The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think the heroin addiction was the problem. He played nice when he was in RHCP afaik. I'm not sure how interested he was in joining Gn'R at the time, but he seems like a pretty open dude.

Yeah, this is a cool interview I read recently with Rob Allen about John but also Dave gets mentioned, and I think there's a lot more to him than that ''rock star'' persona,

http://www.jfeffects.com.br/2020/04/jf-effects-interviews-robbie-rule-allen.html

And Dave Navarro… I have nothing but nice things to say about him. He is the fucking sweetheart. He is a really nice guy. His whole public persona of being a rockstar guy it’s totally ironic. He is smart as a whip, he is funny, and very generous. We would hang out together every morning, we just have coffee in his room on bathrobes [laughs]. Because he found out that everyone there was kind of insane. Flea and Anthony are a little… a little off. Dave is a very normal kind of dude.

Edited by EvanG

7 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

Hey....just one question.....so at the moment theres no more than 2 songs recorded? its not an advance of an album,just and EP?

we don't actually know if Absurd and HS plus live versions of You're Crazy and Don't Cry from the tour is all that is planned to be released but Susan and Slash have talked about the band working on a full album and Beta said that Absurd is a part of the cd.

for now, no official statement has been made about a concrete plan to release a full album.

12 minutes ago, Rovim said:

we don't actually know if Absurd and HS plus live versions of You're Crazy and Don't Cry from the tour is all that is planned to be released but Susan and Slash have talked about the band working on a full album and Beta said that Absurd is a part of the cd.

for now, no official statement has been made about a concrete plan to release a full album.

Beta could also mean the Hard Skool release in february when mentioning the "cd".

• Like 1

Just now, Free Bird said:

Unfortunately 

if Absurd and HS are not a part of a planned full album, maybe it's not that unfortunate cause that way, we might get more officially released material. No way of knowing that either cause so far no one is talking.

51 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

Hey....just one question.....so at the moment theres no more than 2 songs recorded? its not an advance of an album,just and EP?

My hunch tells me the single (sorry, I’m still refusing to call it and EP) is all that’s going to be released. 

29 minutes ago, Rovim said:

if Absurd and HS are not a part of a planned full album, maybe it's not that unfortunate cause that way, we might get more officially released material. No way of knowing that either cause so far no one is talking.

I'm afraid the HS single is the only cd that exists. If there's a full lenght album though, I'll take it with or without both songs.

You're right of course. The more they release the better but for now I'd be totally happy if there's an album at all.

2 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I'm afraid the HS single is the only cd that exists. If there's a full lenght album though, I'll take it with or without both songs.

You're right of course. The more they release the better but for now I'd be totally happy if there's an album at all.

a version of a complete album existed before the reunion took place. We know Slash and Duff worked on Axl's material. Updating enough tunes for a full album with Slash and Duff additions doesn't seem like it will be that difficult to do.

I think it's highly unlikely that all Slash and Duff worked on was Absurd and HS so I think a finished album with Slash and Duff must exist.

• Like 2

I do think a full album is coming. I don't think it's coming soon. Meegan posted that the first single from Slash/Conspirators' new record is dropping very soon. I don't see how it logically even makes sense to release a Conspirators single then do a GNR album drop in, say, November.

Unfortunately, though it's been a fun year, I think GNR will stay dark till before the next leg of a tour starts. We will probably see a record in that timeframe.

• Like 2

Axl has found a new type spirit that is evident by his improved vocals and energy during this leg of the tour. New muse = new music. Franky, wouldn't we as fans rather have music created during the current time as opposed to, say, up to this point in the tour? I feel it will be creatively superior and if this is the case, respect the artistic value of waiting until the proper inspiration has struck.

23 minutes ago, powderkeg said:

Axl has found a new type spirit that is evident by his improved vocals and energy during this leg of the tour. New muse = new music. Franky, wouldn't we as fans rather have music created during the current time as opposed to, say, up to this point in the tour? I feel it will be creatively superior and if this is the case, respect the artistic value of waiting until the proper inspiration has struck.

You’re clueless yet talking factual. Buddy, believe in when you see it. This thread has 500 pages just because of jackass fans

3 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

You’re clueless yet talking factual. Buddy, believe in when you see it. This thread has 500 pages just because of jackass fans

I don't find it necessary to precede my own opinions with "I think". I am entitled to mine as you are yours, but please stop being so rude.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

How many bands/artists release two songs and don’t follow that up with an album shortly thereafter? Genuine question 

It would be aggressively strange, to be sure. It would also be aggressively GNR and, to be clear, that is not a compliment.

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

How many bands/artists release two songs and don’t follow that up with an album shortly thereafter? Genuine question 

I can think of many bands that release standalone singles not a part of any bigger project, but have albums out frequently

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

I can think of many bands that release standalone singles not a part of any bigger project, but have albums out frequently

Film soundtracks. VR-Money and Come on Come In, U2 has a handful.... Yet as a promotional tool for films it doesn't really exist anymore

8 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I do think a full album is coming. I don't think it's coming soon. Meegan posted that the first single from Slash/Conspirators' new record is dropping very soon. I don't see how it logically even makes sense to release a Conspirators single then do a GNR album drop in, say, November.

Unfortunately, though it's been a fun year, I think GNR will stay dark till before the next leg of a tour starts. We will probably see a record in that timeframe.

I think you are pretty much right with your view on things. Slash and Axl obviously talk. It would be distracting in general for both parties to be releasing material around the same time as each other, and not optimising sales, which they would care about. So I think the two new GnR songs are an appetiser and just to keep the fans a bit happier, on the hook, until late next year. 

Otherwise, as usual, we won’t know anything concrete until it’s confirmed by Richard Fortus. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The band might not release a lot of music, but they do generate really long threads at fan forums. That's productivity too, I guess.

Yeah but in this case, it’s the lack of productivity that’s causing the long threads 😂

• Haha 1