The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just now, Free Bird said:

Unfortunately 

if Absurd and HS are not a part of a planned full album, maybe it's not that unfortunate cause that way, we might get more officially released material. No way of knowing that either cause so far no one is talking.

51 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

Hey....just one question.....so at the moment theres no more than 2 songs recorded? its not an advance of an album,just and EP?

My hunch tells me the single (sorry, I’m still refusing to call it and EP) is all that’s going to be released. 

29 minutes ago, Rovim said:

if Absurd and HS are not a part of a planned full album, maybe it's not that unfortunate cause that way, we might get more officially released material. No way of knowing that either cause so far no one is talking.

I'm afraid the HS single is the only cd that exists. If there's a full lenght album though, I'll take it with or without both songs.

You're right of course. The more they release the better but for now I'd be totally happy if there's an album at all.

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'm afraid the HS single is the only cd that exists. If there's a full lenght album though, I'll take it with or without both songs.

You're right of course. The more they release the better but for now I'd be totally happy if there's an album at all.

a version of a complete album existed before the reunion took place. We know Slash and Duff worked on Axl's material. Updating enough tunes for a full album with Slash and Duff additions doesn't seem like it will be that difficult to do.

I think it's highly unlikely that all Slash and Duff worked on was Absurd and HS so I think a finished album with Slash and Duff must exist.

• Like 2

I do think a full album is coming. I don't think it's coming soon. Meegan posted that the first single from Slash/Conspirators' new record is dropping very soon. I don't see how it logically even makes sense to release a Conspirators single then do a GNR album drop in, say, November.

Unfortunately, though it's been a fun year, I think GNR will stay dark till before the next leg of a tour starts. We will probably see a record in that timeframe.

• Like 2

Axl has found a new type spirit that is evident by his improved vocals and energy during this leg of the tour. New muse = new music. Franky, wouldn't we as fans rather have music created during the current time as opposed to, say, up to this point in the tour? I feel it will be creatively superior and if this is the case, respect the artistic value of waiting until the proper inspiration has struck.

23 minutes ago, powderkeg said:

Axl has found a new type spirit that is evident by his improved vocals and energy during this leg of the tour. New muse = new music. Franky, wouldn't we as fans rather have music created during the current time as opposed to, say, up to this point in the tour? I feel it will be creatively superior and if this is the case, respect the artistic value of waiting until the proper inspiration has struck.

You’re clueless yet talking factual. Buddy, believe in when you see it. This thread has 500 pages just because of jackass fans

3 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

You’re clueless yet talking factual. Buddy, believe in when you see it. This thread has 500 pages just because of jackass fans

I don't find it necessary to precede my own opinions with "I think". I am entitled to mine as you are yours, but please stop being so rude.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

How many bands/artists release two songs and don’t follow that up with an album shortly thereafter? Genuine question 

It would be aggressively strange, to be sure. It would also be aggressively GNR and, to be clear, that is not a compliment.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

How many bands/artists release two songs and don’t follow that up with an album shortly thereafter? Genuine question 

I can think of many bands that release standalone singles not a part of any bigger project, but have albums out frequently

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I can think of many bands that release standalone singles not a part of any bigger project, but have albums out frequently

Film soundtracks. VR-Money and Come on Come In, U2 has a handful.... Yet as a promotional tool for films it doesn't really exist anymore

8 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I do think a full album is coming. I don't think it's coming soon. Meegan posted that the first single from Slash/Conspirators' new record is dropping very soon. I don't see how it logically even makes sense to release a Conspirators single then do a GNR album drop in, say, November.

Unfortunately, though it's been a fun year, I think GNR will stay dark till before the next leg of a tour starts. We will probably see a record in that timeframe.

I think you are pretty much right with your view on things. Slash and Axl obviously talk. It would be distracting in general for both parties to be releasing material around the same time as each other, and not optimising sales, which they would care about. So I think the two new GnR songs are an appetiser and just to keep the fans a bit happier, on the hook, until late next year. 

Otherwise, as usual, we won’t know anything concrete until it’s confirmed by Richard Fortus. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The band might not release a lot of music, but they do generate really long threads at fan forums. That's productivity too, I guess.

Yeah but in this case, it’s the lack of productivity that’s causing the long threads 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

a version of a complete album existed before the reunion took place. We know Slash and Duff worked on Axl's material. Updating enough tunes for a full album with Slash and Duff additions doesn't seem like it will be that difficult to do.

I think it's highly unlikely that all Slash and Duff worked on was Absurd and HS so I think a finished album with Slash and Duff must exist.

A version of this album existed already when CD was released or shortly after, I'm not that familiar with the Chinese Era timeline. There has to be a reason why Axl didn't release it. He sure didn't wait for the reunion all this time.

I hope the new album is coming with/before the start of the next tour leg. And I hope it's not only CD leftovers. I really hope there's music written by this line up. Or by Axl, Slash and Duff at least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

A version of this album existed already when CD was released or shortly after, I'm not that familiar with the Chinese Era timeline. There has to be a reason why Axl didn't release it. He sure didn't wait for the reunion all this time.

I hope the new album is coming with/before the start of the next tour leg. And I hope it's not only CD leftovers. I really hope there's music written by this line up. Or by Axl, Slash and Duff at least.

Bumble said he worked on 30 tunes so I believe the unreleased second half of CD consisted of at least 14 completed tracks. (I've excluded Absurd and HS) it's a conservative number cause I believe there is a lot of material that was maybe unfinished at the time and has been worked on since.

beggars can't be choosers, but I would really like to get music that was created by the current line up as well. I think Slash still has the ability to compose great shit that Axl can turn into something even better. He even saved a couple of riffs for Gn'R to use at the very least as you probably know, but if I had to guess, I'd say the entire potential next Guns album or most of it is Chinese era material.

Tunes that Axl wanted to release for more than a decade and he's just going to move forward with it and Slash and Duff chose to be a part of that project, helping him to update it.

I don't think releasing even great shit from the Chinese era which I'm very interested in is the same as coming up with fresh material and have it reflect artistically where the band is right now, but there is more than 1 way to make a great album and there are advantages to using what you consider to be great shit, even if it's old.

maybe if everything goes according to plan, someday we'll get brand new music from Gn'R, but that possibility is too far in the future to worry about right now imo.

pretty sure I'll like at least some of what Axl wants to release.

13 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Bumble said he worked on 30 tunes so I believe the unreleased second half of CD consisted of at least 14 completed tracks. (I've excluded Absurd and HS) it's a conservative number cause I believe there is a lot of material that was maybe unfinished at the time and has been worked on since.

beggars can't be choosers, but I would really like to get music that was created by the current line up as well. I think Slash still has the ability to compose great shit that Axl can turn into something even better. He even saved a couple of riffs for Gn'R to use at the very least as you probably know, but if I had to guess, I'd say the entire potential next Guns album or most of it is Chinese era material.

Tunes that Axl wanted to release for more than a decade and he's just going to move forward with it and Slash and Duff chose to be a part of that project, helping him to update it.

I don't think releasing even great shit from the Chinese era which I'm very interested in is the same as coming up with fresh material and have it reflect artistically where the band is right now, but there is more than 1 way to make a great album and there are advantages to using what you consider to be great shit, even if it's old.

maybe if everything goes according to plan, someday we'll get brand new music from Gn'R, but that possibility is too far in the future to worry about right now imo.

pretty sure I'll like at least some of what Axl wants to release.

I think we'll have to wait and see...

31 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I think Axl wanted to. Maybe there’s some validity to MSL’s claim that the album was rejected. Which sounds odd as surely any label would jump at the chance of releasing a GnR record.

Maybe the label had caught wind of a potential reunion in the works (or at least being mooted) and decided to play the long game, particularly when you consider the long held belief that the band owes only one more record.

Edited by gavgnr

Slash has said that he has written both with Conspirators and with GNR in mind and its two seperate entities - he will not use his ideas for conspirators on GNR and vice versa.

So we know he has written new stuff intended for GNR, i guess Duff has too.

The question here is wether Axl will contribute to it with new lyrics and vocals, he may want to clean out the closet first.

I guess a new single written by Slash/Axl/Duff will be promoted much more than these rearranged/rerecorded CD-era stuff.

Lets hope for both!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I think Axl wanted to. Maybe there’s some validity to MSL’s claim that the album was rejected. Which sounds odd as surely any label would jump at the chance of releasing a GnR record.

Maybe the label had caught wind of a potential reunion in the works (or at least being mooted) and decided to play the long game, particularly when you consider the long held belief that the band owes only one more record.

There wasn't a reunion in the works when MSL claims the album was rejected. 

I used to think the label declined the record, but now it's pretty clear they didn't. Axl sat on the follow up record waiting for the right time, waiting for people to wake up to Chinese but in reality by 2013 he should have retreated and come back with a new album. He had the material ready but he chose to wait it out being sure if they toured Chinese enough, they'd turn the tide of on public opinion, which would then make life a lot easier on the follow up release. 

I'm sure during that time Axl was at points in negotiation with the label about the next move... but GNR could barely release Appetite for Democracy without a disaster and that wasn't on the label trying to prevent it, it was 100% down to mismanagement (not to get into TB bashing), lots of other acts even ones with cantankerous singers who love suing managed to work with rockfuel and get releases ironed out within months of recording/filming.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Beta could also mean the Hard Skool release in february when mentioning the "cd".

I doubt it. In Brazil we would only mention "cd" as an album. Keep in mind that the Brazilian market didn't have many EP or single releases in the 80s/90s, it was very rare (I remember I had only that Extreme EP with More than Words/Hole Hearted) .