The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

11 hours ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I don’t think even the great Slash can Bring It To Life.

Yeah, Perhaps is just not a great song. The chorus is annoying and there's too much going on in an attempt to hide that there's no strong melody. The verses are kinda cool but ruined by all these "hay hays" and "uaahs", also pretty annoying. :D

all imo, of course.

And since the vocals will definately not be touched, well...

19 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Yeah, Perhaps is just not a great song. The chorus is annoying and there's too much going on in an attempt to hide that there's no strong melody. The verses are kinda cool but ruined by all these "hay hays" and "uaahs", also pretty annoying. :D

all imo, of course.

Perhaps was a grower for me. I like how it's piano driven, but also a rocker. How the guitar solo comes in with a high note (literally) is also cool AF. I feel it is stronger than Atlas, but a step down from Hard Skool.

47 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Perhaps was a grower for me. I like how it's piano driven, but also a rocker. How the guitar solo comes in with a high note (literally) is also cool AF. I feel it is stronger than Atlas, but a step down from Hard Skool.

I'd put Perhaps ahead of HS and Atlas. I think with Duff and Slash on board Perhaps could be very good, as it is I happily listen to it and think it's a pretty complete song. Biggest thing I don't really like is how Axl jumps in on the very beginning "Perhaps I was wrong" feels off to my ears😅 Perhaps is like the Stepchild offspring of UYI

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I think Perhaps is a much better song than Atlas, either version Hard School and obviously Silkworms/Absurd. It has some lyrical depth and emotion that's missing from the others. It also has the massive chorus that much of CD was criticized for lacking. I like a lot of the songs from that era but this along with Better are the only two that sound like "hits" 

It also sounds like UYI era Guns. Reminds me of Yesterdays in some ways. Guitar leads have a hint Estranged in them too though a lot more subdued.

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck

4 hours ago, El Guapo said:

all imo, of course.

Love that hay haysss, for me i tue best part…and its somehow Axl acknoledging  his trademarks

Perhaps is one of my most listened to songs on the leaks. Although Devious Bastard is too, and Inside Out.

Perhaps is a belter though, the slow parts into the quicker, the anger, the energy, the melody is there. It just needs a bit more. I think Slash and Duff can boost it.

The song lyrics are pretty savage too. Good song.

19 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I actually think you'd start making more excuses or change the narrative. I don't really believe you'd actually say, "Perhaps I was wrong."

What do you mean 'more excuses'?  I've been fairly consistent with what I'm saying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

I've always been curious about this, I was here post-banned members era.

Since there's no actual album to really speak of, what happened to them? who are they? and why aren't we allowed to talk about them?

Don't do it my friend.

14 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

I've always been curious about this, I was here post-banned members era.

Since there's no actual album to really speak of, what happened to them? who are they? and why aren't we allowed to talk about them?

Is Pele a first ballot inductee on this illustrious honor? 

PM sent

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1