The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I'm not questioning what you say, but just for clarification:

1. Are you referring to the ISRC code or the UPC product release code? Because the ISRC codes seem to be assigned before a song/album is handed for distribution and they are not related to the release date.

2. When you say, "when I uploaded a complete album all the tracks correlate one after the other, if for example that album had a single that was uploaded months prior it will use that original ISRC," what do you mean exactly? That the single had, for example, an ISRC code ending in ...12 and the album tracks ended in ...13, ...14, and so on? Because if so, that's exactly what we've been talking about. Or do you mean that the songs you uploaded as an album had all the same code, which was the code of the single? In this case, it's the UPC code.

3. How do you explain the blank spots between Absurd and Hard Skool?

1. Im referring to my own experience doing this uploads and to the ISRC codes, and yes they are assigned to a digital track each time you send one to distribution. You can tell your distributor you want the track to be released in two weeks or 4 months, its up to the artist to decide (or label).

2.  I mean that if artist X release a single called "absurd" lets say october it will get its ISRC code, and if the same artist then sends to distribution a full album that has 10 tracks and 1 of them is "absurd" the other 9 tracks will recieve fresh new ISRC codes and the single "absurd" will use the same ISRC code it got when it was release first as a single that way the track can keep its streams and stats.  

3. I cant explain them for sure, I suppose other artists send their digital releases in between yours and get assigned other numbers maybe? 

Hope this helps, im rooting for a new album BTW! 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Walapino said:

1. Im referring to my own experience doing this uploads and to the ISRC codes, and yes they are assigned to a digital track each time you send one to distribution. You can tell your distributor you want the track to be released in two weeks or 4 months, its up to the artist to decide (or label).

2.  I mean that if artist X release a single called "absurd" lets say october it will get its ISRC code, and if the same artist then sends to distribution a full album that has 10 tracks and 1 of them is "absurd" the other 9 tracks will recieve fresh new ISRC codes and the single "absurd" will use the same ISRC code it got when it was release first as a single that way the track can keep its streams and stats.  

3. I cant explain them for sure, I suppose other artists send their digital releases in between yours and get assigned other numbers maybe?

Hope this helps, im rooting for a new album BTW! 

Thank you for your response.

But, like I said in another post, it seems it's different in the case of indie bands with no label, where the ISRC code is assigned by the digital distributor when the music is submitted to them. But in the case of bands that are with a label, the labels assign the codes before the music is handed for distribution, like in the example of AC/DC: the codes were assigned in 2019, the singles and album were released in 2020, the code for the first single ended in ...43 and and the code for the second one ended in ...41.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Just now, Blackstar said:

Thank you for your response.

But, like I said in another post, it seems it's different in the case of indie bands with no label, where the ISRC code is assigned by the digital distributor upon the songs/album are sent. But in the case of bands that are with the label, the labels assign the codes before the music is handed for distribution, like in the example of AC/DC: the codes were assigned in 2019, the singles and album were released in 2020, the code for the first single ended in ...43 and and the code for the second one ended in ...41.

Yes you may be right. It makes sense with ACDC they had the album ready to go by 2019 and then pandemic hit and ruined their original release plans and tour.  When you have a full album ready the ISRC codes are in correlation, as they are probably registered at the same time. With GNR Abusrd and Hard Skool were probably not registered digitally the same day thats why there is a gap, thats what I was trying to explain, in any case I hope the album comes out sooner rather than later! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Walapino said:

Yes you may be right. It makes sense with ACDC they had the album ready to go by 2019 and then pandemic hit and ruined their original release plans and tour.  When you have a full album ready the ISRC codes are in correlation, as they are probably registered at the same time. With GNR Abusrd and Hard Skool were probably not registered digitally the same day thats why there is a gap, thats what I was trying to explain, in any case I hope the album comes out sooner rather than later! 

I got you. But what do you think about the codes in the sequence between Absurd and Hard Skool that appear to be unassigned/blank? The issue we're dealing with here is not the gap itself, but the fact that the in-between codes are missing.

• Like 2

it looks like it's only a matter of time until another Guns album is released. Next year is perfect, they have no reason to wait if the album has been turned over and they want to release it and support it with a tour right away.

I get the feeling Axl is pleased enough with how it turned out, Slash and Duff seem to really have a positive effect on him so even if it doesn't happen next year, I'm still almost certain we'll get another official release in some form and that's amazing.

If Axl wants to continue to release the album piece by piece next year, I'm cool with that as well.

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I got you. But what do you think about the codes in the sequence between Absurd and Hard Skool that appear to be unassigned/blank? The issue we're dealing with here is not the gap itself, but the fact that the in-between codes are missing.

Don’t laugh if this is an absolutely terrible question….what happens if you try to look for a code within the sequence? I take it the database (or whatever it is) doesn’t flag up it’s been earmarked for GNR….if that makes sense?

35 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Don’t laugh if this is an absolutely terrible question….what happens if you try to look for a code within the sequence? I take it the database (or whatever it is) doesn’t flag up it’s been earmarked for GNR….if that makes sense?

It just says "no results found".

But based on the logic of ISRC codes assignment and on examples of other bands, it looks like these codes may have been reserved by Universal for future use.

This is the database, for anyone interested:

https://isrcsearch.ifpi.org/#!/search

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It just says "no results found".

But based on the logic of ISRC codes assignment and on examples of other bands, it looks like these codes may have been reserved by Universal for future use.

This is the database, for anyone interested:

https://isrcsearch.ifpi.org/#!/search

Cheers. Just a random thought that had popped into my head. I must admit - what you and others have deciphered just makes me even more sure it’s ‘when and not if’. And also adds weight to those who have said it’s actually been completed for a while. 👍

When I get on the PC later, I might have a look at the Wayback website and see what that database looked like in advance of the AC/DC and Iron Maiden releases….seeing as we know they were deffo recorded a few years ago and held back.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1