The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually enjoy Myles live much more than on the albums.. I want to be excited about this new SMKC album but I am afraid Myles will ruin it....

I know he will ruin some songs I like instrumentally but their past work has proven that there will be enough songs I can still enjoy.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

So Coldplay have just released an album yet their tour doesn’t start until March next year. Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for Guns to release a new record in November with their tour starting next June?

Yes, but only because it's GnR and Axl finds every excuse possible not to release new music 

Saw this posted on another forum (the discussion was about the Hard Skool single) and i have to say it does ring true…

The fact that they're selling heavily marked up physical copies and a bunch of cheesy overpriced merchandise instead of just dropping a damn album highlights the flagrant cash crab nature of the whole enterprise

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Saw this posted on another forum (the discussion was about the Hard Skool single) and i have to say it does ring true…

The fact that they're selling heavily marked up physical copies and a bunch of cheesy overpriced merchandise instead of just dropping a damn album highlights the flagrant cash crab nature of the whole enterprise

They're always selling merch and I don't think the physical copies are overpriced. In fact I'm happy they still care for physical releases.

I can't see an indicator in those physical releases that there isn't coming a full length record. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

Just called Universal. The lady on the other line kept droning that I had reached a laundromat and, to be honest, she didn’t speak English all that well, but I’m pretty sure she confirmed November after some prodding.

Get ready!! 🤘🏻🤘🏻

@FernandoYou did it you magnificent bastardi!! 🎉🥳

**Edited to add: I think we all need to remember the person truly responsible for this amazing news, Lupe in (I assume) Universal customer service. Thank you Lupe. 🙏🏻

Genuinely made me lol. Thanks bud 👍

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

While I consider this a team effort, thanks, but if I’m honest it’s Lupe who really deserves it. 🙏🏻

Maybe Lupe can be the Cd2 equivalent of Dr Pepper. If the album’s released before then end of 2021, everyone in the US get a a free laundry wash 😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

They're always selling merch and I don't think the physical copies are overpriced. In fact I'm happy they still care for physical releases.

I can't see an indicator in those physical releases that there isn't coming a full length record. 

It doesn't mean there won't be a full length record at some point. 

It does mean they're intent on wringing every last cent possible out of a fanbase starving for new material. 

Silkworms and Hard School were lower tier songs from the CD sessions. Worse than most of what made the album. Never mentioned as being among the better unreleased songs. Dropping reworked versions of those 5 years into the reunion with a bunch of cheesy merchandise and novelty versions ($18 cassette tape for example), but with no real promotion, no videos and so forth indicates they're content to generate as much money from the fans as they can with as little effort possible. It's an excuse to push a proper release of new material further into the future. 

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Maybe Lupe can be the Cd2 equivalent of Dr Pepper. If the album’s released before then end of 2021, everyone in the US get a a free laundry wash 😂

I like to think Lupe understood the urgency in my voice, and that we made a connection. And while part of me thought she may have said “Noweareclosed!!” I’m mostly sure she said “November it is!”. 

• Haha 2