The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think GNR will come up with a new pandemic just to not release anything

Wait…so the album *isn’t* dropping this Thursday at midnight?! Paging @FernandoI think our GNR needs new batteries again…

Edited by sofine11
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Bansidhe said:

Rose, unlike Hewson, is not an insufferable charity careerist.

we love making excuses for the laziness.  Pearl Jam has like 30 records, tours non stop, has a diffenernt show almost every night.  There is BIG difference in WANTING to do something.  Rose does not want to release new music.  Its not corona, lawyers, "dont not how to in 2021". etc.  Its I DONT WANT TO, period

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

we love making excuses for the laziness.  Pearl Jam has like 30 records, tours non stop, has a diffenernt show almost every night.  

Pearl Jam released 11 records since 1991. It took them 7 years to release their latest record. Still not bad, but not exactly 30 records either. As for touring, they don't tour as much as you think apparently, definitely less than GnR has been touring in the last 5 years needless to say.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

Pearl Jam released 11 records since 1991. It took them 7 years to release their latest record. Still not bad, but not exactly 30 records either. As for touring, they don't tour as much as you think apparently, definitely less than GnR has been touring in the last 5 years needless to say.

How many records has GNR released since 1991?

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Zeppelin said:

You were comparing/contrasting Pearl Jam with GNR, so it's only natural to bring up the band's lack of releases since 1991.

No, I wasn't, the poster I reacted to was doing that, and like someone else already explained, it's pointless comparing bands. However, if you still feel the need to compare bands (how pointless that might be), at least stick to the facts and don't make shit up. Pearl Jam hasn't released 30 records and doesn't tour non stop, like said poster wrongfully claimed, and that's what I reacted to.

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

No, I wasn't, the poster I reacted to was doing that, and like someone else already explained, it's pointless comparing bands. However, if you still feel the need to compare bands (how pointless that might be), at least stick to the facts and don't make shit up. Pearl Jam hasn't released 30 records and doesn't tour non stop, like said poster wrongfully claimed, and that's what I reacted to.

I think they were just exaggerating. But you were comparing them anyway, since you brought up both bands and their touring habits.

Just now, Zeppelin said:

I think they were just exaggerating. But you were comparing them anyway, since you brought up both bands and their touring habits.

I didn't mean to compare, because I think it's stupid comparing bands. Every band/artist is different. The only reason why I mentioned that GnR tours more than Pearl Jam was to simply emphasize how off that poster's claim was in the first place.

• Like 1

Eddie Vedder’s new album, his 4th solo and third since the last GnR album was released , is up for preorder now. 

Can we end this debate about who is or is not prolific with creating and sharing their art with the world? It’s tiresome 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Eddie Vedder’s new album, his 4th solo and third since the last GnR album was released , is up for preorder now. 

Can we end this debate about who is or is not prolific with creating and sharing their art with the world? It’s tiresome 

was that what the debate was about? Axl is not prolific, I don't think anyone disagrees with that, but to compare him to other musicians is silly as every individual is different. For some reason, a lot of Gn'R fans seem to find it difficult to accept this and they expect Axl to release a comparable amount of material to other musicians just because those other musicians are prolific.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

If this thread gets one post an hour from now until Guns n' Roses releases a new album, how long will the thread end up?

Infinite is an acceptable response in this game.

After we get a new album, will this thread be used for the subsequent album (the 8th album) or will a new thread be created? Chinese Democracy 3 starts now!

In my dream last night, Axl and Vince Neil did an ad campaign for Taco Bell. They did commercials together and separately, like Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes in State Farm commercials. They sang "Home Sweet Home" together in one of them. 

Anyway, that's just one idea for marketing the new album. 

25 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Why is it silly to compare musicians? Only point in comparing things, is because there are differences. Comparing musicians to other musicians or bands to other bands is the most logical you can do.

apples to oranges kind of thing imo. We know Axl doesn't release new material very often. We've known it for years, yet some of us continue to compare this individual who takes his sweet time with his music to very prolific musicians. It's like comparing boxers from different weight classes for example.

why would you expect Axl, who has released 1 album in 30 years and 3 singles to be more like Eddie Vedder? the comparison is pointless. Is Axl magically and suddenly going to change? or is it just another day of letting the coping mechanism do its thing instead of accepting we can't do shit about it so maybe it's better to enjoy what we do get which is more than nothing at all.

it's not like Axl is forcing us to continue to be Gn'R fans or post on the internet about the band or give our money to him. Constructive criticism has its value of course but whining about it and pointing out how Pearl Jam is shitting an album every other friday isn't going to make much difference in Gn'R land.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1