The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

This place existed long before Pele and it will exist long after Pele stops posting.

I'm talking about the activity level.  At least the discussion around his theory gets the juices going around here a bit.

Pele, for the love of all that is holy and good, take my challenge upon your shoulders, and watch the activity drop to nigh non-existent levels. 

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

When CD was released there were an additional 18 tracks that were basically done. Maybe not in Axl World but in the general sense. That definitely includes Hard School, Silkworms, Atlas, Perhaps, and State of Grace. I don't know if it includes further fleshed out versions of Nothing or Eye On You, or a reworked Oh My God. But let's say for the sake of conversation that it does. That means there are at least an additional 10 "finished" songs out there. The General and Soul Monster among them. Probably Quick Song too since there were scratch and backing vocals in 2000. Also the version of Zodiac 13 from the locker specifies "no vox" so presumably there was a version with vocals at least partially complete in 2000. It's also known, as evidenced by the existence of Better and This I Love, that they wrote stuff not in the locker. 

Unfortunately I don't think we'll hear much else anytime soon unless it leaks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oneway23 said:

I'm talking about the activity level.  At least the discussion around his theory gets the juices going around here a bit.

Pele, for the love of all that is holy and good, take my challenge upon your shoulders, and watch the activity drop to nigh non-existent levels. 

The activity level means nothing when it's all the same bullshit spreaded.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

The activity level means nothing when it's all the same bullshit spreaded.

OK, sure.   What else is there to discuss, though?  It's a freaking forum.  Bullshit is the point.

That's all we're doing here.  That's all any of us are doing here.

Do you think there's gonna be some huge news broken in this thread that your eyes will somehow pass over and you'll miss out on because of Pele's posts?

If anyone doesn't like the BS, why not simply try to avoid it and post in another thread?  Maybe starting your own thread about a different, fascinating GN'R-related topic and see how it goes?

Make a cool thread and I'll be happy to post there.  Otherwise, I couldn't care any less about GN'R's anti-social media thread or toy trucks. 

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

OK, sure.   What else is there to discuss, though?  It's a freaking forum.  Bullshit is the point.

Do you think there's gonna be some huge news broken in this thread that your eyes will somehow pass over and you'll miss out on because of Pele's posts?

If anyone doesn't like the BS, why not simply try to avoid it and post in another thread?  Maybe starting your own thread about a different, fascinating GN'R-related topic and see how it goes?

Make a cool thread and I'll be happy to post there.  Otherwise, I couldn't care any less about GN'R's anti-social media thread or toy trucks. 

every now and then you get a few posters who come here to discuss how boring it is to discuss Gn'R. Very productive use of their time and informative and entertaining for the rest of us. I guess it's another effective way to feel good about oneself.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

every now and then you get a few posters who come here to discuss how boring it is to discuss Gn'R. Very productive use of their time and informative and entertaining for the rest of us. I guess it's another effective way to feel good about oneself.

Having been here since at least 2004 (I think I remember having an account here even earlier than that.  I believe the board was reset at some point?), I definitely wouldn't characterize myself as someone who pops in now and again to talk about how boring GN'R is, although, I'm admittedly not as engaged here as I was from the early aughts to around 2010 or so.

Having said that, how productive and informative is it for one to point out how lame someone's opinion is?  It's the same empty calorie trash heap no matter which side of the mountain you're standing on.

Edited by oneway23

25 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

Avoiding a thread because of one dude? First of all I had to avoid the forum because he contaminates every thread. Imagine everybody would avoid it, you and Pele were alone here. 

I do my best not to respond because that's just feeding the troll and I think it's the best acting the same when it comes to you.

Who are you? His mother? What's wrong with you both?

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Avoiding a thread because of one dude? First of all I had to avoid the forum because he contaminates every thread. Imagine everybody would avoid it, you and Pele were alone here. 

I do my best not to respond because that's just feeding the troll and I think it's the best acting the same when it comes to you.

Are you his mother? Or what's wrong with you both?

Did I insult you?  I don't believe I did.

1 minute ago, oneway23 said:

Having said that, how productive and informative is it for one to point out how lame someone's opinion is?  It's the same empty calorie trash heap.

I was hoping my reply will be informative enough for you to stop complaining about how boring it is to discuss Gn'R in a forum dedicated to discussing Gn'R thus making it productive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I was hoping my reply will be informative enough for you to stop complaining about how boring it is to discuss Gn'R in a forum dedicated to discussing Gn'R thus making it productive.

So...feel free to discuss GN'R, but, only in the manner in which we see fit. 

Database codes are infinitely more interesting.  Let's return to those.

Edited by oneway23

1 minute ago, oneway23 said:

So...feel free to discuss GN'R, but, only in the manner in which we see fit. 

Database codes are infinitely more interesting.  Let's return to those.

you're shitting on it for your own amusement, friend. It's not very pleasant imo, but please, carry on. You have every right to do so, of course.

Just now, Rovim said:

you're shitting on it for your own amusement, friend. It's not very pleasant imo, but please, carry on. You have every right to do so, of course.

What, exactly, am I "shitting on"?   Certainly not Guns N' Roses.

You don't know me from Adam, but, I guess you're right. 

I stole my buddy's sister's Appetite tape when I was 8, had GN'R on a birthday cake when I was 10, drove my wheelchair in Manhattan for four nights in 2006, walked around on canes until my legs were burning,  with my wife and I enduring a wild mosh pit up front in our wheelchairs on night one (Robin dove over the rail, directly into our laps during the encore and I kissed his forehead after thanking him for sticking around...),  all because I want nothing more in my life than to shit on GN'R for my own amusement.

• Like 4

Just now, DurhamGirl said:

I dont understand the problem here,  Somebody is giving their vews which is not what the majority want to hear and so he is a problem?

yes. Personally I don't like differing opinions. It's not what I want to hear. Mods have banned people for less.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Pele said:

You've posted 421 times in this thread.

Right. I know you missed the point but here it is again: the thread would have a ton less pages if people (including me) stopped replying to you every time you posted the same bullshit over and over and over. 

• Like 2

Quick funny story about that 2006 Hammerstein run - this one's  especially for the old-timers - since we're looking to change the subject.

I'm sitting in the balcony for night three, right?  Now...I can walk up and down steps, but, standing upright going down steps at shows can be really daunting for me.

Anyway, struggling to maintain balance, holding onto the rail, when a seemingly random dude runs up, grabs my arm, literally holds my hand, and walks me down to my seat.

That seemingly random dude?  darknemus!

Yes, a truly chivalrous gentleman, indeed! :)

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 4