The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I doubt it. In Brazil we would only mention "cd" as an album. Keep in mind that the Brazilian market didn't have many EP or single releases in the 80s/90s, it was very rare (I remember I had only that Extreme EP with More than Words/Hole Hearted) . 

interesting. So if Beta meant a full Guns album while talking about Absurd being a part of it, this could mean HS is a part of it as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I doubt it. In Brazil we would only mention "cd" as an album. Keep in mind that the Brazilian market didn't have many EP or single releases in the 80s/90s, it was very rare (I remember I had only that Extreme EP with More than Words/Hole Hearted) . 

Thanks for the insight. I do have a fairly rare 1999 OMG single from Brazil, it came with The World Is Not Enough too.

15 hours ago, gavgnr said:

How many bands/artists release two songs and don’t follow that up with an album shortly thereafter? Genuine question 

Didn’t Motley Crue release a couple of singles before the ‘break up’ a few years ago? It’s the only example I can think of just now TBH!

16 hours ago, gavgnr said:

How many bands/artists release two songs and don’t follow that up with an album shortly thereafter? Genuine question 

We can only speculate, but I firmly believe I'm right here.

Most contracts/guarantees involve promotion.  A boxer can get a guarantee for a fight.  The obligation includes the fight itself, but also a number of press conferences, interviews etc.

Tours are the same.  Most tours come with a series of promotion, chat shows, interviews etc.  

I believe Rose (as always) refused any appearances but did agree to release two 'new' songs as promotion.

Maybe at one time he intended to actually release new songs.  What seemingly transpired is he got Slash and Duff to do new work while he used 20 year old, unreleased demo vocal takes and got his produced to patch them together using pro-tools.

I don't think there is any chance of a new album.

There is a possibility that they've given Perhaps, General, Atlas, OMG the same treatment and can maybe cobble something together, but I don't think they'll bother.

He'll probably just keep Atlas up his sleeve to do exactly the same trick next time, without having to actually write/record vocals.

And the same people will look at that and somehow see it as a sign that they are going to release a brand new album....

1 minute ago, Rovim said:
5 minutes ago, Pele said:

exactly the same trick

Good insight.

Do you think a full album is imminent, with all new Axl Rose lyrics/vocals?

8 hours ago, gavgnr said:

I think Axl wanted to. Maybe there’s some validity to MSL’s claim that the album was rejected. Which sounds odd as surely any label would jump at the chance of releasing a GnR record.

Maybe the label had caught wind of a potential reunion in the works (or at least being mooted) and decided to play the long game, particularly when you consider the long held belief that the band owes only one more record.

I think there is a strong chance it was rejected as it contained OMG, SIlkworms, Atlas and various re-records of their existing back catalog.

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Do you think a full album is imminent, with all new Axl Rose lyrics/vocals?

I don't it, any "new" album will be mostly, if not all re-worked CD-era songs. With vocals recoded and touched up from that time to present, or a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I don't it, any "new" album will be mostly, if not all re-worked CD-era songs. With vocals recoded and touched up from that time to present, or a few years ago.

Sadly, all evidence suggests you are right! And I don't mean that in bad way against you! :)

• Like 1

The black-and-whiteness again. How about a mixture? Half and half, more or less, or at least some proportion? Don't expect all new songs / all new vocals as that's crazy and nothing suggests that; don't expect, however, a solely reworked CD either - cause Slash didn't return to his super famous mother band to just noodle over fucking 20-year old demos recorded by some replacements. Clearly, it needs to be an approach that combines both of these components. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The black-and-whiteness again. How about a mixture? Half and half, more or less, or at least some proportion? Don't expect all new songs / all new vocals as that's crazy and nothing suggests that; don't expect, however, a solely reworked CD either - cause Slash didn't return to his super famous mother band to just noodle over fucking 20-year old demos recorded by some replacements. Clearly, it needs to be an approach that combines both of these components. 

Everybody is allowed to share his thoughts and his opinion but nobody knows anything.

There could be 100 users who post the same suggestion but in the end the result can be totally different.

1 hour ago, Pele said:

We can only speculate, but I firmly believe I'm right here.

Most contracts/guarantees involve promotion.  A boxer can get a guarantee for a fight.  The obligation includes the fight itself, but also a number of press conferences, interviews etc.

Tours are the same.  Most tours come with a series of promotion, chat shows, interviews etc.  

I believe Rose (as always) refused any appearances but did agree to release two 'new' songs as promotion.

Maybe at one time he intended to actually release new songs.  What seemingly transpired is he got Slash and Duff to do new work while he used 20 year old, unreleased demo vocal takes and got his produced to patch them together using pro-tools.

I don't think there is any chance of a new album.

There is a possibility that they've given Perhaps, General, Atlas, OMG the same treatment and can maybe cobble something together, but I don't think they'll bother.

He'll probably just keep Atlas up his sleeve to do exactly the same trick next time, without having to actually write/record vocals.

And the same people will look at that and somehow see it as a sign that they are going to release a brand new album....

You make a strong argument. And knowing the band’s history with releasing music, you may well be right.

I mean, come on, there’s literally no evidence that a new album is coming. The ‘EP’ seemingly has just been announced in an attempt to stop the fans moaning about the lack of new material. And I’d be willing to bet Axl made that difficult as fuck too 😂

Edited by gavgnr

41 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Everybody is allowed to share his thoughts and his opinion but nobody knows anything.

There could be 100 users who post the same suggestion but in the end the result can be totally different.

True, the only rule is: with GNR, one never knows. If somebody asked a few years ago, guess what their first single will be? How many would have said Silkworms? Plus, how many would have said Silkworms without getting laughed at severely...

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

Why would it be distracting, if GnR and Slash would release a new records at nearly the same time?

1. A lot of people don't give a shit about Slash's solo stuff. The record won't be serious competition.

2. Both records could benefit from being released close to each other. It would even be a kind of promotion for the Guns record, since Axl usually doesn't do promotion.

I couldn't agree more, especially with your first point.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thelostrose said:

Why would it be distracting, if GnR and Slash would release a new records at nearly the same time?

1. A lot of people don't give a shit about Slash's solo stuff. The record won't be serious competition.

2. Both records could benefit from being released close to each other. It would even be a kind of promotion for the Guns record, since Axl usually doesn't do promotion.

Imagine if both records were released at the same time and both bands decided to toured together. SMKC as warm up act to GNR. Im sure slash would be up for a 4-5 hr a night performance  :)