The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I happen to like the vocal tracks, I just wish the overall mixes were better. I would think an album from the label would be mixed better and properly mastered. 

The mixing and mastering on both Absurd and (mainly) Hard Skool is fucking terrible! Yet again just sounds like a Pro-Tools experiment. Fine for demos but for actual releases I would expect a more organic style recording. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

People will buy the shit of it only if the band and the label decide to do a proper marketing campaign. 

There's a reason why Hard Skool hasn't even surpassed Absurd in views and is being already forgotten with a pathetic amount of 1.6M views, when bands like AC/DC or Iron Maiden are pulling off 5, 6, 7 or even 10 million views per single. And those bands have been around forever, they don't have the Axl+Slash sales boost.

Back in 2016, even a compilation of Slash and Axl farts would've gotten 10M views without advertisement. Now it's too late IMO.

This is going to sound crazy optimistic, but maybe the reason Absurd and HS are released like this is because it's just something they want to put out there on their own, while the real album gets taken care of by the label. Would explain the lack of promotion, they are not going to sink their own money into it.

• Like 2

Well, to be fair, we do have two singles. I don't think the speculation here (which is fun, nobody is taking this seriously, I guess) is all that baseless. 

14 minutes ago, LAGuns87 said:

This is going to sound crazy optimistic, but maybe the reason Absurd and HS are released like this is because it's just something they want to put out there on their own, while the real album gets taken care of by the label. Would explain the lack of promotion, they are not going to sink their own money into it.

I've been thinking the same. Kinda like throw away songs to ease things out somehow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Well, to be fair, we do have two singles. I don't think the speculation here (which is fun, nobody is taking this seriously, I guess) is all that baseless. 

I've been thinking the same. Kinda like throw away songs to ease things out somehow.

I’m sure these two tracks will be on the album, and while “throw away” tracks probably isn’t how they look at them, they could be saving (forgive me) the “big guns” for the album release itself. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I’m sure these two tracks will be on the album, and while “throw away” tracks probably isn’t how they look at them, they could be saving (forgive me) the “big guns” for the album release itself. 

Yes. With Absurd as the opener. 

• ABSUЯD 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I saw November floated by some fan who said they had some inside info... I don't know, it seems unlikely, but not impossible. Biggest question from me is why go to to effort of a physical release of Hard Skool if you're releasing a full album in November. Clearly people are interested in rounding out their GNR collections, and maybe the EP is a very limited release? outside of that I feel like it's a waste of time.... especially when it receives zero promotion.

Also, why double release HardSkool and Absurd on an EP and THEN on an album? Just seems unnecessarily redundant and anticlimactic. 

• Like 1

My biggest fear is that the single comes out in what, 6 months? Are they really going to have that be a choice and than an album drops out of nowhere while we’re waiting for that?? Would this album be late 2022 then? The HS single release fucks all of that in my opinion.

2 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

The mixing and mastering on both Absurd and (mainly) Hard Skool is fucking terrible! Yet again just sounds like a Pro-Tools experiment. Fine for demos but for actual releases I would expect a more organic style recording. 

The Village "rough mixes" sound better to my ears. 

• Like 1

The single/"EP" is just a limited type release for the niche market of diehard fans who also buy singles in physical form and it's available for purchase only on their store. It shouldn't be taken as a "proper" release, in my opinion.

• Like 4

Random thought…we know that the HardSkool EP won’t be out until next spring  (due to pressing plant COVID delays) and that it’s seemingly only available direct through the GnR website. What if, and I know this is a BIG if, but what if the album has been planned for a November ‘21 release all along meaning that the CD’s, vinyl etc will be available on release date. We’ve only just found out about the missing numbers on the ISRC database. It appears that The Killers latest album (released in August) has ISRC codes in a later numerical sequence, so it would appear that the GnR tracks have been submitted to the label for many months.

Only thing countering this is why on earth would they release an EP too? Spur of the moment thing, poor planning or just a desire to cash in on the hardcores?

Edited by gavgnr

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Random thought…we know that the HardSkool EP won’t be out until next spring and that it’s seemingly only available direct through the GnR website. What if, and I know this is a BIG if, but what if the album has been planned for a November ‘21 release all along meaning that the CD’s, vinyl etc will be available on release date. We’ve only just found out about the missing numbers on the ISRC database. It appears that The Killers latest album (released in August) has ISRC codes in a later numerical sequence, so it would appear that the GnR tracks have been submitted to the label for many months.

Only thing countering this is why on earth would they release an EP too? Spur of the moment thing, poor planning or just a desire to cash in on the hardcores?

I bet that the EP is a standalone thing. Neither one of those songs will be on the new album. Or at least I hope so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well until this album shows up... anybody got any more good ISRC stories to share?! Still overwhelmed at my post first on page 500! That's 500 pages of utter pure speculative nonsense on something has never happened!

• Haha 1