Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?


Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

Why would it be distracting, if GnR and Slash would release a new records at nearly the same time?

1. A lot of people don't give a shit about Slash's solo stuff. The record won't be serious competition.

2. Both records could benefit from being released close to each other. It would even be a kind of promotion for the Guns record, since Axl usually doesn't do promotion.

I couldn't agree more, especially with your first point.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, thelostrose said:

Why would it be distracting, if GnR and Slash would release a new records at nearly the same time?

1. A lot of people don't give a shit about Slash's solo stuff. The record won't be serious competition.

2. Both records could benefit from being released close to each other. It would even be a kind of promotion for the Guns record, since Axl usually doesn't do promotion.

Imagine if both records were released at the same time and both bands decided to toured together. SMKC as warm up act to GNR. Im sure slash would be up for a 4-5 hr a night performance  :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm curious, as we know there's been reports of Axl working on music up until 2015 (was mentioned in 2014 that he was doing a lot of vocal work). Do some of us think that he was just working on three village tracks?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gavgnr said:

Wonder if the Hard Skool ‘EP’ will be available to purchase from other music retailers or just thru the GnR store?

Looking like just from GNR store atm. Plenty of time for something else to be announced though I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, thelostrose said:

Why would it be distracting, if GnR and Slash would release a new records at nearly the same time?

1. A lot of people don't give a shit about Slash's solo stuff. The record won't be serious competition.

2. Both records could benefit from being released close to each other. It would even be a kind of promotion for the Guns record, since Axl usually doesn't do promotion.

1. It would be distracting because you would have a normally functioning band like SMKC releasing singles, releasing music videos, playing live on talk shows, doing interviews on various media platforms (Electronic and Print), while the interviewer would be saying "So how was it back in the studio with Axl Rose after many decades". "Did you and Axl get along well?" "Would Axl turn up to the studio on time to record?" "Did you have many disagreements with the type of input you were able to have on the songs that were already actually written ten years ago" "What the fuck is up with that song Absurd? Did you have to see a Psychologist to get over actually being a part of that abomination?"

All the while Slash is going " It was great working with Myles again, and"  Interviewer "What about Steven? is he coming back in to the band?"

I think you answered your own question directed at me with your point 1. 

And I reinforced the ridiculousness of it all by expanding on your point 2.

:P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

1. It would be distracting because you would have a normally functioning band like SMKC releasing singles, releasing music videos, playing live on talk shows, doing interviews on various media platforms (Electronic and Print), while the interviewer would be saying "So how was it back in the studio with Axl Rose after many decades". "Did you and Axl get along well?" "Would Axl turn up to the studio on time to record?" "Did you have many disagreements with the type of input you were able to have on the songs that were already actually written ten years ago" "What the fuck is up with that song Absurd? Did you have to see a Psychologist to get over actually being a part of that abomination?"

All the while Slash is going " It was great working with Myles again, and"  Interviewer "What about Steven? is he coming back in to the band?"

I think you answered your own question directed at me with your point 1. 

And I reinforced the ridiculousness of it all by expanding on your point 2.

:P

the realistic answer from slash is "all things considered, absurd this and hardskool that"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

the realistic answer from slash is "all things considered, absurd this and hardskool that"

There is an obvious reason they all give deliberately vague answers.  Rose doesn't write/record, they all know this, they are terrified to push the issue in case he retreats again, so they all just stutter,lie or give vague answers which are open for interpretation when asked about new releases.

Fernando has been asked over and over again if there will be a new album, best he's said recently is 'new releases are starting to be slotted' which likely meant HardSkool CD.

Slash said something like "all things considered, at the end of the day, I think the intent is to do an album, we just don't know how to release it"

Slash when asked recently about an album with Miles -  "yes, we've got 20 new songs, going into studio soon to record and it will be out shortly after"

 

They give these vague answers because there is nothing to release.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Pele said:

There is an obvious reason they all give deliberately vague answers.  Rose doesn't write/record, they all know this, they are terrified to push the issue in case he retreats again, so they all just stutter,lie or give vague answers which are open for interpretation when asked about new releases.

I'm sure if they interviewed Pele he'd say "all things considered, 99 vocals this and KOHD 99 vocals that" 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Only in Slash interviews (and 6 times in an article about Slash by Alan Niven)

https://www.a-4-d.com/t4337-the-phrase-all-things-considered-frequency-and-who-said-it#24420

EDIT: The phrase is also found 28 times in Slash's autobiography :lol:

Is there an updated version of this? I see it's only up to 2010. We should start calling slash, Saul "All things considered" Hudson

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Not yet, but I suppose it will be updated when the database is updated with more articles after 2010 and @SoulMonster includes them to the a-4-d.com history section.

There is even an unreleased Slash song from the Snakepit 2 era titled "All Things Considered":

Slash: It’s sort of a Cinderella story. I met all the guys at gigs. I met Rod Jackson and he put a lyric on a tape of mine, a song not on the album called ‘All Things Considered’.

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5252-2000-12-25-classic-rock-mr-brownstone-slash

:lol:

We need to campaign to get this song released Hardskool-style 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by DTJ80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best case scenario seems to be a new album next fall, comprised of "CDII" vocal tracks with instrumentals reworked by Slash and Duff. 

The hype of the reunion has worn off and the returns are diminishing so they'll have to do something to drum up interest before they play some of these markets again. 

Axl might as well have just dropped CDII in 2016 and used the reunion to promote it. Slash and Duff would've gone along with it for the payday (as evidenced by their willingness to play so many CD songs). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...