The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 11/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, Pele said:

Agree with all of that except the opening line.

He has always been a cheesy, cringy, edgelord - capable of ruining songs with some utter shit he finds funny.

• I dont vant to do eet
  • I see you standing there, you think you're soooooo cool
  • Had a plan and thought they'd win, but I dont give a fuck 'bout them, cause I am crazy!!!!!!!
  • Whatever the shit at the end of Breakdown was
  • Stupid Michael Jackson noises everywhere
  • Sex noises in Rocket Queen
  • shouting "with your ass in the air!!!" in YCBM

That was not purely an Axl thing that was part of the whole 80s, the culture was fond of things like that, many things were really silly and ridiculous if you look back on the 80s. And to be honest he ripped the sex noises idea off from Bon Jovi:lol:though he did take it to the next level by making them himself lol.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

And that’s indeed the key word: SOME. They did it with some songs, and they did it a different way with some other songs. Again, not expecting an all-new album, but it needs to have at least some new music from this actual factual living band, plus Axl’s older material, of course. It doesn’t need to – it shouldn’t – be just black or white. As for sitting in one room together, why couldn’t they do it via phones etc. Anyway, dozens of other bands do it (see various rehearsals/studio jams on YT), so again, why should it be a problem for this band? Adjustment, compromise, agreement. 
Improvise, adapt, overcome. ;) 

Why? Why do you think axl can still write songs? Why does it matter to you when axl wrote the lyrics? If you want a good example of something axl has written in the last 15 years, check out Scraped.

7 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Why? Why do you think axl can still write songs? Why does it matter to you when axl wrote the lyrics? If you want a good example of something axl has written in the last 15 years, check out Scraped.

Cause that’s kinda what releasing music records with certain groups of people is about. Not just settling for embellished material written a generation ago, before the internet, 9/11, social media, smart phones, political correctness, migration, Trump, Panama Papers (remember, anyone?), and Covid. This is not Axl’s solo endeavour any more, these two guys (or at least one of them, right?) have – or used to anyway – a huge creative input and effect on the band’s overall tone and existence in general. That’s why it would be quite nice if they contributed in a more "integral" way and did something new together. 
As for Axl’s writing, we simply don’t know. I’m not against Axl giving Slash just lyrics and Slash creating the music from scratch. We know this has happened many times in the past. The question is whether they’re not gonna end up doing it the same way they did with the two singles, i.e. barely touching the structure and just adding solos etc. That’s not what I have in mind. Again, certainly good for a portion of the record but not for 100% of it. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The idea that the band would all sit in a room together and write songs like they did occasionally in the 80s, is unlikely. People who don't spend time together can't be expected to write songs together that way. And the idea that Axl would come down to rehearsals to work our brand new songs seems highly unlikely to me. Even in the 90s, Axl and Slash worked separately. Axl brought in songs that Slash got to add his stamp to, and the other way around. It is the same thing now, only that all the songs are from Axl.

Some fans also object to the songs being old and that it doesn't work when Slash add guitar tracks to older songs. But this is also not new to GN'R. Some of the songs off Appetite and Lies were Hollywood Rose songs that Slash (and Duff) added their input to, and reworked. Many songs on UYIs were old, too, and some were again Axl songs that Slash and Duff got to rework.

That this is the approach now, too, especially considering that Axl has all these songs that obviously means a lot to him, shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. 

If anything Slash and Duff would probably sit together and work on songs, then maybe jam with Frank and Fortus. Idk what Axl would do though.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

It's not that he doesn't accept opinions. He just knows how to troll you and that's all what he care for. It doesn't help that you guys keep responding.

I think it just tick people off sometimes, some people here are really frustrated to get an album and in a way it's like he's rubbing salt to their wounds.

He's still a troll btw and not everyone knows how to deal with trolls.

9 hours ago, Pele said:

In 5 years time, you'll still be thinking you're gonna hear Zodiac 13 with vocals at some point.

Whose a joke?

I have never said I expect to hear Zodiac 13 with vocals. Not sure why it was relevant for you to express your ignorance on this right now. We were talking about you telling people not to get their hopes up re: the quality of a new album based on nothing but your  purely subjective feelings on the quality of the songs.

So yeah, the one who is a joke is the one who has matured to a stage where he can read and write but still hasn't grasped the fundamental concept of people liking different things, and who, when this is pointed out to him, reverts back to trolling about others not getting to hear a particular song which said others have never claimed to expect to hear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

I think it just tick people off sometimes, some people here are really frustrated to get an album and in a way it's like he's rubbing salt to their wounds.

He's still a troll btw and not everyone knows how to deal with trolls.

It's exactly what he does.

On 11/11/2021 at 1:25 AM, SoulMonster said:

The idea that the band would all sit in a room together and write songs like they did occasionally in the 80s, is unlikely. People who don't spend time together can't be expected to write songs together that way. And the idea that Axl would come down to rehearsals to work our brand new songs seems highly unlikely to me. Even in the 90s, Axl and Slash worked separately. Axl brought in songs that Slash got to add his stamp to, and the other way around. It is the same thing now, only that all the songs are from Axl.

Some fans also object to the songs being old and that it doesn't work when Slash add guitar tracks to older songs. But this is also not new to GN'R. Some of the songs off Appetite and Lies were Hollywood Rose songs that Slash (and Duff) added their input to, and reworked. Many songs on UYIs were old, too, and some were again Axl songs that Slash and Duff got to rework.

That this is the approach now, too, especially considering that Axl has all these songs that obviously means a lot to him, shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. 

The songs on Appetite, Lies and Illusions weren't 20 fucking years old. That's a stupid comparison. Also, stop trying to spin what Slash said. It's clear what he meant: they haven't written any new, original songs. He wasn't saying they haven't "all gotten in a room together."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NolaBola said:

The songs on Appetite, Lies and Illusions weren't 20 fucking years old. That's a stupid comparison. Also, stop trying to spin what Slash said. It's clear what he meant: they haven't written any new, original songs. He wasn't saying they haven't "all gotten in a room together."

I never said they were 20 years old, I said they were old. I see no difference between Slash adding guitars to an old Axl composition like November Rain, which he did for the release in 1991, than him adding guitars to an old song like Silkworms. Old is old and whether it is 20 years or 5 years is irrelevant to my point. It is still a divide between when the song was composed and when Slash go to add to it, and a song where Slash has limited power to reshape the song. 

Oh definitely. But I wasn't commenting upon what Slash said directly, but upon those who are disappointed the band hasn't sat together to write new songs. 

• Haha 1

Personally, I would be happy for a mixed album. Maybe some live tracks off from the 2016/2017 tour, "Absurd", "Hard Skool", "Perhaps", "Atlas Shrugged", "State Of Grace", "Scraped", and it could even turn out to be a lost hits album (the songs that didn't appear on Greatest Hits)

I dunno. I'm still very happy with the release of "Hard Skool", and if they don't release any new music for, 2, 3 years, we'll still have this epic song. 

Edited by opalho
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It's doesn't matter that you've heard it and mentioned as much many times on the forum. All that matters is that Pele says it doesn't exist. 

I think Pele's secret objective is wanting some members with post 1999 tracks to leak them all out of frustration. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It's doesn't matter that you've heard it and mentioned as much many times on the forum. All that matters is that Pele says it doesn't exist. 

Do you think this guy has heard Zodiac 13 with vocals like he claims (despite not offering a single line of words)?

To me, there will never be a "new" GNR record!

There's Paul Stanley from Kiss and Roger Daltrey of The Who saying, today, there's no point of a new record for both bands, because no one cares anda fans just wanna hear classics, for emotional reasons or whatever.

And the we see how everybody reacted to "Absurd" (I really like this version of the song), but the majority of the fans hated it, which I think Axl shot himself in the foot by releasing something "so different" first.

Then "Hard Skool" was great, but the new version feels dilluted, generic, I don't know, it's not a WOW song anymore.

I really think the band lost its momentum and then Fernando says there's a new record, Beta says there's a new record, Fortus says there's tons of material, Slash says nothing was recorded. Feels like they don't know what else to say to keep fans interested, but I tend to believe in Slash, which is sad.

Last but not least, if they didn't record anything in 5 years why record anything now?

I miss that Chinese-Democracy-anytime-now feeling. 

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pele said:

Do you think this guy has heard Zodiac 13 with vocals like he claims (despite not offering a single line of words)?

In the world of GNR, anything is possible.

Remember this cryptic message from htgth back in 2007:

demolition: To all the haters : I'm sorry for you not sorry for me. You don't know who you can trust now or who to believe.
Remember these words when the album comes out.
I'm out of here

We all had a laugh at that guy.  Riiiiight.  Whatever dude.

Then we got to hear "Sorry" for ourselves.....

• GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 1