensando che potrebbero non pubblicare mai un LP. Almeno ho visto e ascoltato come suonavano Slash e Duff in una canzone dei GN'R nel 2021, anche se la voce di Axl è vecchia. Loro lavorare su una canzone e rilasciarla in realtà è probabilmente abbastanza per me. 

Se un nuovo record arriva bene. Se no allora va bene. La mia eccitazione per un nuovo disco è ora concentrata sui peperoncini con JF.

RHCP album in May 2022 🤘

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, betterman said:

I think its kind of a placeholder when there is substantial rumors of a new release, they may have got something directly from the label though..

Yes, I believe this is the case.

Question is (like you mentioned), do they get early hints from the label?

The list of artists they've created placeholders for is quite short.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2021 at 7:32 PM, Towelie said:

here was once a time when GNR announcing a new record would've been near the top of my wishlist in life, but these days, great if it happens, but I ain't that bothered if it doesn't.

I hear you, I used to pray that I didn't die before CD came out as I was waiting for the follow up since 1996. Unfortunately A/HS has shattered my high expectations.  With saying that I hold the village leaks in high regard as a fascinating period piece that I listen to as a treat every weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

Yes, I believe this is the case.

Question is (like you mentioned), do they get early hints from the label?

The list of artists they've created placeholders for is quite short.

The placeholder is for a 2022 release anyway, and it's quite likely that an album will be released at some point in 2022 (or at least I'm convinced that something will be released in 2022 - I mean other than the physical releases of Hard Skool/Absurd).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This wouldn't be the first time platekompaniet has done something similar. To me, it seems like they listen to rumours and not only labels. Still, they could still have acted on a rumour now AND at the same time a new release could happen in 2022.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, betterman said:

I think its kind of a placeholder when there is substantial rumors of a new release, they may have got something directly from the label though..

And here we are, back to obscure music retailers listing "TBD" GNR albums for the following year.  Life sure is circular. :facepalm:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, sofine11 said:

And here we are, back to obscure music retailers listing "TBD" GNR albums for the following year.  Life sure is circular. :facepalm:

I was just thinking about how we all used to do that here years ago with Chinese Democracy.  Daily checks on the Geffen website etc. There was a date on their website (I don’t remember what) that we counted down the days until it was here and then it came and went without incident.

But I’ve taught myself to keep the faith. I thought CD would never be released and then suddenly there was a tour in 2006, non stop Axl interviews and eventually a new album.

I thought they’d never tour again then suddenly Slash & Duff were back in the band and they were headlining Coachella.

There will be an album.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dally said:

Yea saw it last week while i was browsing coming new releases;)

Did you see it anywhere else too? I’ve tried googling upcoming album releases but have so far drawn a blank (I saw the link I posted on another forum). How did you find it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • janrichmond changed the title to The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...