The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Pele said:

The fact that you'll never hear any (apart from Atlas and Perhaps) undermines yours.

When will you learn.

Stop listening to what they say.  They don't record new songs. 

Like someone else said brilliantly before.  Stop looking at what they literally say, and look at what is actually being communicated.

but if your wrong then you will claim that you said that all along

I just listened to "Perhaps" for the first time since the original leaks and oh boy, I forgot how much I loved it.

I hope it's the next single, but they should reconsider the instrumentals. First of all they need to be bigger, louder. The chorus is fantastic and it should have big background instruments. Second of all, I think they should seperate the verses and the chorus a bit more. But so far, the reworked versions of Absurd and Hard Skewl haven't disappointed, so they'll probably deliver once again.

Now all we have to do is wait ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I believe an album was planned for this fall but that the cancelation of the tour caused the band to decide to wait until next year. That sounds plausible to me. I don't think they need to blame it on anyone but Covid-19, and blaming it on Slash not only makes little sense but also creates a fuckload of friction and would be completely bonkers. So yeah? :lol: Nah, I think we are way over interpreting some comments from Jarmo now. Almost like we look from drama and look for conflicts. Jarmo is irrelevant, unless he says what Axl feels, but I have no reason to think that is the case now.  

I think people are reading way too much into what Jarmo said.  I just read his comments and I did not get that interpretation at all. 

• Like 1

Man, in hindsight they really are boneheads, this operation. 3 years of teasing an “album”, 13 years since CD dropped, and when they finally drop a couple singles, it’s only for the lamest EP perhaps in popular rock and roll history. There may or may not have been more, but we’ll never know, cuz Slash. Cool.

• ABSUЯD 1

12 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If there was any doubt this is camp Axl trying to control a limp dick narrative, here is Jarmo is doubling down…

image.png.7673ee3499e28a9d467d1ccf2266ed2b.png

Whether you like it or not, Jarmo has a point. Slash is still being asked GNR questions. If GNR released an album now then the level of interest in SMKC would be diminished. It's actually common sense. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Whether you like it or not, Jarmo has a point. Slash is still being asked GNR questions. If GNR released an album now then the level of interest in SMKC would be diminished. It's actually common sense. 

It’s more circular arguments as to why the “time isn’t right” for an album and they’re banking on you nodding and showing up next summer.  Which is fine for some, I’m just not buying what they’re selling anymore. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Financial obligation? exactly what might that be?

Are you suggesting promoters were only booking GNR under the premiss that GNR would release new music? 

I think they released the music because A) Axl wanted to B) because the full album is gonna take some more time.

Slash said it pretty clear. He hasn't written any new songs for GNR, BUT he has recorded on a lot of other tracks from the Chinese era. If he hadn't and he was willing to be so forthcoming with the band not having written together then there's no reason why Slash wouldn't have said "We haven't done any work besides the two songs you've heard". There is other material, there are songs we have never heard and others we have heard in old forms! There's over 20yrs of material up for grabs here! And even IF Axl hadn't written lyrics for some of those songs IF Slash and Duff expressed interest in one of the unfinished songs then he could easily enough write some words, these things are not impossible... I understand anybody doubting a GNR record but I think it's a fairly safe statement now to say there is a GNR record in the works.

Potentially yes.

A lot of tour contracts (or different media/sport contracts) include promotion element.  Most tour guarantees now include several media appearances/interviews/song releases etc to maximize tour revenue.

This is the "highest grossing tour of all time".  Rose clearly refused media appearances, but may have agreed to contribute two 'new' songs.  Of course, his version of 'new' means getting his producer to record Slash/Duff parts - Rose didn't have to lift a finger.

Of course Slash was never going to say "We haven't done any work besides the two songs you've heard".  They have (IMO) lied about volume of material for decades.  They aren't going to suddenly admit Rose isn't writing/recording.

It's absolutely not a safe statement to say 'there is a GNR record in the works.'.

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh, and you were doing so well! No, my point is not undermined by your belief about something not happening in the future :lol:

Who cares.

I believe there are no new songs and therefore we'll never hear any.

You think there are new songs but you'll always defend them as the years roll by without you hearing any.

Same result.  Nobody hears new songs.  I'm just not expecting them.

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

Who cares.

I believe there are no new songs and therefore we'll never hear any.

You think there are new songs but you'll always defend them as the years roll by without you hearing any.

Same result.  Nobody hears new songs.  I'm just not expecting them.

Not for nothing, but you were totally convinced an album was coming for that week after Hard Skool where it, ya know, seemed like an album might be coming.  You said they’d be songs we’ve heard + The General & Soul Monster, but you seemed to think we were on the cusp of a larger release. Your outlook seems twice as grim now. Or are you fading in darkness with the rest of us, even for you? 😁

Edited by sofine11

5 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

It’s more circular arguments as to why the “time isn’t right” for an album and they’re banking on you nodding and showing up next summer.  Which is fine for some, I’m just not buying what they’re selling anymore. 

Exactly! 

The time isn't right.

"Pay your money and come to the shows in 2022, because then in all intents and purposes, all things considered, we'll look at what to do in the regard of slotting some releases and work out how best to go about facilitating some potential releases, as we've a lot of existing material to explore and do some finishing touches on....."

Then in 2023 - brand new world tour!!!  Come see it, we have a brand new single "Atlas Shrugged (with 1999 vocal)"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Anyone who is hoping that Atlas, or Perhaps, are the next single rather than something we haven't heard are either trolling or complete marks.

I'd also like to have something we haven't heard, but how likely is that?

I love Hard Skewl, it's a great and fun song, but it's obviously not on the same level as WTTJ or You Could Be Mine and more of a Think About You kind of song. Songs like that get boring pretty fast. I'd rather have something that has a bit of an edge, like "Perhaps", than a previously unheard rocker that's once again on the same level as Hard Skewl or Think About You.

Yes, don't expect anything for a while. Some of us might benefit from 6 months away from the forums, to not get tangled up in the needless drama, speculation and negativity. 2021 was a great year for the band, chances are 2022 will be better. 

I'm actually rarely here anymore, because of what you just wrote and what I just quoted above. This forum can be really toxic and people tend to shit all over other people's opinions and insult them instead of discussing them. It's a real turn off.

• Like 1

Yes, don't expect anything for a while. Some of us might benefit from 6 months away from the forums, to not get tangled up in the needless drama, speculation and negativity. 2021 was a great year for the band, chances are 2022 will be better. 

You just keep compiling and archiving all of those interviews.

Then you'll look back in 5 years.

"but....but Slash said there was a lot.....A LOT"

8 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Slash has always been a compulsive liar too. 

And you know what’s funny, I don’t even think he does it intentionally. After what he’s put his brain through at 56 he’s probably literally half aware about what he’s saying or being asked. But he’s still very much an active public persona so he sort of just lets it rip. 😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If you are losing interest at the very time when the band has actually started releasing new music and when everything points to more new music next year, then I don't think it is possible to resurrect your interest :lol: This is such a better time to be a GN'R fan than any other year since 2008 and so many more before that. Just think about it, GN'R is releasing music again! And I get that people are disappointed Slash hasn't contributed new songs, and that people might not like Absurd or Hard Skool - but why be gloomy, the next songs could be something you absolutely love. It is Axl singing and Slash playing! Exactly what so many fans have been craving since 1994. 

I will take time to respond and explain to this as it is a sensible question! In all honesty, whilst I don't mind Hard Skool at all, I think Absurd is fucking god awful. Further to that I am not a huge fan of Chinese Democracy, and realistically the last thing I really truly enjoyed by GNR was Oh My God... waaaaaaaaaay back in 1999. I don't find much of the Village Leaks to be anything special despite how some people here rave over, and if truth be told... there's only so long somebody will retain interest in a band without them actually doing something new creatively. Like if GNR released a couple of okay-ish albums the past few years with a few bangers on it... I'd likely take that. But to have such long gaps between releases just builds up unnecessary expectations which realistically will not be fulfilled. If a song like Absurd is making it out of the studio... it doesn't fill me with hope for future releases. I have zero interest in hearing Slashed up versions of Atlas Shrugged or Perhaps as I don't think either are particularly great songs. The former particularly grinds my gears as I think it is terrible. So aye, despite the recent activity... I'm kinda in the check out lounge with this band. But then again, I've also not really followed much of the nu-Guns era either. Fair play to those who are psyched about the future, if an album materialises, I'm sure I'll give it a listen but it's kinda too little too late for me. These guys are on the wind down path of their careers almost.

Just my thoughts, and I don't expect anybody to care, read, agree or otherwise! But thought I'd respond as you took the time to me. :) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If you are losing interest at the very time when the band has actually started releasing new music and when everything points to more new music next year, then I don't think it is possible to resurrect your interest :lol:

If you are still interested, when after 12 years of nothing, their 'new' single is a 20 year old awful throwaway, then it send a clear message they can deliver utter, utter garbage and people will still give them their money.

• Like 1

I really like HardSkool and Absurd it's OK so i don't care if they release more reworked stuff from the Chinese era. Why would Axl throw away the work of 20 years ?  maybe is all he ever wanted , his vision of the new GNR sound with Slash n Duff. The follower of UYI like if they wouldn't split up. If they release this first wich for what i said before it's the logical thing ... I mean Axl had the vocals done and let Slash n Duff write the music. Is not that weird. What i found kind of lazy is they could release these reworked songs way earlier. I listen Hardskool Pretty much everyday going to work and i really like it. Didn't listen the leaks just this one and i think they did improve it . Not their greatest but it definetly rocks and sound like Guns again. So i'm really excited if they release more of these songs .. it's something new and fresh ( i know maybe this is not the Word but it's on You for listen the leaks). I would like things would be diferent but at the end of the day i'm always in for Anything they throw to us

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Not really. GNR is a legendary band and Slash is a big part of it - if he's doing a music-related interview, he's gonna be asked about GNR.

I think the opposite is true regarding new material. If GNR released another single or album or whatever, then casual GNR fans would be more likely to notice that Slash has a new solo album and might be more inclined to listen to it. As far as fans are concerned, there's zero downside to having more new music, whether it's GNR or SMKC.

As far as waiting until they can tour behind a new album, that excuse is tired and untrue. They waited 13 months to tour after CD was released. They waited almost 3 months to resume touring after UYI was released. Plenty of bands released music last year without being able to tour it.

• Like 2