The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

42 minutes ago, betterman said:

Ok. This probably means that full album or several small releases coming, but I think the release will coincide with the Euro dates next summer, it really makes no sense to release an album now right before Slash solo album

This makes me think that it could actually happen quicker than we think :lol:

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Wouldn't that be a let down if the album that Susan is referring to is a live album....... Wait for it.....called NITL 😂. Then pele would be justified in saying "tardah, told you so" 😂 🤣 

I mean a Live Album somewhere in the future AFTER the studio release which Susan mentioned. I'm pretty sure there will be a Studio release... but I'm a huge fan of Live releases and the two tracks on Hard Skools Single makes me wish to a prober live recording

• Like 1

I wouldn't take this database thing overly seriously. I've looked at similar stuff to this before with other bands (for the same reason) on other similar sites (BMI, ASCAP, PPLUK, etc.) and there's always been gaps between song numberings. I'd look into other newish albums on the site and see if the logic follows.

Since the band treats their music like a military operation, I'd say our best bet is to check Spotify etc. for new titles. Hard School was in the Spotify database some time before the release, it's the usual procedure. As soon as we see a new album on Spotify, even though it might not be available just then, chances are it might be out within the next 2-4 weeks from there on.

8 minutes ago, Brain In A Jar said:

I wouldn't take this database thing overly seriously. I've looked at similar stuff to this before with other bands (for the same reason) on other similar sites (BMI, ASCAP, PPLUK, etc.) and there's always been gaps between song numberings. I'd look into other newish albums on the site and see if the logic follows.

The ISRC database is of different nature than ASCAP etc., though, and the codes are not assigned in the same way.

Here is AC/DC's latest album in the ISRC database:

AC/DC  Demon Fire      2020 3:30 USSM11914747
AC/DC Kick You When You're Down   2020 3:10 USSM11914745
AC/DC Wild Reputation   2020 2:54 USSM11914748
AC/DC Rejection   2020 4:06 USSM11914742
AC/DC No Man's Land   2020 3:39 USSM11914749
AC/DC Code Red   2020 3:31 USSM11914752
AC/DC Shot In The Dark   2020 3:05 USSM11914743
AC/DC Money Shot   2020 3:05 USSM11914751
AC/DC Through The Mists Of Time   2020 3:32 USSM11914744
AC/DC Systems Down   2020 3:12 USSM11914750
AC/DC Realize   2020 3:37 USSM11914741
AC/DC Shot In The Dark   2020 0:30 USSM12006204
AC/DC Witch's Spell   2020 3:42 USSM11914746
  • Wow 1

^^

And Iron Maiden:

Iron Maiden Stratego   2021 5:00 GBCHB2100002
Iron Maiden Senjutsu   2021 8:20 GBCHB2100001
Iron Maiden Death Of The Celts   2021 10:20 GBCHB2100008
Iron Maiden The Writing On The Wall   2021 6:14 GBCHB2100003
Iron Maiden Lost In A Lost World   2021 9:32 GBCHB2100004
Iron Maiden Days Of Future Past   2021 4:04 GBCHB2100005
Iron Maiden The Time Machine   2021 7:09 GBCHB2100006
Iron Maiden Darkest Hour   2021 7:20 GBCHB2100007
Iron Maiden Hell On Earth   2021 11:19 GBCHB2100010
Iron Maiden The Parchment   2021 12:39 GBCHB2100009

18 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Best we can hope for is a digital release first and then physical copies to follow months later, as per the ‘EP’

I think the digital release happens well before (likely multiple) physical releases prob way down the road later in 2022. 

Looking at the Hard Skool single EP, releasing multiple formats with different exclusives puts the “why” behind shelling out more money for a physical CD or record, likely after purchasing the album digitally months before. I actually think it’s pretty cool. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

Just my opinion, but I think releasing the album digitally just before the holidays this year would make perfect business sense. People will buy the shit out of the album and will be buying the physical copies too next year; which will likely drop around the same time as when the tour ramps back up. The band gets its ‘double dip’ and the fans get the music 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Just my opinion, but I think releasing the album digitally just before the holidays this year would make perfect business sense. People will buy the shit out of the album and will be buying the physical copies too next year; which will likely drop around the same time as when the tour ramps back up. The band gets its ‘double dip’ and the fans get the music 

Exactly. It’s the first album of “new” GNR music with Slash & Duff since the 1st Bush administration. People will buy the shit out of it digitally, and FANS will happily buy the physical release(s) as well whenever they materialize. 

Only question now is “When?”.

Just now, GNRfanMILO said:

People will buy the shit of it only if the band and the label decide to do a proper marketing campaign. 

There's a reason why Hard Skool hasn't even surpassed Absurd in views and is being already forgotten with a pathetic amount of 1.6M views, when bands like AC/DC or Iron Maiden are pulling off 5, 6, 7 or even 10 million views per single. And those bands have been around forever, they don't have the Axl+Slash sales boost.

Perhaps. I’m not super concerned with that though. If they can’t be bothered, why should we lose sleep over marketing logistics. Honestly, I just want to hear an album. If they can accomplish that much, I can forgive any promotion apathy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, siraddam said:

Do you think they will release an album before the EP? The EP has already been announced and it's not being released until next year. The album may still be a long way off. Also, why release two songs on an EP that are going to be on the album?

Maybe cuz they know fans like single releases?

14 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Perhaps. I’m not super concerned with that though. If they can’t be bothered, why should we lose sleep over marketing logistics. Honestly, I just want to hear an album. If they can accomplish that much, I can forgive any promotion apathy. 

I agree with this, although it is admittedly frustrating that they do not bother to put the zero effort (for a band like them) it would take to market properly, ultimately I just want the music at this point though.

• Like 1