The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Wow - great find, fellas. The interesting thing I took from the ISRC Handbook quoted on the prior page is that these codes are only to be assigned after the mixing phase.  that's good in terms fo timing for a potential release.  Of course, this is gn'r we're talking about, so these songs may never be released at all.  

• Like 1

Axl likes to tinker with stuff right until a deadline and even pushing those back on both CD and UYI. Unless a release is imminent I don't see them handing over finished mixes. It just doesn't make sense to me to hand them in NOW and not to be able to touch the recordings if the release is like 8 months away. Especially with Axls history of how he works.

So either this is really good news, or there's nothing to it at all.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

20 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Axl likes to tinker with stuff right until a deadline and even pushing those back on both CD and UYI. Unless a release is imminent I don't see them handing over finished mixes. It just doesn't make sense to me to hand them in NOW and not to be able to touch the recordings if the release is like 8 months away. Especially with Axls history of how he works.

So either this is really good news, or there's nothing to it at all.

Pre Absurd I’d agree, but it doesn’t sound like there was any Axl tinkering with those (not counting the pre reunion parts of the songs). Sounds like Duff and Slash spend a few days tops on them, then they all called it a day

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

dude, it sounds like the good ole "the band doesn’t owe you anything". I mean, you don’t have to always defend them like we’re at htgth.

Yes, it does sound like that because that's exactly what it is. And this has nothing to do with GN'R specifically. NO fan of ANY artist should feel insulted when the artist decided to publish/release something they don't like/expected. First of all because that's entitlement of the first order, and secondly because that's being whiny children who can't take little disappointments.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly and I am saying this from personal experience being a longtime GNR fan, nobody should give a single thought or a single care in the world to that database stuff or anything.  Don't even consciously give it any thought, only if an official from-the-camp full album announcement happens lol.  Anything else is a waste of time, and a ticket straight to disappointment

If we care too much about that database shit, we will all be disappointed if a full album doesn't happen.  If we don't even give it a thought, what is the worst that happens?  A new album doesn't happen and we are less disappointed, or a new album does happen and we are pleasantly suprised

Idk maybe it is just because I have been burned too many times, but I am just over the speculation aspect of GNR.  I don't even care at this point, unless an official announcement happens

Yeah. All this stuff...it's nothing until it is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dressedtokill said:

Could not be the songs of the new EP in the different formats? cassette, vinyl and cd?

No, ISRC codes are assigned to the recording, not to the different releases of the same recording (there is another code for that).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

How big is the chance that You're Crazy (live) and Don't Cry (live) of the Hard Skool Single are part of a upcoming Live Album?

Wouldn't that be a let down if the album that Susan is referring to is a live album....... Wait for it.....called NITL 😂. Then pele would be justified in saying "tardah, told you so" 😂 🤣 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1