The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, klakly said:

I saw on IG that SMKC will be touring North America starting in February 2022. Is this official? In your opinion, will it imply anything for GnR releases?

Ya it means we ain’t getting shit until November 2022. And that’s if we’re lucky 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, klakly said:

I saw on IG that SMKC will be touring North America starting in February 2022. Is this official? In your opinion, will it imply anything for GnR releases?

Slash is back to GNR in June until the end of the year. Myles is supposed to be in the studio with AB by April. SMKC are touring again Jan/Feb 2023 according to Slash, so a GNR album in November??? not so sure! but who knows. 

End of this year or very early 2022 otherwise it's miles off ready for release... speculation of course, but I'm guessing HS EP was just a stop gap to say "we are doing stuff, but just give us a minute longer".

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Perché non venerdì prossimo? Chissà cosa ha senso con questa band!! ?

May because it would make sense before the European tour. But you're right, they are GnR...it doesn't have to make sense 😂

2 hours ago, klakly said:

In an interview today, Slash: " SMKC album and GnR stuff" uhm 🤔

He didn't say SMKC and GnR album

"Stuff", Slash is clearly excited about being a consultant on the next design of the GNR branded toy trucks ;)

2 hours ago, klakly said:

In an interview today, Slash: " SMKC album and GnR stuff" uhm 🤔

He didn't say SMKC and GnR album

If Slash says “GNR album is coming this spring” or whatever, it just totally overshadows everything he’s currently promoting. I get why he’d be vague. But they’ve always been vague about Guns. At least in 2021, we got a couple surprise drops. I really do think there’s more to come. But not till Slash is done touring.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

28 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

If Slash says “GNR album is coming this spring” or whatever, it just totally overshadows everything he’s currently promoting. I get why he’d be vague. But they’ve always been vague about Guns. At least in 2021, we got a couple surprise drops. I really do think there’s more to come. But not till Slash is done touring.

Exactly. If he says anything about gnr then his album is overshadowed. If he discusses hardskool and Absurd that will be the quotes used for headlines. 

I think there's more to come but when is the question, and I don't believe it's gonna be as early as when Slash finishes his first leg of touring.

• Like 1

I think there might be more focus on the UYI box set next year when the tour starts again, I'm not sure where a new album fits into that.

5 hours ago, klakly said:

Yes it's official, the tour dates have been announced.

So we have:

February-March 2022: SMKC tour (US).

June-December 2022: GnR tour (Europe, Latin America, Australia/NZ - maybe they'll add some dates in Canada and or Japan, too?).

January-February 2023: SMKC tour (Europe).

I guess GnR are planning to do another tour in the summer of 2023, and maybe Slash will do a few dates in South America in March/April 2023.

I don't think the timing of a GnR album depends on when Slash's tour wraps up. Now GnR are on a tour break and also Slash's album is released, but there's no reason to not release anything until 2023, since GnR will be touring in the meantime. So I think summer 2022 makes sense - but, of course, it's GnR.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

When will you learn.

He is giving yet more vague answers of 'stuff' because there is absolutely nothing of substance recorded.

Without directly spelling it out, all of them are hinting there is no new GNR full album.

Just now, youngswedishvinyl said:

Slash on writing songs for SMKC vs GNR:

"As far as Guns is concerned we haven't even gotten to that point of really in earnest sitting down and writing, we've been doing a lot of material that's sort of been sitting around for a while, so that will be a whole focused endeavor unto itself"

Sounds, to me at least, like they have recorded more CD leftover with GN'R but nothing has been written since the reunion... 

I'd say that settles it completely really- if there is a new album it is essentially CD2. 

That's a pretty clear statement there from Slash. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Sounds, to me at least, like they have recorded more CD leftover with GN'R but nothing has been written since the reunion... 

I think the next record will be CD leftovers, and whatever was lying around from before that era, and after that, if we're so lucky (and that's a big if), and if they're still functioning and getting along, they will follow that up with a record with newly written material, but then we're probably talking 10 or 20 years from now : D