The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

46 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I legitimately think 2010 Axl still had ambitions and goals to release new music. Whatever happened to the label and his physical condition/voice between 2010 and RIR ‘11 will always be a mystery and to me, the beginning of the true downfall of GNR.

Whatever ambitions or motivations there may have been, everything’s changed with the reunion. We’re talking about a new era here. People keep saying it’s been the same since 2011 or whatever, but the fact is, 2015/16 was a huge dividing line, and once they stop fucking touring, the motivation etc. will be there. Axl closed a big sore point of his life by reuniting with the cylinder man.

Hell maybe even that jerk-off on Reddit was right and stuff’s being prepared as we speak, although I would personally prefer if their first shows of 2020 were only in March and not already in January, as that sort of diminishes the hopes, doesn’t it.

Something must change next year, they can't just tour the same playlist with a different name. 

13 hours ago, Towelie said:

It's funny how some folks happily accept a band with Melissa Reese, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed as GNR, but any lineup from 01-14 was fake.

If you don't see the difference it's not our fault.

It never was about the Richards, Gilbys or Melissas. It was about Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven. 

5 members > 3 members > 1 member

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Whatever ambitions or motivations there may have been, everything’s changed with the reunion. We’re talking about a new era here. People keep saying it’s been the same since 2011 or whatever, but the fact is, 2015/16 was a huge dividing line, and once they stop fucking touring, the motivation etc. will be there. Axl closed a big sore point of his life by reuniting with the cylinder man.

Hell maybe even that jerk-off on Reddit was right and stuff’s being prepared as we speak, although I would personally prefer if their first shows of 2020 were only in March and not already in January, as that sort of diminishes the hopes, doesn’t it.

Something must change next year, they can't just tour the same playlist with a different name. 

I think next year is do or die for a new release.

4 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think next year is do or die for a new release.

Or at least for a heavily revamped playlist with brand new songs "from the upcoming album". Then a few months plus or minus wouldn’t matter – as long as we know things are really happening.

I'm probably being paranoid but I'm kinda feeling like the 'album in March/April' rumour could have falsely come from the GNR camp purely to sell these upcoming shows.  That would be an absolute masterstroke if true.

Either way, I feel I'm way overdue another GNR gig after all the excitement over the leaks in September.

Bring on Hamburg!!

Edited by jackparker123

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I really think if we go into the 2020 dates without even one new song being played, it's probably game over over for new music at any point even remotely soon. 

Dropping the lead single on Christmas morning would be quite special.

Edited by jackparker123

9 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Fortus replied some dude in Instagram about the status of new music

"I hope we hear new music next year"

Not so optimistic as Fortus usually is :D

Yeah that kinda kills my hope for anything new next year lol.

Still curious what the “next chapter” could even be. Could just be them changing the order of a few songs, adding a cover and a deep cut and bam- it’s an all new show! Could even just be a bad marketing trick. Even if NITL is “over”, it may just be getting repackaged.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah that kinda kills my hope for anything new next year lol.

Still curious what the “next chapter” could even be. Could just be them changing the order of a few songs, adding a cover and a deep cut and bam- it’s an all new show! Could even just be a bad marketing trick. Even if NITL is “over”, it may just be getting repackaged.

Remember in 2017 when they announced more American dates? They really pushed it with promo videos and something along the line of 'the next chapter' things like that? Everyone was anticipating the announcement, and it turned out to be more dates? I have a feeling this could be the same.....

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Remember in 2017 when they announced more American dates? They really pushed it with promo videos and something along the line of 'the next chapter' things like that? Everyone was anticipating the announcement, and it turned out to be more dates? I have a feeling this could be the same.....

Let’s just say, I guarantee anyone who is expecting an all new show is sure going to be let down when they hear the first few notes of Its So Easy come January...

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

Let’s just say, I guarantee anyone who is expecting an all new show is sure going to be let down when they hear the first few notes of Its So Easy come January...

Yeah, I think so too, personally. 

It does sort of feel like the constant dangling of 'maybe there will be new music......; is being used as a lure more than anything else. It would be very naive to expect anything other than the same show I feel. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah, I think so too, personally. 

It does sort of feel like the constant dangling of 'maybe there will be new music......; is being used as a lure more than anything else. It would be very naive to expect anything other than the same show I feel. 

What I personally expect of their definition of a “new show” is maybe changing the order of the setlist, maybe a few stage and background video differences.

But lets real, they may not even do that!

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

What I personally expect of their definition of a “new show” is maybe changing the order of the setlist, maybe a few stage and background video differences.

But lets real, they may not even do that!

I think new lights, backing videos, stage set. At most. Setlist the same. 

Personally I couldn't give much of a damn about the first three- they were at their best in 2011/2012 I think! 

I still consider myself an optimist as it relates to this “new album”. Crazy, I know. I don’t think 2020 is necessarily “do or die” for the release of this supposed full album. But I will admit, I do think it is do or die for at least an announcement of some kind regarding some new music. We keep talking about this March/April release...March/April could easily come and go with no sign or clue of an album existing, much less being released, but that doesn’t mean 2020 is automatically done for. It’s possible that in 2020 we are at least informed (officially, not some reddit post), that something new is coming. Even that doesn’t guarantee anything, I know. But it sure is a heck of a lot better than what we’ve had. 

3 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I still consider myself an optimist as it relates to this “new album”. Crazy, I know. I don’t think 2020 is necessarily “do or die” for the release of this supposed full album. But I will admit, I do think it is do or die for at least an announcement of some kind regarding some new music. We keep talking about this March/April release...March/April could easily come and go with no sign or clue of an album existing, much less being released, but that doesn’t mean 2020 is automatically done for. It’s possible that in 2020 we are at least informed (officially, not some reddit post), that something new is coming. Even that doesn’t guarantee anything, I know. But it sure is a heck of a lot better than what we’ve had. 

I think the problem comes in that the bands management have announced that a new album is coming in March 2020. People are going to be seriously pissed if that doesn't happen, and then 2020 is taken up with tour dates. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I think the problem comes in that the bands management have announced that a new album is coming in March 2020. People are going to be seriously pissed if that doesn't happen, and then 2020 is taken up with tour dates. 

wasn't officially announced and the people who might be seriously pissed will be a few thousand fans on the internet. That won't really affect revenue so they're good.

Just now, Rovim said:

wasn't officially announced and the people who might be seriously pissed will be a few thousand fans on the internet. That won't really affect revenue so they're good.

I don't agree with that at all. Touring the same show WILL affect revenue. The notion that 'it's just a few fans on the internet' that don't want to see a band tour the same stuff for years and years on end is totally invalid, as shown by pretty much every other touring band in the world. 

In fact, I'd argue that most people away from the forums are more surprised by the lack of new material than the people on them. To a lot of my friends who are into music, but not GNR, it's totally incomprehensible why there's been no music, or even a live album. They can't understand it at all, as it's totally alien to the way the industry works. 

If people think casual fans will continue to come out in their droves year after year to see the same tour, they're very naive. The ticket-sales success of the 2017/2018 dates have been due to the 'spectacle' of it, the 'box-ticking' and what really flushes the casuals out- the notion that this is indeed a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. This seems to have been taken by some as 'the new normal' for GNR sales, and something that will continue for ever, but it really isn't. 

As far as the 'not officially announced' thing- OK, but many people take a manager saying it in a publicly viewable medium as 'official', and that's bled into the casual media. Pretty much every article about upcoming tour dates, or even the band, now mentions 'new material coming in 2020'. That idea is in the public domain, not just on forums. 

2 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I'm probably being paranoid but I'm kinda feeling like the 'album in March/April' rumour could have falsely come from the GNR camp purely to sell these upcoming shows.  That would be an absolute masterstroke if true.

Either way, I feel I'm way overdue another GNR gig after all the excitement over the leaks in September.

Bring on Hamburg!!

It would only be a masterstroke if the rumours had been picked up by more than a few hardcore fans on Reddit and assorted GNR forums, who were going to purchase the tickets regardless.

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't agree with that at all. Touring the same show WILL affect revenue. The notion that 'it's just a few fans on the internet' that don't want to see a band tour the same stuff for years and years on end is totally invalid, as shown by pretty much every other touring band in the world. 

In fact, I'd argue that most people away from the forums are more surprised by the lack of new material than the people on them. To a lot of my friends who are into music, but not GNR, it's totally incomprehensible why there's been no music, or even a live album. They can't understand it at all, as it's totally alien to the way the industry works. 

If people think casual fans will continue to come out in their droves year after year to see the same tour, they're very naive. The ticket-sales success of the 2017/2018 dates have been due to the 'spectacle' of it, the 'box-ticking' and what really flushes the casuals out- the notion that this is indeed a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. This seems to have been taken by some as 'the new normal' for GNR sales, and something that will continue for ever, but it really isn't. 

As far as the 'not officially announced' thing- OK, but many people take a manager saying it in a publicly viewable medium as 'official', and that's bled into the casual media. Pretty much every article about upcoming tour dates, or even the band, now mentions 'new material coming in 2020'. That idea is in the public domain, not just on forums. 

They can still tour in 2020 and people will still come to see the same old show with maybe minor differences. The excitement of the reunion will wear off for sure but most people who come to see a Gn'R show do so for the nostalgia/old tunes.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

They can still tour in 2020 and people will still come to see the same old show with maybe minor differences. The excitement of the reunion will wear off for sure but most people who come to see a Gn'R show do so for the nostalgia/old tunes.

I'm not convinced they will to be honest. Maybe I'm wrong on that, but I just can't see it selling too well. Who knows though? 

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

Oh trust me, I maintain that 2011 was only the start of the downfall and set the way for current guns to happen. I believe that 2010 Axl still cared about being an artist, and would not have sold out like he has to this day. In terms of something changing, see quotes above. We’ll probably see a change but it’ll be very minimal.

• Like 1