The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Wonder if the Hard Skool ‘EP’ will be available to purchase from other music retailers or just thru the GnR store?

Looking like just from GNR store atm. Plenty of time for something else to be announced though I guess.

11 hours ago, thelostrose said:

Why would it be distracting, if GnR and Slash would release a new records at nearly the same time?

1. A lot of people don't give a shit about Slash's solo stuff. The record won't be serious competition.

2. Both records could benefit from being released close to each other. It would even be a kind of promotion for the Guns record, since Axl usually doesn't do promotion.

1. It would be distracting because you would have a normally functioning band like SMKC releasing singles, releasing music videos, playing live on talk shows, doing interviews on various media platforms (Electronic and Print), while the interviewer would be saying "So how was it back in the studio with Axl Rose after many decades". "Did you and Axl get along well?" "Would Axl turn up to the studio on time to record?" "Did you have many disagreements with the type of input you were able to have on the songs that were already actually written ten years ago" "What the fuck is up with that song Absurd? Did you have to see a Psychologist to get over actually being a part of that abomination?"

All the while Slash is going " It was great working with Myles again, and"  Interviewer "What about Steven? is he coming back in to the band?"

I think you answered your own question directed at me with your point 1. 

And I reinforced the ridiculousness of it all by expanding on your point 2.

:P

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

1. It would be distracting because you would have a normally functioning band like SMKC releasing singles, releasing music videos, playing live on talk shows, doing interviews on various media platforms (Electronic and Print), while the interviewer would be saying "So how was it back in the studio with Axl Rose after many decades". "Did you and Axl get along well?" "Would Axl turn up to the studio on time to record?" "Did you have many disagreements with the type of input you were able to have on the songs that were already actually written ten years ago" "What the fuck is up with that song Absurd? Did you have to see a Psychologist to get over actually being a part of that abomination?"

All the while Slash is going " It was great working with Myles again, and"  Interviewer "What about Steven? is he coming back in to the band?"

I think you answered your own question directed at me with your point 1. 

And I reinforced the ridiculousness of it all by expanding on your point 2.

:P

the realistic answer from slash is "all things considered, absurd this and hardskool that"

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

the realistic answer from slash is "all things considered, absurd this and hardskool that"

There is an obvious reason they all give deliberately vague answers.  Rose doesn't write/record, they all know this, they are terrified to push the issue in case he retreats again, so they all just stutter,lie or give vague answers which are open for interpretation when asked about new releases.

Fernando has been asked over and over again if there will be a new album, best he's said recently is 'new releases are starting to be slotted' which likely meant HardSkool CD.

Slash said something like "all things considered, at the end of the day, I think the intent is to do an album, we just don't know how to release it"

Slash when asked recently about an album with Miles -  "yes, we've got 20 new songs, going into studio soon to record and it will be out shortly after"

They give these vague answers because there is nothing to release.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Pele said:

There is an obvious reason they all give deliberately vague answers.  Rose doesn't write/record, they all know this, they are terrified to push the issue in case he retreats again, so they all just stutter,lie or give vague answers which are open for interpretation when asked about new releases.

I'm sure if they interviewed Pele he'd say "all things considered, 99 vocals this and KOHD 99 vocals that" 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Only in Slash interviews (and 6 times in an article about Slash by Alan Niven)

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4337-the-phrase-all-things-considered-frequency-and-who-said-it#24420

EDIT: The phrase is also found 28 times in Slash's autobiography :lol:

Is there an updated version of this? I see it's only up to 2010. We should start calling slash, Saul "All things considered" Hudson

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Not yet, but I suppose it will be updated when the database is updated with more articles after 2010 and @SoulMonster includes them to the a-4-d.com history section.

There is even an unreleased Slash song from the Snakepit 2 era titled "All Things Considered":

Slash: It’s sort of a Cinderella story. I met all the guys at gigs. I met Rod Jackson and he put a lyric on a tape of mine, a song not on the album called ‘All Things Considered’.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5252-2000-12-25-classic-rock-mr-brownstone-slash

:lol:

We need to campaign to get this song released Hardskool-style 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by DTJ80

Best case scenario seems to be a new album next fall, comprised of "CDII" vocal tracks with instrumentals reworked by Slash and Duff. 

The hype of the reunion has worn off and the returns are diminishing so they'll have to do something to drum up interest before they play some of these markets again. 

Axl might as well have just dropped CDII in 2016 and used the reunion to promote it. Slash and Duff would've gone along with it for the payday (as evidenced by their willingness to play so many CD songs). 

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Only in Slash interviews (and 6 times in an article about Slash by Alan Niven)

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4337-the-phrase-all-things-considered-frequency-and-who-said-it#24420

EDIT: The phrase is also found 28 times in Slash's autobiography :lol:

A lot of thing must've been considered for those posts!

But seriously, I can't believe you guys made that, it's amazing :lol:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Here’s one to twist your melons….maybe Slash is releasing his album in February cos GnR is releasing an album next month 😳

*slowly puts down crack pipe*

*picks up said crack pipe as camera pans*

Is Slash’s album still slated for Feb??

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

*picks up said crack pipe as camera pans*

Is Slash’s album still slated for Feb??

We need to go deeper. What if Slash's album is not really Slash's album and it's actually a new Guns record :wow:

And come February they'll start touring as SMKC with Axl wearing a Myles Kennedy wig

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes

It’s either a great idea for Slash to drop a record 3-4 months after a surprise GNR album or a terrible one. Don’t think there’s a middle ground. All I got. 

Edited by sofine11

33 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It’s either a great idea for Slash to drop a record 3-4 months after a surprise GNR album or a terrible one. Don’t think there’s a middle ground. All I got. 

It's not going to matter either way, his fans will still listen to his record and go to his shows, regardless of a new GnR album or not.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's not going to matter either way, his fans will still listen to his record and go to his shows, regardless of a new GnR album or not.

Agreed. When Slash comes to Winnipeg he plays a little theatre with a capacity of 1600 people. Him and band appear to have a hell of a time too.