The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

22 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

It's pretty clear based on past statements Axl suffers from writer's block, perhaps even most of the time, so I don't hold not writing more against him. I think it's a shame sure, but I can't be mad at the guy if he just isn't feeling it.

Just clear the archives and have done with it now is my thinking. 

I'm happy enough with CD2.....assuming we get it of course. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I think the next record will be CD leftovers, and whatever was lying around from before that era, and after that, if we're so lucky (and that's a big if), and if they're still functioning and getting along, they will follow that up with a record with newly written material, but then we're probably talking 10 or 20 years from now : D

That's something that annoyes me but I really think if they haven't written something new by now they won't write anything, ever. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

That's something that annoyes me but I really think if they haven't written something new by now they won't write anything, ever. 

There clearly is no intention to write new shit together like a normal band. TBH, releasing Hard Skool and Absurd sort of confirmed that anyway, but I guess we were all holding out on the slim chance that we were wrong. 

Well, at least we know.  Stop the expectations and move on. Fucking SUCKS THO. The music these guys made from 86-91 and not even make something now sucks.  Personally I don't give a fuck to hear Slash and Duff play 99-05 songs that had nothing to do with them personally. Axl should have released that with the members at the time. Ship sailed.  My take.

Edited by NTONIUS
Axl was auto corrected to "All" lol

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Also on Absurd and Hard Skool:

Slash: They both have a lot of history. What happened was, Axl has all these songs that he recorded at some point along the way, and so Duff and I went and redid them, basically (laughs). [The interviewer comments that Slash’s stamp is all over them] You know, I write my own kind of parts to them. There’s that going on, and just sort of… just took the drums and redid everything else.

Poor Frank :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jeez H Chr*st, why the F can't this band just record some shit and put out that CD2 stuff, and get in a room together and make some more music and put thaat out there and tour some more

They have been milking this cow for 5 f'ing years and only just released 2 mediocre songs (I mean, they're nowhere close to WTTJ, PC, YCBM or NR or Estanged, lets be real here)

ffffffackk I need a break from this shit man, with the release of Absurd and Hardschool I got back some hope (at least the released something)....almost daily I visit the boards, but damn, this band has been more than disapointing......

Edited by merces

Here's pause for thought: it's quite possible, given the timescale, previous/current progress etc etc that we will never hear a new song written by Axl/Slash/Duff again. 

Even if they were to release this album next year, they'd then tour it for years, and if (big if) they decided then to try and write stuff it would likely take years too. By which point, how old would they be? 

I find it sort of remarkable to think like that, but when you think about, it's a likely scenario. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Here's pause for thought: it's quite possible, given the timescale, previous/current progress etc etc that we will never hear a new song written by Axl/Slash/Duff again. 

Even if they were to release this album next year, they'd then tour it for years, and if (big if) they decided then to try and write stuff it would likely take years too. By which point, how old would they be? 

I find it sort of remarkable to think like that, but when you think about, it's a likely scenario. 

With the newest information, I think it's pretty safe to say that this is exactly it. If they somehow manage to put out CD2 with Sluff tacked on they will be touring that for the next 10 years. Then someone dies or they just simply end it all, maybe with Izzy and Steven/ Matt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Slash on writing songs for SMKC vs GNR:

"As far as Guns is concerned we haven't even gotten to that point of really in earnest sitting down and writing, we've been doing a lot of material that's sort of been sitting around for a while, so that will be a whole focused endeavor unto itself"

Sounds, to me at least, like they have recorded more CD leftover with GN'R but nothing has been written since the reunion... 

Pain

It sounds like there is a full CDII on the way at least. Unless “a lot of material” is Absurd and HS. I’m still hopeful because I’m excited to hear CDII, but at the same time why can’t this band write one original song in 6 years? Axl is the laziest motherfucker in the industry…

37 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I don't know how many CD leftovers there are, but if there are enough to fill an album, then why would he start from scratch with Slash and Duff and ignore the songs he's been working on? These songs obviously mean a lot to him and having a line-up change doesn't mean he doesn't care about them anymore. I wasn't expecting anything else. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to hear newer songs written by Slash and Duff. 

Spot on. There obviously is a whole album of CD2 songs (most likely more than that), no reason to throw that in the trash and write new songs. People need to remember that it’s Slash and Duff that returned to Axl’s band after 30 years, and not the other way around.

I’m also looking forward to an all new album. In 8 years :lol:

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1