The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I dont think that Axl has used his 1999 vocals out of laziness. He probably thought that his part of those songs has been finished and wanted the current guys (incl. Slash & Duff) to add their parts. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

@Peledo you believe an album was submitted to the label 2010-2011 and it was rejected? If so, do you think it was an EP with 5 songs on it, or instrumentals?

No, I believe a 'concept' was proposed featuring a hybrid of new and reworked songs.

I don't think it was rejected.  I think he failed to complete it.

19 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I dont think that Axl has used his 1999 vocals out of laziness. He probably thought that his part of those songs has been finished and wanted the current guys (incl. Slash & Duff) to add their parts. 

Yes that's the point.

They were finished.

Now where's the rest?  They don'e exist because they were never finished.

It's no coincidence that the 2 new singles came from the 4 options.  

14 hours ago, Free Bird said:

If there was a GNR record ready, why don't postpone the SMKC album? 

Because the window for Slash, Myles, Conspirators to tour is around the time of the release of their record. There is no reason to postpone it. GNR dropped the ball not releasing a new record at literally any other point during their prolific touring or even in quarantine. But they couldn't even be bothered to meet up in studio when the world was shut down.

22 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Exactly - he did that every time a new member joined in the 2000s too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

No, I believe a 'concept' was proposed featuring a hybrid of new and reworked songs.

I don't think it was rejected.  I think he failed to complete it.

Yes that's the point.

They were finished.

Now where's the rest?  They don'e exist because they were never finished.

You use a lot of words just to say a whole lot of nothing, my friend.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pele said:

Now where's the rest?  They don't exist because they were never finished.

You would have to be a very good hacker to know that for sure. 

I have to say, a lot of what Pele says does make sense. And let’s be honest, the lack of new material does add credibility to what he’s saying. I found interesting the suggestion that the 2010/11 concept was never finished. Certainly very possible.

With that said I do really hope Pele is wrong. Around 95% of me is certain that he’s right, however. We all know what Axl is like when it comes to releasing new music. Shit, both the Illusions and Chinese were practically ripped from his hands to get the records released.

The guy simply struggles to finish music and get it out to the fans. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

There's been no album since 2008. There's been one album of original material since 1991. Slash/Duff have back been in the band for 5 years now and they have managed to release re-recordings of 2 old songs previously circulated amongst fans. Slash recently said the band have not seriously sat down and tried to write any new music in this entire time. Slash will have released 2 solo albums come February 2022 in the time he has been back in the band. Duff and Dizzy will both have released a solo album each in that same timeframe. Angus Young said of Axl in 2021 interview: "He's involved in a lot of stuff. I don’t even know if you would say it was music. But he had a lot of things that he was involved in.” There ya go pal. :)

What is Angus talking about? Like new age stuff in Sedona or what? 

15 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

I have it on good authority that Axl took up hurling after a trip to Ireland in the mid-00s. Apparently is mad for County Tyrone. Also heard from another source that he's big into Coronation Street, particularly the free-Deirdre Rashid era. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

Exactly - he did that every time a new member joined in the 2000s too.

Yes.  Ye probably got every single line-up to re-record Silkworms, Atlas, Perhaps, HardSkool and OMG, whilst telling them he was going to record some new stuff.

Gn'R is not going to end without releasing a final album. that's stupid. I want it to be next year so it coincides with the release of Slash's album but it could easily be delayed to 2023 but I don't think that will happen. Axl seems to be in a good mood so If you don't think there's a very high chance of it happening, you're blind no offense.

Edited by Rovim

31 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

For some reason, when Angus mentioned this, it made me think about Axl’s mental illness. Like, it’s rumoured (or perhaps confirmed?) that he has bipolar, right? That’s a tough thing to live with, even on medication. Maybe he is dealing with his issues in that regard. That would also explain lack of talking about things in public, maybe he doesn’t want to make a big deal about it. 

9 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Gn'R is not going to end without releasing a final album. that's stupid. I want it to be next year so it coincides with the release of Slash's album but it could easily be delayed to 2023 but I don't think that would happen. Axl seems to be in a good mood so If you don't think there's a very high chance of it happening, you're blind no offense.

Up to him to get his finger oot his jacksie and release the fucker then! Coz lyrics like "a pussy full of maggots" don't lend themselves well to those in their 60s. Kinda has a different meaning, get me!

Just now, 19AT5 said:

Up to him to get his finger oot his jacksie and release the fucker then! Coz lyrics like "a pussy full of maggots" don't lend themselves well to those in their 60s. Kinda has a different meaning, get me!

he doing it. there is no way Absurd reflects the quality of the completed album. And it grew on me, especially the live version but the drumming on the studio version is great. The tune itself is a cool and short and nasty tune. HS is maybe a better tune but Axl always goes for the diverse type of records. I expect great heavy tunes and more epic compositions.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That mentality has always been around, but it used to be a small minority who had that attitude. 

Back in the day (literally 20 years ago) when there were like 6 or so very popular GN'R forums, there were specific forums where you were only allowed to say positive things about the band. 

I'm not even talking about one in particular, there were more than a few like that. I had no problem posting at places like that because back then there was at least hope that something would happen someday. 

Nowadays, there's really only a very few GN'R forums left for more than a few obvious reasons. So everybody kind of has to gather under one or two umbrellas if they want to post on a GN'R forum. 

I'm all for being positive about GN'R and I believe I've proven that over and over again. One need only visit the Detroit 2021 show thread to see evidence. 

However, it seems that the less GN'R do with respect to new music, the less you're allowed to say anything critical or question anything. You just get labeled negative or a hater. There's really no in between which is frustrating. 

Yeah. It just feels like these two songs were used to set up a weird joke that in no way lands.  You don’t get it. But you understand somehow that you are the butt of it. And then they explain that you’re not being supportive when you then ask them to explain how it made sense.

Edited by sofine11
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

Gn'R is not going to end without releasing a final album. that's stupid. I want it to be next year so it coincides with the release of Slash's album but it could easily be delayed to 2023 but I don't think that will happen. Axl seems to be in a good mood so If you don't think there's a very high chance of it happening, you're blind no offense.

"It's stupid" and "it's not going to happen" are very different things in GNR world, I'm afraid.

7 hours ago, God of Thunder said:

Everybody here gotta realize that bands don`t make money from albums and EPs anymore.

What happened to Axl Rose the artist though? We all keep going back and forth about how there's no money in releasing music anymore. Fine. But is his passion for writing and releasing just completely gone? Slash and Duff both continue to write and record. Even with Axl's existing songs, he doesn't seem to want anything to do with them. It's almost like Axl just handed a hard drive of old songs to Slash and Duff and said, "here ya go. You can do whatever with this." It's so lame.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

There's been no album since 2008. There's been one album of original material since 1991. Slash/Duff have back been in the band for 5 years now and they have managed to release re-recordings of 2 old songs previously circulated amongst fans. Slash recently said the band have not seriously sat down and tried to write any new music in this entire time. Slash will have released 2 solo albums come February 2022 in the time he has been back in the band. Duff and Dizzy will both have released a solo album each in that same timeframe. Angus Young said of Axl in 2021 interview: "He's involved in a lot of stuff. I don’t even know if you would say it was music. But he had a lot of things that he was involved in.” There ya go pal. :)

Don't forget Duff also co-wrote that Ozzy record too. The only one in the band who isn't interested in creating new music is Axl. And whatever. Duff and Slash can't force someone to write music. That's not how art works. Axl just doesn't care anymore.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Not really. GNR is a legendary band and Slash is a big part of it - if he's doing a music-related interview, he's gonna be asked about GNR.

I think the opposite is true regarding new material. If GNR released another single or album or whatever, then casual GNR fans would be more likely to notice that Slash has a new solo album and might be more inclined to listen to it. As far as fans are concerned, there's zero downside to having more new music, whether it's GNR or SMKC.

As far as waiting until they can tour behind a new album, that excuse is tired and untrue. They waited 13 months to tour after CD was released. They waited almost 3 months to resume touring after UYI was released. Plenty of bands released music last year without being able to tour it.

You said it yourself. GNR is a legendary band. More people would be interested in GNR than Slash's solo band. That's a fact. There's  no way of saying it otherwise. People would want to hear that instead of songs from Slash's solo band. Slash may not consider it a solo effort but to the general public it is.  Of course he's still getting questions but think about how many he would get if GNR releases an album prior to or during his tour. It's logical for GNR to wait until his tour is over to release an album or more songs. 

• Like 1

Slash schedules his solo stuff around GNR. Not the other way around. One’s a major money maker. The other is a pet project.

His SMKC album isn’t holding up a Guns release. He’s putting out an album because there *is* no Guns album - there’s a few re-recorded CD2 tunes of Axl’s and, the way things are looking, there are only 2 or 3 of those left. That’s not an album. That’s a 5 song EP at best.

• Like 1