The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No album in November or in the next three months doesn't mean no album, say, next year or not album at all.

Same with Slash's comments: the fact that the material is reworked songs and not newly written ones doesn't mean there's no album.

I'm not saying there will be an album 100%, but I don't understand how Slash's comments can be interpreted as "certainly no album".

Sorry my viewpoint for a while has been certainly no new album for the foreseeable future. 

I wasn't meaning slash's comments interpreted as that, just more so that it was a comment that helped fuel my existing opinion. 

4 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Jarmo seems legitimately angry with Slash in his recent posts about his new album throwing a wrench into GNR’s plans.

I swear, if he’s trying to sell a premise where we’d be getting a full Guns album if only Axl & TB weren’t totally blindsided by Slash’s record then man oh man, they’re just the worst of the worst. 

Man I hope that’s not the case. 😬

I mean after all those years of bashing Slash it has to be a little weird for him to be in the band still.  Anything to deflect the blame off of axl.  

I'm thankful that Slash has SMKC because I love Slash's playing and this gives us a consistent way to hear more from him.  I know they aren't the greatest band but I really enjoy all 3 of their albums together

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Same here. I like Atlas Shrugged at lot. I hope it's the next song released. 

I love AS too. I'm in two minds though about it being redone, as I think it's perfect as it is, and if mixed to a similar quality as HS, that would be very sad. However I'll always have, and love, drums up version

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Could be a similar situation to Absurd, which is basically the same as the 2006 demo of Silkworms. We have no idea how much they re-arranged some songs in the mid-2000s. Maybe the released version of Hardschool is basically the same as the 2006-08 version, but with Slash and Duff instead of Tommy and Bumblefoot. :shrugs:

As far as Atlas is concerned, I'm pretty sure we've already heard the best version(s) of the song. I don't see how 20 years of tinkering could possibly benefit the song, and I don't think for a second that Slash will play something better than Brian May. There's plenty of other songs I'd rather hear finished versions of.

Good points. And agreed with Atlas - it’s pretty much done already…..but I think it’s such a great song it deserves a proper release so not just we ‘hardcore’ know about it. A deluxe Chinese Democracy release could solve a lot of this of course.

11 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Hey, I really love Eye On You. Genuinely. 

That's a tough sell I know, but fuck it! 

I like it too. The macdaddy bit is ‘meh’ but aside from that - it’s a cool ‘industrial-style’ tune.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. I bet Axl couldn't have cared less if they released Hardschool and Absurd or not.. I bet Slash and Duff weren't overly excited about recording their tracks over old Axl demos. Slash certainly didn't sound like he was proud of the songs or anything. More like an "is what it is" situation...They probably just really wanted to get some kind of "Guns N' Roses" music out to the fans and that was the only way to do it. I really don't think Slash and Duff will be very eager to make an album like that.. Axl isn't eager to make an album at all.. 

I bet you're wrong.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. I bet Axl couldn't have cared less if they released Hardschool and Absurd or not.. I bet Slash and Duff weren't overly excited about recording their tracks over old Axl demos. Slash certainly didn't sound like he was proud of the songs or anything. More like an "is what it is" situation...They probably just really wanted to get some kind of "Guns N' Roses" music out to the fans and that was the only way to do it. I really don't think Slash and Duff will be very eager to make an album like that.. Axl isn't eager to make an album at all.. 

I like HS and would love the rest of the left overs but I definitely agree. The other Chinese stuff should have come out with NuGNR and this lineup should have been able to release all new music. It’s all on Axl

hope we at least get a leftovers album

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. I bet Axl couldn't have cared less if they released Hardschool and Absurd or not.. 

Huh? Why do you think so? It would be weird of Axl to suddenly be indifferent to Guns N' Roses, a band that very much defines him, and the music it releases, as well as being indifferent to a song he has worked on for decades (...welll :lol:and which was finally released. The very fact that they pushed to have these songs released independently and not to obviously promote an album or to initiate a tour, suggests he really wanted the music to come out. Then you might say that if he truly cared he would promote the song, but that's not in my opinion how Axl works anymore, not since the early 90s. He has increasingly found himself in the position of letting the music speak for itself due to his distaste of dealing with the media. To some extent, he is not even releasing music for audiences anymore as much as getting a kind of closure...in my opinion ;) I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they dropped an album next year or so without any fanfare or promotion from Axl. That doesn't mean he doesn't care.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Huh? Why do you think so? It would be weird of Axl to suddenly be indifferent to Guns N' Roses, a band that very much defines him, and the music it releases, as well as being indifferent to a song he has worked on for decades (...welll :lol:and which was finally released.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't agree with the ''Axl is lazy'' sentiment either, but I can at least understand where that comes from. Saying he doesn't care, why would anyone think that? I think he cares a lot. He spent so many years working on one record. He's probably critical (and maybe even insecure) as fuck about his music and cares a very great deal. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl's burning desire to release new music is undisputed and well documented. Just look at his amazing track record from 1994 on. There were points where as big of a fan and music collector as I am, I thought "Jesus Christ! SLOW DOWN! I cannot keep up with all of these releases!" 

Even Prince was quoted once as saying "now Axl Rose, there's a guy who needs the control of Warner Brothers. The man just releases too much music. He puts my tiny catalog to shame". 

Guys like Sorum....Buckethead....Robin Finck (twice).....Tommy Stinson.....they all walked away from GN'R at one time or another instantly citing Axl's constant stream of music releases as the reasons why. They just couldn't keep up. 

So yeah, if there's anyone to blame for us not having a new GN'R album right now, it's definitely Slash. How can anyone not see that? 

Axl can have a desire to release official Gn'R original music and still not release very much of it cause as circumstances changed, maybe he wasn't willing to compromise enough to release it and maybe he was too artistically insecure to pull the trigger on it?

like after Bob Ezrin made his comment Axl said they were ready to mix and ended up not mixing it for a long time or when he seemed to actually believe the album was going to come out in 2006 ("it's this year") in the Eddie Trunk interview sounding very confident.

a lot of people around here don't like to hear it, but what if Axl really is a perfectionist and at least in the time span where he worked on Chinese, there was an interest there to make the best album he could possibly make and that was partly why it got delayed for almost a decade cause we know a good enough version of it existed in 1999/2000 and it wasn't his lack of desire to release it which, if you think about it, doesn't make much sense given the resources he put into it even after the label pulled the plug on funding it.

he even said he wasn't doing all the work just to keep it buried. And now, even after the release of Chinese, he is still releasing more tunes from that era which indicates he has a desire to move forward.

I bet lack of passion was never the problem.

Edited by Rovim