The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

I don't think he is too.

I believe they polished up a couple of unwanted demos to fulfill a financial obligation.

I believe they'll do exactly the same with Atlas next year.

The band and the camp know there is no new album and the narrative will start getting clearer.  Slash admitting there is no new songs is the first step.

a few questions

1. why atlas it might be perhaps or eye on you

2. please give proof there isn't a new album ready

3. slash said they haven't wrote any new songs together how do we know axl hasn't wrote any new songs i don't think slash said that but correct me if i'm wrong

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

I don't think he is too.

I believe they polished up a couple of unwanted demos to fulfill a financial obligation.

The band and the camp know there is no new album and the narrative will start getting clearer.  Slash admitting there is no new songs is the first step.

The fact that Slash said they had worked on lots of songs completely undermines your argument. All you are left with is to conclude we are not getting an album with newly written songs anytime soon. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

I don't think he is too.

I don't believe there is any new album coming either. Sure, they might release a few polished turds (that's just my opinion before somebody jumps down my throat) from the CD-era and might even packaged as an album or several EPs. But realistically it will likely be stuff we've already heard. And if it is produced like the last 2 singles, then that does not fill me with joy at all! I have a lot of respect for Slash as a guitar player and for continuing to put out music as a solo artist. But I see Axl as nothing more than somebody trading on past glories. Glories that were so long ago, they are nearly as old as me! One album in 30 years folks, this is not somebody who is creatively relevant! 

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

I don't think he is too.

Financial obligation? exactly what might that be?

Are you suggesting promoters were only booking GNR under the premiss that GNR would release new music? 

I think they released the music because A) Axl wanted to B) because the full album is gonna take some more time.

Slash said it pretty clear. He hasn't written any new songs for GNR, BUT he has recorded on a lot of other tracks from the Chinese era. If he hadn't and he was willing to be so forthcoming with the band not having written together then there's no reason why Slash wouldn't have said "We haven't done any work besides the two songs you've heard". There is other material, there are songs we have never heard and others we have heard in old forms! There's over 20yrs of material up for grabs here! And even IF Axl hadn't written lyrics for some of those songs IF Slash and Duff expressed interest in one of the unfinished songs then he could easily enough write some words, these things are not impossible... I understand anybody doubting a GNR record but I think it's a fairly safe statement now to say there is a GNR record in the works.

1 minute ago, 19AT5 said:

I don't believe there is any new album coming either. Sure, they might release a few polished turds (that's just my opinion before somebody jumps down my throat) from the CD-era and might even packaged as an album or several EPs. But realistically it will likely be stuff we've already heard. And if it is produced like the last 2 singles, then that does not fill me with joy at all! I have a lot of respect for Slash as a guitar player and for continuing to put out music as a solo artist. But I see Axl as nothing more than somebody trading on past glories. Glories that were so long ago, they are nearly as old as me! One album in 30 years folks, this is not somebody who is creatively relevant! 

the Gn'R catalog is growing and I believe it will continue to grow. Perhaps piece by piece, but eventually, maybe even next year, we'll get a full album imo and the 2019 leaks only had a few tunes with Axl vocals.

Slash said they've worked on many songs and before that has phrased the work they have done on it as "what would be the next Gn'R album" so if they release an album in the next 2 years, it will likely contain CD era material with mostly unheard Axl vocals which makes it new Gn'R material as I define it.

I believe a finished GNR album, in some form, exists and is more or less ready to go.

What I have trouble believing does “exist” is legitimate INTENT to actually release said album by this camp. 

If there’s an invisible “cosmic focus” that Axl is relying on that keeps being assaulted by the likes of Angus Young (remember Axl didn’t want to take focus off AC/DC so 2020 was no bueno) and now Slash, a man who only has to gain from a GNR album with his guitar all over it, we’re in for a long winter.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

Slash said they've worked on many songs and before that has phrased the work they have done on it as "what would be the next Gn'R album" so if they release an album in the next 2 years, it will likely contain CD era material with mostly unheard Axl vocals which makes it new Gn'R material as I define it.

I think my level of interest in listening to a new GNR album in 2023, 15 years after the last volume, is likely low to be honest. I really don't see much reason to continue to be interested in this band at all just now. It's not hard to release music. We know this to be true, because other bands manage it fairly regularly! I have never ever known such an utter clusterfuck of a band as this lot. Unreal. 

• GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

I think my level of interest in listening to a new GNR album in 2023, 15 years after the last volume, is likely low to be honest. I really don't see much reason to continue to be interested in this band at all just now. It's not hard to release music. We know this to be true, because other bands manage it fairly regularly! I have never ever known such an utter clusterfuck of a band as this lot. Unreal. 

If you are losing interest at the very time when the band has actually started releasing new music and when everything points to more new music next year, then I don't think it is possible to resurrect your interest :lol: This is such a better time to be a GN'R fan than any other year since 2008 and so many more before that. Just think about it, GN'R is releasing music again! And I get that people are disappointed Slash hasn't contributed new songs, and that people might not like Absurd or Hard Skool - but why be gloomy, the next songs could be something you absolutely love. It is Axl singing and Slash playing! Exactly what so many fans have been craving since 1994. 

• Like 3

Just now, 19AT5 said:

the difficulty level of performing a task or achieving a goal varies according to the individual who performs it. Axl has released music this year, you just don't think it's new and good enough but like I stated in my previous post, an album could be released as soon as 2022 imo.

Last couple of shows rocked pretty hard too so for those of us who are still interested in this band and Chinese era material and are willing to accept the variables that a band fronted by Axl present, things are looking quite good, relatively speaking.

it's not relevant what other bands manage to do regularly cause Axl doesn't seem to operate like all those wonderfully prolific bands.

and btw, Tool didn't release shit for more than a decade...and then they did. Same shit could happen with this incarnation of Gn'R and that's exactly what I believe will happen eventually.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I believe a finished GNR album, in some form, exists and is more or less ready to go.

What I have trouble believing does “exist” is legitimate INTENT to actually release said album by this camp. 

If there’s an invisible “cosmic focus” that Axl is relying on that keeps being assaulted by the likes of Angus Young (remember Axl didn’t want to take focus off AC/DC so 2020 was no bueno) and now Slash, a man who only has to gain from a GNR album with his guitar all over it, we’re in for a long winter.

I think Axl’s still pissed at the label meaning that there’s no way he’s gonna give them what he owes them - namely, one more record. Ergo, we’re bound to see more single/EP releases at some time in the future, which I’m good with. I just hope that there’s not frickin months/years between them.

We need to get the leak squad on this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

I don’t think the way he’s passive aggressively laying into Slash in these posts is particularly supernatural, same way someone posted a particular line from Hard Skool on GNR’s social media account(s) the day after Slash made his initial announcement. 

This is also exactly the way Jarmo talked about Ron post-2010 when he was still pretending to be his version of “nice”. 👌🏻

DA4E145A-9F1B-497A-921B-593F1521971D.jpeg

1C0367FC-310F-49A3-8FEF-200F477E9C38.jpeg

7FF92068-C0D6-4F8F-BA97-CBE4FCCD4BEE.jpeg

Yeah, he’s an odd one that likes to speak in whatever cryptic passive tone sounds good to him at the moment. The one constant is that he’s around to make excuses/provide cover for Axl at all times and will needlessly muddy the waters to do so. I guess it “paid off” for him personally but his credibility and forum are ghost towns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I suppose that they, technically, could have recorded and released these "leftovers" already in 2016, since the actual work doesn't take much time. But, given the particularities of this band, the past history between Axl and Slash and Axl's m.o., it's had to be very slow baby steps. We also have to factor in that Slash has another band that is not just a side project.

In 2016 the focus was on touring and being functional as a touring band (and Axl did his part regarding that by being professional and showing up on time). Also on getting reacquainted and building a level of mutual trust between them as business partners and band mates. With Axl being Axl, probably the first gesture towards that was on Slash. The key gesture at that point was Slash playing CD songs; and, two years later, Axl reciprocated with Slither.

So 2016 and 2017 was continuous touring. And 2018 was Slash recording and releasing SMKC (which he had planned beforehand) and going out on tour for a year (with short GnR legs in between).

The next step was new music. Axl wanted, as he had already stated in the China Exchange interview, to put out his CD era material with Slash and Duff (he said then he didn't know if they would do it or not). Slash and Duff again made the gesture and agreed to do it; and Axl, on his part, trusted them to be as creative as they wanted with the material, so that they would make the songs "new" enough and they'd get writing credits. So that's where they (and we) are now. And, maybe one day, Axl will say, "Hey Slash, let's hear these riffs of yours and do something with them."

As usual - a superb post.

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Some interesting points have been raised over the past few threads and if it's accurate, I find it ridiculous that Jarmo is pointing the finger at Slash's productivity as to why the camp aren't getting the wheels in motion for a record to drop.  Kudos to Slash for the way he's went about getting yet another of his records out with his other band and keeping to his word, but in all honesty I'm somewhat relieved that whatever we get will consist of material that was intended as a follow up to Chinese Democracy. That was always my preference anyway, as I'm not a fan of anything Duff or Slash have produced outside of the band bar a few tunes and given the lack of material, I've no idea what Axl can bring to the table nowadays either - what I've always had faith in is the quality of material that Axl was sat on from the Chinese sessions and to my ears, the Village Sessions only solidified that belief. The age of the vocals has never been a problem for me - let's not get away from the fact that Axl Rose is one of the greatest voices to have ever lived, why turn down the opportunity to use a vocal take that was recorded in what could be argued as his peak? - and while I've had my own thoughts and opinions regarding the production of Absurd and Hard Skool, I'd still take it over anything new from the current band. It could be said that the big thing for me is closure from the whole Chinese Democracy saga and getting whatever Axl intended for a follow up would give me just that.

Well said mate - totally agree.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I must have missed something or is this the post from Jarmo that people interpret as criticism of Slash:

image.png.a4f0b96e952edeb88ec24cf38c3a2f

I interpret it simple as the band not wanting to get in the way of Slash's SMKC and his release. No obvious inherent criticism of Slash. Just stating  why the band is not going to release anything before Slash has finished his stuff with SMKC. But maybe there were additional posts from Jarmo I haven't seen?

Maybe just me (and a lack of knowing too much about Jarmos posting style) but I don’t see anything there to suggest Slash is being blamed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously.. I bet Axl couldn't have cared less if they released Hardschool and Absurd or not.. I bet Slash and Duff weren't overly excited about recording their tracks over old Axl demos. Slash certainly didn't sound like he was proud of the songs or anything. More like an "is what it is" situation...They probably just really wanted to get some kind of "Guns N' Roses" music out to the fans and that was the only way to do it. I really don't think Slash and Duff will be very eager to make an album like that.. Axl isn't eager to make an album at all.. 

I honestly think that some fans like to project how they're feelings onto Slash and Duff. Duff said on his radio show that Absurd is awesome to play live and seems to quite enjoy it, and there's really nothing implying that Slash doesn't like the material. It's entirely possible that you are right and that's the way things are, but people saying that aren't doing it based on any evidence and are just projecting.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

As usual - a superb post.

Well said mate - totally agree.

Maybe just me (and a lack of knowing too much about Jarmos posting style) but I don’t see anything there to suggest Slash is being blamed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Neither did I. Jarmo is undeniably, in the additional posts, discussing the problem if both bands release albums at the same time. But there is a distance between that and saying the decision to not release an album now is because of Slash. But maybe that was apparent from the context of the discussion and not so clear from these outtaken posts. 

19 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I honestly think that some fans like to project how they're feelings onto Slash and Duff. Duff said on his radio show that Absurd is awesome to play live and seems to quite enjoy it, and there's really nothing implying that Slash doesn't like the material. It's entirely possible that you are right and that's the way things are, but people saying that aren't doing it based on any evidence and are just projecting.

There’s definitely some merit to your point but following a particular group of individuals like these for decades upon decades does tend to give the follower/possible loser a super sense to tell what is really being communicated, not just what is literally being said. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

There’s definitely some merit to your point but following a particular group of individuals like these for decades upon decades does tend to give the follower/possible loser a super sense to tell what is really being communicated, not just what is literally being said. 

I mean, that's basically just projecting, you could say you have a special sense to prove any point you want at that point. Like I said, maybe that is the way things are, I'm not seeing anything that's saying that other than "I know that's how they would feel". 

Edited by Jw224

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

The fact that Slash said they had worked on lots of songs completely undermines your argument. All you are left with is to conclude we are not getting an album with newly written songs anytime soon. 

The fact that you'll never hear any (apart from Atlas and Perhaps) undermines yours.

When will you learn.

Stop listening to what they say.  They don't record new songs. 

Like someone else said brilliantly before.  Stop looking at what they literally say, and look at what is actually being communicated.

Edited by Pele

22 hours ago, Blackstar said:

In short: ISRC codes are unique code numbers that are assigned to each unique recording (i.e. different versions of the same song get different code numbers). These codes are usually assigned by the record label after the songs have been finally mixed and before they are handed for distribution. In the case of an album, the code numbers of the songs on it are usually within a range and are sequential (e.g. ...001, ...002, and so on.).

The codes for Absurd and Hard Skool are not sequential; HS is 11 spots after Absurd. That, of course, could be just because they were assigned at different dates. However, the codes between them, as well as 12 spots after HS, are blank and not assigned to other songs by other Universal artists. So, based on that, there's been speculation that Absurd and HS may be part of an album.

The two are unrelated.

Huge thanks for this insight. This kind of locks it in for me that there is one. 

• Like 1