The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I saw November floated by some fan who said they had some inside info... I don't know, it seems unlikely, but not impossible. Biggest question from me is why go to to effort of a physical release of Hard Skool if you're releasing a full album in November. Clearly people are interested in rounding out their GNR collections, and maybe the EP is a very limited release? outside of that I feel like it's a waste of time.... especially when it receives zero promotion.

Also, why double release HardSkool and Absurd on an EP and THEN on an album? Just seems unnecessarily redundant and anticlimactic. 

• Like 1

My biggest fear is that the single comes out in what, 6 months? Are they really going to have that be a choice and than an album drops out of nowhere while we’re waiting for that?? Would this album be late 2022 then? The HS single release fucks all of that in my opinion.

2 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

The mixing and mastering on both Absurd and (mainly) Hard Skool is fucking terrible! Yet again just sounds like a Pro-Tools experiment. Fine for demos but for actual releases I would expect a more organic style recording. 

The Village "rough mixes" sound better to my ears. 

• Like 1

Random thought…we know that the HardSkool EP won’t be out until next spring  (due to pressing plant COVID delays) and that it’s seemingly only available direct through the GnR website. What if, and I know this is a BIG if, but what if the album has been planned for a November ‘21 release all along meaning that the CD’s, vinyl etc will be available on release date. We’ve only just found out about the missing numbers on the ISRC database. It appears that The Killers latest album (released in August) has ISRC codes in a later numerical sequence, so it would appear that the GnR tracks have been submitted to the label for many months.

Only thing countering this is why on earth would they release an EP too? Spur of the moment thing, poor planning or just a desire to cash in on the hardcores?

Edited by gavgnr

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Random thought…we know that the HardSkool EP won’t be out until next spring and that it’s seemingly only available direct through the GnR website. What if, and I know this is a BIG if, but what if the album has been planned for a November ‘21 release all along meaning that the CD’s, vinyl etc will be available on release date. We’ve only just found out about the missing numbers on the ISRC database. It appears that The Killers latest album (released in August) has ISRC codes in a later numerical sequence, so it would appear that the GnR tracks have been submitted to the label for many months.

Only thing countering this is why on earth would they release an EP too? Spur of the moment thing, poor planning or just a desire to cash in on the hardcores?

I bet that the EP is a standalone thing. Neither one of those songs will be on the new album. Or at least I hope so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I know there are some RHCP fans that are miffed at the fact that there is no title, no track list, and no artwork for their album that was put up for pre-order a few days ago. No context other than there is an album coming out.

And yet they are still better off than Guns N’ Roses fans. We have reached 500 pages discussing an album that we don’t even know exists. Our latest exploit is studying literal codes to see if these numbers have any meaning toward even the mere existence of an album. 

It’s sad and hilarious all at once. :lol: 

At the same time, RHCP fans are hyped for consistently getting 65 minute concerts from their band. Granted, it's non-stop 65 minutes of excellence!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Honestly? Money. That's why. I don't even buy physical releases anymore, and I ordered the CD and the vinyl knowing full well I have to wait for almost a year to get it. And if this theoretical album dropped between now and then, I'd cop that too.

I assume "Hard Skool" and "Absurd" will be on the full-length record, but it would be pretty awesome if they weren't. More songs is never a bad thing. Plus, it would make the "EP" we all ordered a little more special.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

At the same time, RHCP fans are hyped for consistently getting 65 minute concerts from their band. Granted, it's non-stop 65 minutes of excellence!

They played for over ninety minutes when I saw them in 2016.

10 minutes ago, SheldonR311 said:

Is it though?

Flea & Josh had plenty of energy.

Sad to see Josh go but John returning was a pleasant surprise.

1 hour ago, Coma16 said:

Yes, they put on a great show. But, you leave the venue like an hour after you got there lol

I'm thinking about seeing RHCP next year when they are at MetLife Stadium. Tickets are pricey at $178. Is it worth it if they play for only 90 minutes? 

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Honestly? Money. That's why. I don't even buy physical releases anymore, and I ordered the CD and the vinyl knowing full well I have to wait for almost a year to get it. And if this theoretical album dropped between now and then, I'd cop that too.

I assume "Hard Skool" and "Absurd" will be on the full-length record, but it would be pretty awesome if they weren't. More songs is never a bad thing. Plus, it would make the "EP" we all ordered a little more special.

Would love it if they weren't on the upcoming record, but history with releases would strongly suggest they are 

• Like 1