The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

14 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Which is basically where we've been since 2001 ...

1999-2008 was a goldmine compared to 2009-2021. New music was debuted live and/or leaked with some regularity. 

Virtually nothing has happened since outside the 2019 leaks which seemingly created no sense of urgency for releasing new material. In 2006 the release of CD felt imminent even though it took another 2 years. 

Hard Skool and Absurd feel like table scraps, with album on the horizon. 

Edited by Mikey Whipwreck
  • Thanks 1

What’s the over/under on a “surprise” album release before the end of the year?

I hate that my gut tells me we get nada until maybe the “Atlas Shrugged EP” late next year. 

Man @Fernando what the fuck dude. 😬 

image.jpeg

Edited by sofine11
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

What’s the over/under on a “surprise” album release before the end of the year?

I hate that my gut tells me we get nada until maybe the “Atlas Shrugged EP” late next year. 

Man @Fernando what the fuck dude. 😬 

image.jpeg

It seems weird to drop two singles and then no album, unless it's normal to drop singles a year or so prior to the full album.

If they spend several months improving the mixing we heard on Absurd and Hard Skool for the full album, I'd be OK with that.

41 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

It seems weird to drop two singles and then no album, unless it's normal to drop singles a year or so prior to the full album.

Well it's not really uncommon these days. Many artists these days release tons of singles throughout the years before they finally drop the album.

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

If they spend several months improving the mixing we heard on Absurd and Hard Skool for the full album, I'd be OK with that.

They haven't mentioned anything about an album, so it's not really that weird. They're just standalone singles, and if there ends up being an album next year, maybe they'll be bonus tracks?

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Really they had 20 years to improve on mixes. If anything the mixes are worse than the original leaks lol Axl and Carams fault again.

My preference would be they spend time with a proper producer to go through the songs and get it mixed professionally. Do not let Caram or Axl touch producing or mixing of the album 😃

• Like 4

On 11/6/2021 at 1:58 AM, vloors said:

Really they had 20 years to improve on mixes. If anything the mixes are worse than the original leaks lol Axl and Carams fault again.

My preference would be they spend time with a proper producer to go through the songs and get it mixed professionally. Do not let Caram or Axl touch producing or mixing of the album 😃

I can only dream of a Steve Albini produced Gn'R album. That would be an interesting experiment. 😉

Found out he's also responsible for this early 90's album 😂:

On 11/5/2021 at 9:37 PM, Lies They Tell said:

Well it's not really uncommon these days. Many artists these days release tons of singles throughout the years before they finally drop the album.

I think something like that happened with the most recent Tame Impala album. I remember Patience and Borderline were both released in Spring/Summer 2019 with the album finally dropping on Valentine's Day 2020. 

Also interesting that Patience wasn't on the album at all (has now appeared on deluxe edition) and the mix of Borderline was a wholly different (albeit inferior) mix to the single release. 

So, there is hope...

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 8:58 PM, vloors said:

I wish they stuck with Sean Beavan. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

Big fan of his mixes. Tommy evidently thought highly of him too as he mixed One Man Mutiny

I hope we one day get to hear the Beavan produced album as a bonus or a leak. I think we got fairly close with some of the Village leaks. 

I don't think it would be too hard to release a multi-disc CD era special edition after the next album drops, so it doesn't spoil that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I hope we one day get to hear the Beavan produced album as a bonus or a leak. I think we got fairly close with some of the Village leaks. 

I don't think it would be too hard to release a multi-disc CD era special edition after the next album drops, so it doesn't spoil that. 

This is my hope. A suitably priced CD boxset would be awesome…..doesn’t need to be grandiose or anything…just a simple box with vinyls and CDs! I know some folk think it would be a waste of money/not enough interest but if priced reasonably and manufactured in realistic numbers then absolutely there is a market. Take my money now!

• Like 1

Just now, DTJ80 said:

This is my hope. A suitably priced CD boxset would be awesome…..doesn’t need to be grandiose or anything…just a simple box with vinyls and CDs! I know some folk think it would be a waste of money/not enough interest but if priced reasonably and manufactured in realistic numbers then absolutely there is a market. Take my money now!

Absolutely.....especially when you look at some of the boxsets that do get released. 

If there's a market for a boxset of Kim Wilde rarities or Dani Minogue remixes, then there is 100 per cent a market for Chinese era GNR. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely.....especially when you look at some of the boxsets that do get released. 

If there's a market for a boxset of Kim Wilde rarities or Dani Minogue remixes, then there is 100 per cent a market for Chinese era GNR. 

🤣 great examples!

But yeah, any reissue like this could be in tandem with reintroduced Vinyl copies and….a selection of different covers!!?! 🤯🥳

34 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

🤣 great examples!

But yeah, any reissue like this could be in tandem with reintroduced Vinyl copies and….a selection of different covers!!?! 🤯🥳

I'd love for that, I'd even settle for a 100% digital download with high res art.

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

McCartney has been reissuing his back catalogue for years. It allows to throw in alternate mixes, unreleased material and demos among other things while capitalizing on the fans wanting to spend money! 

The Guns back catalogue is out of print and fetches ABSURD sums, it’s easy money to even just reissue the albums themselves, but if they done deluxe boxsets with all of the bonus content, I’d throw my money at it, especially something Chinese related.

New album should be the main focus though!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Why do you think there is going to be an album when there is simply no evidence of this happening especially since Slash has admitted they have not done anything musically together (after saying that they had).  I truly hope I am wrong we shall see.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Why do you think there is going to be an album when there is simply no evidence of this happening especially since Slash has admitted they have not done anything musically together (after saying that they had).  I truly hope I am wrong we shall see.

Slash said that he and Duff recorded a lot of material that Axl had, which is evident through the release of Absurd and Hard Skool this year. Everything else he said about music turned out mostly true, so there is no need to doubt him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

He said he jammed with Duff and I think he said he jammed with Axl. He said he and Duff worked on a lot of existing material. He never admitted they haven't done anything together. Just that they didn't sit together as a band working on new material. From what he said there could be a full album of older songs like HS and Absurd which he and Duff reworked. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 4